September 2, 2014 | 1926 users online

Moisturizers - Shiseido - The Skincare - Day Protective Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

Used this moisturiser and the night moisturiser of same range for about a year or so. Very expensive firstly. Secondly, after trying out a different moisturiser with a lower price tag,I realised that Shiseido really isn't worth it. It claims to be for combination skin, but my skin looked oily after it. That's even after I had put on powder over it!! I don't know why I didn't try and change it sooner, I just never had the time to go about finding another one. I didn't really think it did anything in the way of wrinkle correction/prevention either so it is now a definite no-no.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Twinkz2Winkz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Initially I loved this product. I used it along with this line's cleanser, toner and clay mask.
It moisturized my skin well, making it bright and plump and supple (everything a moisturizer should do), until one day during October it gave out and no longer sufficed as a moisturizer. My skin became dull and lack luster.
I concluded that it was a basic moisturizer and could not stand up to the colder climate of Toronto. Furthermore, it did not contain a broad spectrum SPF to wear alone, which it probably contributed to deep tan I incurred whilst using this.

I moved on to Neutrogena's Oil-Free moisturizer for sensitive skin, and went back to this during a break out. It made the acne worse, even making my skin sting a little.

If you have normal healthy skin with no other concerns and wear a sunscreen on top of this, it should work well as a basic moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased the Shiseido "The Skincare 1-2-3" kit at Shoppers Drugmart here in Canada for $50. I was using Bobbi Brown's skincare prior to this and I must say that there is no comparison. Shiseido's is far superior and the price for this kit is amazing!! This moisturizer is the best I've tried. It's moisturizing but not heavy, I have dry and sensitive NC15 skin and this moisturizer works so well for me!! It also leaves this beautiful pearl glow to the face after it's applied. It keeps makeup on really well too...I didn't have to touch up my makeup even once in 10 hours!

UPDATE!!! HECKKKK NO!

After using this for a few weeks, I realize how greasy this is, even for the driest of skins! It's disgustingly running and shiny and it made my makeup fade extremely fast. I went back to using Bobbi Brown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base which I have learned to love again after this awfulllll Shiseido experience!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by sthomas91

Not bad. I bought this after using a product that made my skin very sensitive and dry. It works for me and doesn't make me break out, and I like that it's spy 15, but it's nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Trenty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

it is very lightweight lotion w/ spf protection...it is only spf15 though...if u want more protection, get the higher spf lotion.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by laydeegambit

I really wanted to like this product but since I have oily skin, it made it more oily. I think it broke me out too.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 5:03:00 AM More reviews by rqhooi

I got this and the night version as samples when I restock on my Purifying Foam Cleanser. The texture even though light and watery tends to turn a bit greasy after I've put it on. On itself I would rate it as an average to above average lightweight moisturizer that does it job but disappoints when put under make-up.

It seems to amplifies the dry patches on my cheeks what with my makeup base and liquid foundation basically clinging onto the patches and refusing to even blend. I look like I have half-baked melted make up on after 5 mins. And I notice there;s breakouts every time I used it.

This might be suitable for those with dry to normal skin types that can absorb richer moisturizers, but for those that have acne-prone/sensitive/overall moody-ass skin, its better to get a sample to test it out before splurging on a whole bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Decent basic moisturizer; keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day and doesn't seem to cause any breakouts after two months of use. I apply after the alcohol-free softener in the same line, and it seems to absorb well enough. I wouldn't trust the SPF for more than walking to and from your car, though.

This is probably not for anyone with oily skin, or who wants to look matte all day.

A lot of other reviewers have commented that it leaves a greasy film on their face, and yes, it's true. It feels similar to how some primers and suncreens dry down.

I actually happen to like the film because it makes my foundations look better (no dry cakey look), which is why I purchased this moisturizer in the first place. I don't like a lot of liquid foundations because they look powdery and dry, but wearing them over this moisturizer makes them luminous and glowy. Go figure.

Great packing - sanitary pump, and opaque container so light-sensitive ingredients don't break down before you apply. One full pump is enough for your face, neck, and chest, but the pump isn't "sticky" like some others, so you can easily dispense 1/2 pump or whatever amount you want.

For the fragrance-sensitive, this has the usual Shiseido fragrance, which dissipates shortly after application.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by schixzotic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried this and I was in love.
Much more moisturising than the White Lucent range, and cheaper to boot.
My HG moisturiser. Keeps my skin lovely and soft the whole day!

EDIT (25/1/2013): I have stopped using this product as I find it less effective than Biotherm. Biotherm's cheaper too. However it is nonetheless a good moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by tamnguyener

At first, I really didn't like this product especially for the super high price. It felt greasy on my face, had this odd shine, and I avoided using it as much as I could. However, after consistent use for several weeks, my skin started to absorb it much faster rather than how the moisturizer used to just sit on my skin. My skin used to be really dehydrated and looked dry. After using this combined with the night recharger moisturizer, my skin has been much healthier. I have been breaking out far less and I've been consistently using this product for seven months.The females in my family are faithful believers of Shiseido and I strongly recommend this product. I have heard so many stories of how Shiseido makes wonderful products for people who are consistent with the use.