Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Aging

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I really like this primer. i DO NOT think it does anything for anti-aging though. My shadow stays put with this primer better then any others i've tried. And i have very very oily lids! Like oily within an hour of doing my makeup!!

on 2/14/2015 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to use the original UDPP, but after awhile it really started to dry out my eyelids (even though my eyelids are pretty oily) and my eyeshadow wouldn't go on as smoothly. I also found that it would still crease on me after a few hours, so i figured I was better off just not using an eyeshadow primer. I then stumbled upon this primer and have loved it ever since. It has such a creamy texture and goes on nice and smooth. My eyeshadow stays in place and rarely crease or fades. I don't think this intensifies my eyeshadow color, but that's not why I bought it. This is really is the perfect choice for anyone who needs a more hydrating eyeshadow primer, even if your lids are oily like mine.

I have oily lids so eyeshadow will disappear over the course of a day when applied without primer. Having had good results with UD's original formula in a sample size, I decided to try this full sized anti-aging version. It seemed to work well for as long as I was using exclusively UD eyeshadows (which are all very sparkly), but since I started using more matte shadows from other high end brands, it's not working well at all. It is difficult to blend shadows on top of this primer as it seems to apply unevenly and thickly, so causes patchiness. But the worst is the drying effect - it makes my skin look older and crepey. It looks so bad that I'd rather go without any primer at all until I find a better brand.
On the plus side, there is a lot of product in the tube so it lasts ages. It could be that the product has dried up over time and that this is causing the patchy application issues. However there is still plenty of product left in the tube, so overall it has been a waste of money as I had to bin the remainder and purchase another primer.

on 1/6/2015 4:25:00 PM

I only use a small amount of this and it has so far lasted me over a year ( I use it a few times a week). My eye shadow never budges and rarely creases- even cheap brand eye shadow. I went through a few weeks trying out a mac eye primer and it never worked even slightly as well.

on 1/6/2015 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the price, I think this is gimmicky and doesn't work nearly as well as the original. Granted, I think eye primers in general have come a long way and think UD Primer Potion is overpriced and outdated. Still this doesn't keep my eye shadows from creasing whatsoever and I think the "anti-aging" thing is gimmicky. Pass on this; if you want to get something cheaper try the Wet 'n Wild Fergie primer. If you must purchase high end, try the Lorac primer.

on 12/10/2014 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I love the original UD primer potion. I bought this one because Ulta was out of the other. I don't get as good of coverage and wear with this one- I can't wear my eye shadows as long without creasing. I won't buy again, but will stuck to the original primer potion.
Oh, and have not noticed anything remotely anti-aging related, in fact since it doesn't work as well, I feel like it makes my eyes look older!

on 12/5/2014 9:34:00 PM

My absolute fav go to eye primer.... A tiny tiny drop split on two fingers one for each eye goes a long way... What really won me over, I had a tiny little skin tag develop in my eyelid in the last two years, freaked me out and the Dr I worked for was actually going to remove it for me.....but my eyelid freaked me out. At this time I had been looking for a new eye primer and saw this one and thought why not try it. So after a months use during which I really liked the performance one day I looked and looked again...the skin tag was just gone! Now maybe it was a fluke but seriously I liked the product anyway and it saved me from having my eyelid cut on so two thumbs up

on 10/29/2014 3:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used all the Primer Potions from Urban Decay. I do love them all as I feel they truly make eyeshadows last longer, seemingly indefinitely. They look exactly the same as when I first apply them hours earlier. However, I subtracted a lippie because this particular one claims to have anti-aging properties, and while I feel it is creamier than the original, hence more moisturizing, I don't see the difference. This is nothing that can't be accomplished with an eye cream in your regular skin care routine. You can't really go wrong with any of the Primer Potions, but if you're considering this for the anti-aging part alone, I'd stick with the original!

on 10/8/2014 5:07:00 PM

Love this primer! It works well because my eyeshadow lasts all day with this!!

on 10/8/2014 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the primer that I use currently. It's just like the original, which is excellent, only it has anti-aging benefits. Why not get it in this version with the added benefits? It helps your eyeshadow go on a lot smoother and more vibrant in pigmentation. I recommend this to everybody.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products