Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethylhexanoin, Oryza Sativa (Rice/Riz) Bran Oil, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Alumina, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Aqua (Water/Eau)May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I agree it doesn't make an outstanding difference whether I use it,or not...so I am not using it!! There are better ones on the market, cheaper too...not the best

I got a sample of this with an Urban Decay purchase. I didn't notice much of a difference performance wise compared to the original UD Primer Potion - except that it makes my eyes water, which is a real pain in the neck after all my eye makeup is on. The irritation continues until I remove my makeup. After a few hours, my eyes look like I've been smoking something funny all night ( ...not that I would know anything about THAT.) I doubt this product has any real anti-aging benefits anyway, based on the ingredients.

I stopped using Primer Potion years ago when I found that my Dermablend Cream concealer works just as well, even better. I won't be buying this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good primer but I think the anti aging aspect is a misnomer. I don't think a primer has any real anti aging benefits and it certainly doesn't have the same coverage as the original Primer Potion, which I really like but think is overpriced now that there are other decent dupes on the market. I'm in my 50s and can certainly appreciate anti aging skin care ingredients but I don't think there are really any such beneficial ingredients in this product. I've gone back to the original Primer Potion because I need better coverage of the age related discoloration on my eyelids. It's very smooth and my shadow lasts all day without creasing and the color stays true and that's all that really matters to me. I got a sample of the anti aging version as well as all the other versions of the UD shadow primers and much prefer the original. I use an excellent eye cream and I have extremely sensitive skin and funky ingredients, even natural ones, tend to cause a reaction when used over time. So thanks, but no thanks. Not every makeup product needs to have skin care ingredients. Some of us prefer the old ways and I'm one of them. Leave the skin care to the dermatologists please. Leave the makeup to the makeup artists. I recommend the original Primer Potion. This anti aging version is just a marketing ploy for those of us who are supposedly past our prime (don't believe it for a second, lol!, we definitely know what's going on!).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've repurchased this product three times. It's wonderfully smoothing for my dry eyelids that are sometimes scaly due to psoriasis. I've tried eye shadow primers by Nars, Lorac, Benefit, and Too Faced and this one is my favorite by far!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a good eye primer that does improve the wear of powder eye shadows. However, I don't think it necessarily deserves to call itself "anti-aging," and I think the Original Primer Potion is ever-so-slightly better than this one.

PROS:

1. This does improve the longevity of powder eye shadows. They are less likely to crease or fade when wearing this primer vs. not wearing any primer at all.
2. This product has no fragrance and does not irritate my eyes or eyelids. It's good for sensitive skin.
3. Sephora offers a convenient mini size.
4. It doesn't alter the color of the powder shadows I put over it.
5. I happen to like the packaging; it's a wand applicator in a squeeze tube.

CONS:

1. Except for Ceramide 2 and Palmitoyl Oligopeptide in the ingredients, I don't see anything else in the list that sounds anti-aging. From the name, I sort of expected to see Vitamin C or E, or Hyaluronic Acid, or antioxidants, or Retinol...an anti-aging formula should stimulate collagen production in the skin. And when I looked up rapeseed oil, it did not look like something beneficial. There is no sunscreen in it either. The rest of the ingredients are similar to the other potion, so other than marketing, I don't know why they developed this one.

2. The texture is on the runny side; it's not bad but I'm used to NARS Smudge Proof Eye Base which has a thicker consistency.

3. I've had the Original Primer Potion from Urban Decay before and it works similarly if not better than this one as far as wear time, so in the future I will probably buy that one instead. While this works as a primer, and it's certainly better than nothing, it's not my favorite eye primer.

$13 for the 0.16 oz. mini size or $24 for the 0.38 oz. full size.

Feel free to compare the two recipes. They are similar.

Here are the ingredients in the ANTI-AGING Primer Potion:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethylhexanoin, Oryza Sativa (Rice/Riz) Bran Oil, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Alumina, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Water, [+/- (May Contain) : Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

Here are the ingredients in the ORIGINAL Urban Decay Primer Potion:

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trihydroxystearin, Polyethylene, Triethylhexanoin, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Water. [+/- (May Contain): Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)].

This performs well and makes my eyelids look good. I'm starting to have some slight crepiness, and this helps to minimize it. It also evens out any discoloration on the lids.

The primer helps shadows and liners stick well and last through a workday and more. It doesn't enhance the colour of shadows but it does help them stick and avoid creasing, which is why I use a shadow primer. I'm not too worried about making colours seem more vibrant.

The only problem I've had is that if I accidentally get this on my lashes, it makes my mascara very hard to remove. I guess that's testament to its ability to make makeup stick.

Keeps my eyeshadow in place all day.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually see very little difference between UDPP Original & Anti-Aging. Maybe a little more of an emollient factor giving it a bit more "slip" to it. If you have dry eyelids (& yes it's possible to have oily skin w dry eyelids esp if u have mature skin), then this is the better of the 2 formulas. It's more suitable for my needs but I got the travel sized formula I would not pay $4 more than the Original Formula but this was a special deal online. It's nice to know its anti aging, it can't hurt at my age. UDPP is the best eyeshadow primer I've tried, it really is the best I've tried & I only need 2 little pinhead drops to do each eye. Even when I don't wear eye makeup other than liner/mascara I wear this. It looks clear, matte on the lids. I've tried 4 different UDPPs & I liked them all.

I actually bought this accidentally when I wanted to get the UD original version. It works well as an eye primer which helps my shadows and eyeliner adhere to my eyelids longer. I don't have particularly oily lids but it does make a difference as it also helps my eyeliner application alot easier. Would probably get the original version once I finish this tube because I don't really need the anti-aging one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this as a beauty steal at Ulta earlier this year at half price. For how long this will last me, I would pay full price for this. It lasts forever! It glides on and smooths my lids and is nice to apply shadow over. This is $2-$4 more than the original just because it's anti-aging. I don't understand the anti-aging claims and have seen zero results that would make me think this is anti-aging. So, maybe I would just get the original for the cheaper price next time. But I like the packaging and how long this will last me.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products