April 19, 2014 | 1746 users online

Polishes - FingerPaints - Gel Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by sweetsparkless

I have tried many different gel polish brands. I love the FingerPaints! it is a good price especially when they go on sale. My polish lasted 3 weeks without chipping!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ikhd

My wonderful co-worker gave me a gift certificate for a gel manicure at the local salon for last year's Christmas present. My nails had been getting worse due to a thyroid condition, peeling, ridges, brittle... The gel manicure lasted over two weeks, I was amazed! However, the salon is expensive, so I purchased the Sensational gel kit at Wal-Mart.

Sensational is OK, but the Fingerpaints products are much, much better. The product is much easier to remove than Sensational (which is a pain to take off) and the top coat is a lot thicker and shinier. I also do my Mother's nails (she has a thyroid condition and the same problem nails I do) and she is thrilled with the 'Art you sure?' shade, which is a rich raspberry with a slight sparkle. I currently have on the 'Jacqu-Art' shade, which I am very happy with. It is a gray/taupe color that goes well with everything, Chameleon-like it takes on a gray tone when you wear gray, or brown when you have on brown. It is perfect for work.

I plan on purchasing only the Fingerpaints brand from now on, as the products are so much better, and no more expensive than the Sensational.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by tealkois

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So... I am a gel polish addict. I started getting gel manicures done at a salon, but after realizing how much money I was spending, I decided to get my own at-home kit. I ended up getting the Red Carpet Manicure kit at Ulta (I had a gift card from Christmas), but I absolutely hate all of their colors! I've browsed and re-browsed their selection a dozen times, and I've never found one I wanted to purchase. I only ever used the one that came in the kit once.

Soon after I made a trip to Sally's, and I noticed how pretty the color selection was in the Gelish brand, so I bought that system as well. However, the top and base coats were awful! Too soft and sticky, not consistent, peeled off in days, etc.

So I began using the Red Carpet base and top coats with Gelish polishes. I loved the Gelish colors, but I hated the application and consistency of their gel polishes (they will "wrinkle up" upon curing sometimes -- depends on the color). But it was the only option I had if I wanted a color I liked, so I just kept using one tried-and-true Gelish shade for every manicure... and I was getting pretty bored with only one color. Pretty discouraging.

But then... FingerPaints Gel Polishes came into my life! When I walked into Sally's and saw the brand new display, I immediately purchased the colors below (which by the way are FULL sized bottles, not those mini bottles the other brands come in):

'"Gesso You Know" = a loud hot pink/magenta creme color
"Paint Me Oh So Modern" = sort of a seafoam green creme color
"Jacqu-Art" = that currently trendy light brown / taupe creme color

I have not yet purchased the FingerPaints base coat or top coat, but all three colors applied beautifully with the Red Carpet Manicure base and top coat. Now THIS is what I was expecting when I started doing my own gel manicures! The gel color was just the right consistency, not too thin, not too thick, self-leveling, bright pigmentation, etc. I could have perfect application in only two coats, which never ever happened with the Red Carpet or Gelish colors. Oh and when used with the FingerPaints Soak-Off Gel Polish Chip-Free Bonder, these really and truly lasted a full 2 weeks with absolutely no chipping or peeling. I would literally get sick of the color before they looked like they were getting old or worn.

The only issue I have with these is that a lot of the colors are shimmery, which I personally don't like. But the creme colors are dreamy. I have yet to try any of the glitter colors, but I will in the future. As I said, I cannot attest the quality of the FingerPaints base and top coats, but I heartily recommend the gel polish colors that I've tried!