FingerPaints Gel Polish

4.8

on 7/12/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would really like a "Maybe" option for repurchasing. They're not my favorite, but if I see something fabulous on clearance BOGO, I'll bite.

I have three FP gels- Good Golly Miss Holly, a dark green just on the green side of teal green, with a ton of shimmer, Midnight Flash, a flakie topper with blue and green flash, and Lunar Flare, a flakie topper that has both the blue and the orange/gold flakies.

All were purchased on clearance.

I love the two flakie toppers, they had a pretty good amount of glitter and were fairly well behaved. I did have a few flakes/shards that needed to be smooshed before curing, but nothing on the level of a real shard where there are bits sticking up all over the place. I am still growing out damage from my first forays in gel removal, so they may have been lifted by a bit of nail.

Good Golly Miss Holly was much more problematic, but I think I didn't cure it long enough. I'm sure I heard dark colors may need more time somewhere along the way, but it hadn't really taken root when I tried it. It also didn't last well, but that could have been the less-than-great cure. And it stained when it came off. I don't know whether the problems were me or the polish, but I would recommend it for advanced gel users only. It was very nearly a one-coater though, which is pretty unheard of for me with gels- I usually need at least 3.

Now, packaging- I HATE the shrink wrapped handles! I can never tell if the lid is on tight enough, so I do take them off, which means I have to search by the bottom of the bottle. Not a big deal when you have 3, but that's going to get super old if I really develop a huge stash (which I'm trying not to do, but I can't say it's going very well).

I have tried many different gel polish brands. I love the FingerPaints! it is a good price especially when they go on sale. My polish lasted 3 weeks without chipping!

on 11/9/2013 10:57:00 AM

My wonderful co-worker gave me a gift certificate for a gel manicure at the local salon for last year's Christmas present. My nails had been getting worse due to a thyroid condition, peeling, ridges, brittle... The gel manicure lasted over two weeks, I was amazed! However, the salon is expensive, so I purchased the Sensational gel kit at Wal-Mart.

Sensational is OK, but the Fingerpaints products are much, much better. The product is much easier to remove than Sensational (which is a pain to take off) and the top coat is a lot thicker and shinier. I also do my Mother's nails (she has a thyroid condition and the same problem nails I do) and she is thrilled with the 'Art you sure?' shade, which is a rich raspberry with a slight sparkle. I currently have on the 'Jacqu-Art' shade, which I am very happy with. It is a gray/taupe color that goes well with everything, Chameleon-like it takes on a gray tone when you wear gray, or brown when you have on brown. It is perfect for work.

I plan on purchasing only the Fingerpaints brand from now on, as the products are so much better, and no more expensive than the Sensational.

on 8/30/2013 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

So... I am a gel polish addict. I started getting gel manicures done at a salon, but after realizing how much money I was spending, I decided to get my own at-home kit. I ended up getting the Red Carpet Manicure kit at Ulta (I had a gift card from Christmas), but I absolutely hate all of their colors! I've browsed and re-browsed their selection a dozen times, and I've never found one I wanted to purchase. I only ever used the one that came in the kit once.

Soon after I made a trip to Sally's, and I noticed how pretty the color selection was in the Gelish brand, so I bought that system as well. However, the top and base coats were awful! Too soft and sticky, not consistent, peeled off in days, etc.

So I began using the Red Carpet base and top coats with Gelish polishes. I loved the Gelish colors, but I hated the application and consistency of their gel polishes (they will "wrinkle up" upon curing sometimes -- depends on the color). But it was the only option I had if I wanted a color I liked, so I just kept using one tried-and-true Gelish shade for every manicure... and I was getting pretty bored with only one color. Pretty discouraging.

But then... FingerPaints Gel Polishes came into my life! When I walked into Sally's and saw the brand new display, I immediately purchased the colors below (which by the way are FULL sized bottles, not those mini bottles the other brands come in):

'"Gesso You Know" = a loud hot pink/magenta creme color
"Paint Me Oh So Modern" = sort of a seafoam green creme color
"Jacqu-Art" = that currently trendy light brown / taupe creme color

I have not yet purchased the FingerPaints base coat or top coat, but all three colors applied beautifully with the Red Carpet Manicure base and top coat. Now THIS is what I was expecting when I started doing my own gel manicures! The gel color was just the right consistency, not too thin, not too thick, self-leveling, bright pigmentation, etc. I could have perfect application in only two coats, which never ever happened with the Red Carpet or Gelish colors. Oh and when used with the FingerPaints Soak-Off Gel Polish Chip-Free Bonder, these really and truly lasted a full 2 weeks with absolutely no chipping or peeling. I would literally get sick of the color before they looked like they were getting old or worn.

The only issue I have with these is that a lot of the colors are shimmery, which I personally don't like. But the creme colors are dreamy. I have yet to try any of the glitter colors, but I will in the future. As I said, I cannot attest the quality of the FingerPaints base and top coats, but I heartily recommend the gel polish colors that I've tried!

Popular Polishes