September 19, 2014 | 892 users online

Pressed Powders - Mally Beauty - Age Rebel Diamond Un-Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by ldavid

I was extremely disappointed with this product. It's a heavy powder that is more on the powdered foundation side. It can get really heavy and blotchy if not applied lightly with a good brush. It actually accentuated my fine lines and pores. I wanted to like this as I had good results with the Mally poreless skin finishing powder, but I just couldn't find a good way to use it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I doubt it. Don't waste your money. It's very expensive. If you want a good powder, try Korres multivitamin powder or Benefits Hello Flawless.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

Mally touts this on QVC as not really being a powder (but it is absolutely a powder) but something which blurs lines and enhances more mature skin without giving a powdery or dry appearance. It allows "natural light to bounce across the skin's surface while diffusing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles" according to the QVC listing.

Marketing hype aside, this is a basic pressed powder which is on the sheer side. I bought the Fair shade as my skin is NC10-15 and this powder doesn't oxidize on me like many other powders do. So the fact that it stays true to color is a big deal for me. Unfortunately applied over foundation it does turn my foundation blotchy and flaky (and I don't apply too much either.)

The compact is cheap silver plastic and doesn't have a quality feel to it especially for the price. I don't notice any blurring of imperfections at all, I just notice powdery skin! It did control my oil all day though (I have very dry cheeks and forehead, and very oily nose and chin) but I can't get over the flaky blotchy appearance that this gave my skin. I will try using this alone and not over foundation to see if this fixes the blotchiness but I won't be buying this again.

**UPDATED REVIEW** This made my makeup so blotchy that I had to take off all of my foundation at work and spend the day with a bare face. I applied as I would any powder, after foundation, but this clumped so badly that every time I touched my face it would smear and cause my foundation to ball up. This is not a good product.