Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner

3.9

This is a good volumizing conditioner. It's lightweight, it doesn't feel greasy, and it moisturizes my baby fine hair. The smell is unpleasant, like the body souffle I got, but thankfully it fades a bit. It's earthy and herbal to me, it's just not pleasant. But thankfully in the conditioner (and the shampoo), the smell is mild. So I will use up the bottles but I would not repurchase, as there are cheaper options I've found that work for me that smell better. Even if not cheaper, I enjoy the Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind shampoo and the Blossom & Bloom Volumizing Conditioner. Those are both natural smelling but they don't smell weird or off to me. It's a personal preference, but for the money, I'd rather get the same effect with Briogeo that I enjoy than buy Moroccanoil ever again. It's a good product yes, but the cost is prohibitive and I could find something as good at a cheaper price point, with a fragrance I like. I don't want pungent fragrances, there was some cherry blossom Paul Mitchell I tried in the past that nauseated me it was so sweet, but this just isn't my cup of tea. I highly recommend not ordering online for your first order, if you can, get this in a salon to smell to see if you like it, then if you do the website is handy to get it delivered to your front door. I do appreciate the volume but the bottles are small and the price is high and the scent, while being mild and fading, is just not for me.

on 3/21/2015 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the matching Volume Shampoo and Conditioner. I don't feel that it gives extra volume but does make my hair soft and shiny. The fragrance smells just like the Moroccanoil (which I love) I prefer this Matching shampoo and conditioner to the Moisturising Moroccanoil Shampoo and Conditioner and also feel it is better then the Macadamia Nut Shampoo and Conditioner too. I will always keep buying the Volume Shampoo and Conditioner as it has become my new favorite.

on 3/1/2015 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The volume shampoo in this line is my HG, so I use the conditioner to go with it. It's nice and light, while making it easy to detangle my hair, and seems to keep my hair as healthy as can be without weighing it down, but dear god the fragrance! I love the way the shampoo smells, it's so light and fresh, but with the conditioner it's like someone accidentally spilled five times more fragrance into the mix. I really wish it wasn't so strongly scented, which is why this conditioner gets 4 lippies instead of 5.

on 1/31/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Bad. I have colored medium length wavy hair. Never have had issues with breakage or split ends. With using the shampoo and conditioner in the line I definitely started experiencing those things. At $30 a pop, definitely not worth your hard earned cash.

on 12/3/2014 4:51:00 PM

Light but effective conditioner - the fragrance is heaven.

on 11/24/2014 8:29:00 AM

It works. Period. I will never using anything else. This, the shampoo that comes with it, the restorative masks and oils. Never before have I had anything that actually works this good. Pricey? Not cheap, but not more expensive than the other stuff and it works better anyway.

on 6/19/2014 8:42:00 PM

i have fine blonde hair, this stuff beats kenzi, argan, keratin, etc.. I went to school for cosmetology and believe me, this line will fix even the finest over processed hair better than a keratin treatment w/o breaking it, buy their paddle brush even if you've never used one and all that hair you've colored that's been falling out or you've been losing from stress, give it a week, it won't be in this brush at all, volume shampoo and conditioner light mask once a week oil each time you wash, use a wet hair comb, then dry and style with their paddle brush. You can move over to sham pure or pureology purple or something more volumizing later even lanza and kenzi oil. I'd rather see you morrocan and shampure forever and fyi i went to paul mitchell and teach dance so i'm not selling.
You're not imagining it you're losing less hair and seeing regrowth, it's not just less stress in your life in fact your life probably hasn't changed at all but this stuff will change your hair forever. give it a little while to get the oil amount right etc..

on 1/7/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I think this is actually called 'Extra Volume Conditioner', but anyway, a bit about my conditioning needs:
I have reasonably healthy hair as I do not dye it or style it that often, however it is coarse, long, and I do go out into the sun/surf on a weekly basis, so the ends are a bit dry/damaged. I do not aim for smooth conditioning results (hence using a volumizing product), but I do need decent detangling, bounce/body/am I talking about boobs or hair? and general care. And I don't want any animal friends hurt just because I want gorgeous locks.

Please note: I always brush out my hair before washing it so I am not battling with soggy knots. I also concentrate the conditioner on my ends, and only wipe the remaining stuff on the top third of my hair/head.

Pros:
1. Provides volume as promised! Decent conditioning properties without weighing down my hair. After I use this conditioner my hair is compliant, soft and bouncy.
2. Promotes root-lift. I didn't used to put conditioner on the top third of my hair, but I do not have to worry about an oily scalp or weighed down hair with this conditioner, so I just wipe the remaining stuff off my hands onto the top of my hair.
3. Lovely thick formula. I wouldn't say 'a little goes a long way' but perhaps 'a reasonable amount does the job'.
4. Packaging is quite minimalistic and balances upside down, so you can get all the last dregs.
5. No animal testing, yay.

Cons:
1. Dear god this stuff is perfumed to the max! Waaaay too much perfume for my liking, and not the delicious type either, just perfume-y perfume smell. But I can forgive this because of the above list, and my sea-salt spray neutralises the perfume.
2. Yeh it's pretty expenso.

Luv N.

on 9/9/2013 10:49:00 PM

Just returned this conditioner after several uses. Couldn't figure out why my ends were so dry and brittle. I didn't think this product with Moroccan oil would be the culprit, but it was. I've used their regular shampoo and it was fine, nothing special but not bad. I thought the volume conditioner would be a good balance of fullness and moisture. It wasn't. I guess if you have hair that is already in good condition it might work for you, but if you have dry or colored/highlited hair not a good choice. It ruined the ends of my hair and I had to cut off more than an inch. For me, not a good product.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products