Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethylhexanoin, Oryza Sativa (Rice/Riz) Bran Oil, Trihydroxystearin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Alumina, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Propylene Carbonate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Ceramide 2, PEG-10 Rapeseed Sterol, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Aqua (Water/Eau)May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride)

on 6/14/2015 1:18:00 AM

I love this stuff! It keeps my eyeliner in place all day, from early morning to late night. There is a huge difference when I apply my eyeliner onto my bare lids - its all smudged by the end of the day. I don't wear shadow often, but when I do it serves as a nice base and prevents my shadows from creasing.

I used to use the original UDPP, but this formula seems to work better on me. I'm in my early 20's so I'm not necessarily looking for anti-aging properties, but this version seems to hydrate better and really hold my makeup in place.

on 3/29/2015 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this two weeks ago and am very impressed. I bought to keep my waterproof eyeliner, and mascara from smearing on my eyelids. I have oily skin, and monolids so my eyeliner rubs off on my lids all the time. I had tried so many primers but this is the only one that keeps my liner and mascara in place, even after 12 hours. I have the small sample size, it goes on smooth and you don't need a lot. I will buy this again.

on 3/28/2015 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This primer is a little tricky to use. First, I prep my lids with an emollient eye cream (my current favorite eye cream is by Bliss), let it sink in, and only then do I apply the primer to each lid. You must use only a tiny amount of primer, apply it to your lids with your finger or a brush (Trish McEvoy's #66 brush is ideal for this task), and let it dry completely before you apply shadow. If you don't, your shadow will crease.

I don't really see any anti-aging properties associated with this primer, but that's what eye cream is for.

If you take a few moments to prep your lids properly, this will be your go-to primer.

on 3/25/2015 6:30:00 PM

I was really hoping to like this as my eye area care a little dry and I have some lines. It feels great going on... but it doesn't hold my liner on. Sometimes with a gel eyeliner (which won't move too much on me anyway) it holds up ok but I can use even my crappiest eye pencils with regular UDPP and it will keep it looking fresh all night. Every liner I have tried (other than a few gels) has smeared with this.. I don't think it works very well at all. UDPP is much better.

I really like this primer. i DO NOT think it does anything for anti-aging though. My shadow stays put with this primer better then any others i've tried. And i have very very oily lids! Like oily within an hour of doing my makeup!!

on 2/14/2015 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use the original UDPP, but after awhile it really started to dry out my eyelids (even though my eyelids are pretty oily) and my eyeshadow wouldn't go on as smoothly. I also found that it would still crease on me after a few hours, so i figured I was better off just not using an eyeshadow primer. I then stumbled upon this primer and have loved it ever since. It has such a creamy texture and goes on nice and smooth. My eyeshadow stays in place and rarely crease or fades. I don't think this intensifies my eyeshadow color, but that's not why I bought it. This is really is the perfect choice for anyone who needs a more hydrating eyeshadow primer, even if your lids are oily like mine.

I have oily lids so eyeshadow will disappear over the course of a day when applied without primer. Having had good results with UD's original formula in a sample size, I decided to try this full sized anti-aging version. It seemed to work well for as long as I was using exclusively UD eyeshadows (which are all very sparkly), but since I started using more matte shadows from other high end brands, it's not working well at all. It is difficult to blend shadows on top of this primer as it seems to apply unevenly and thickly, so causes patchiness. But the worst is the drying effect - it makes my skin look older and crepey. It looks so bad that I'd rather go without any primer at all until I find a better brand.
On the plus side, there is a lot of product in the tube so it lasts ages. It could be that the product has dried up over time and that this is causing the patchy application issues. However there is still plenty of product left in the tube, so overall it has been a waste of money as I had to bin the remainder and purchase another primer.

on 1/6/2015 4:25:00 PM

I only use a small amount of this and it has so far lasted me over a year ( I use it a few times a week). My eye shadow never budges and rarely creases- even cheap brand eye shadow. I went through a few weeks trying out a mac eye primer and it never worked even slightly as well.

on 1/6/2015 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the price, I think this is gimmicky and doesn't work nearly as well as the original. Granted, I think eye primers in general have come a long way and think UD Primer Potion is overpriced and outdated. Still this doesn't keep my eye shadows from creasing whatsoever and I think the "anti-aging" thing is gimmicky. Pass on this; if you want to get something cheaper try the Wet 'n Wild Fergie primer. If you must purchase high end, try the Lorac primer.

on 12/10/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I love the original UD primer potion. I bought this one because Ulta was out of the other. I don't get as good of coverage and wear with this one- I can't wear my eye shadows as long without creasing. I won't buy again, but will stuck to the original primer potion.
Oh, and have not noticed anything remotely anti-aging related, in fact since it doesn't work as well, I feel like it makes my eyes look older!

Top Rated Urban Decay Products