April 18, 2014 | 1848 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - intense i-color bold nude for blues

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 6:00:00 PM More reviews by kfulghum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice eyeshadow. The color for blue eyes really does nicely enhance blue eyes. The texture of the eyeshadow is soft and silky, and you don't have to dig at the eyeshadow to get the color to come out onto the brush. The eyeshadow for blue eyes is neutral, but can be built up to be quite striking. It is not matte, but it is not sparkly either, maybe somewhere in between. I use it as an everyday eyeshadow. The container is nice, with the three eyeshadows being separated by plastic. It comes with one brush. I have several different sets of Almay eyeshadow, and would recommend this even above higher end eyeshadows. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

When I first saw the palettes by Almay for eye color enhancement I loved the concept yet the original palette for blues (medium brown, dark navy and lighter baby blue) didn't suit me. I prefer a more natural look for eyes and generally stick with brown palettes. When I saw the Bold Nude for Blues palette it looked more like my kind of colors so I gave it a whirl. I'm definitely happy that I did! I like the way the package is set up with the lid color the largest and the contour and highlight stacked on top. I find the whole set very flattering and makes the whites of my eyes look whiter and definitely brings out the blue in my eyes. The colors themselves are very beautiful nudes, the lid is a medium suede brown with a chocolatey brown as the contour and a champagne shade for the highlight. I think this palette would work well for brown or green eyes as well, it's perfect for a natural matte daytime look! If you're the type who likes makeup to look natural and just enhances your skin tone and eye color without adding a bold pop of color to your face give the Almay line a try, for a drugstore brand the products perform very well and are good for the more sensitive skin / eye types.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 7:29:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I noticed there haven't been many reviews on almay eyeshadow trios lately, which is a shame because they've reformulated their products, and I love this particular trio.

It comes with a warm hazelnut brown, a dark brown that looks cool toned but is warm toned when applied and a champagne gold color. Super pretty on my green/brown eyes, this particular trio is pigmented but some of the trios aren't as pigmented as others. This trio has decent staying power when applied with a base and is versatile (can be worn subtly or more of the dark shade used to make it smokey. They are unique shades so i would definitely repurchase.