December 23, 2014 | 1487 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Equate - Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes (Compare to Neutrogena)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jjkrh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this brand for a long time. The only time I stray is when I go on Vacation (I use Neutrogena then, they have smaller packages). Anyway, these work very well. I have no issues with these cleaning off all of my makeup. The only issue I have ever had is that sometimes the top of the package doesn't keep the "cleanser" and it floats to the bottom. I just turn the package over and let it soak in again. I don't notice a scent to the ones I use and I do not ever break out using them.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by KatieHawk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are great. The only other towelettes I have used are the neutrogena pink grapefruit ones. Out of the two I definitely prefer to equate brand. The pink grapefruit smell was way too overpowering. The equate towelettes do not irritate my acne prone skin. I've been using them for several months and have no complaints. They do remove most of my eye makeup (I do not wear waterproof), and the rest is easily removed with my cetaphil face wash. Each wipe from first one to last one are equally moist which is wonderful. Great buy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

These wipes are uber cheap and have excellent packaging. I love that every single wipe is always moist and these wipe do remove foundation and other makeup well while being moisturizing. I love the fresh clean face I have after I use these. BUT I feel that these are not so great at taking off mascara, and I find my self having to wipe 7-10 times to get my mascara off and my eyelids are super irritated and red from that wiping/scrubbing. Will not repurchase because I feel that a true makeup remover should take off the makeup without having to irritate the skin so much(my eye area). There's a better product out there but this is quite cheap so well done to equate

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by veronigga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried both the Neutrogena and the Equate ones, and I'd have to say they come out about the same.

These remove makeup efficiently and smell okay. There isn't anyting special about them. There's nothing wrong with them, either though. I do like that they give you plenty of product for the amount of money you spend.

COMPARISION: The Neutrogena one smells better; the Equate smells sort of strong and artificial. The Equate one, however, offers more product and is still cheaper.

In terms of packaging, the Equate one definitely wins. It has a snap-shut plastic cap that prevents the makeup wipes from drying out. The Neutrogena one only has the flimsy little seal that eventually loses its adhesiveness and becomes all flimsy and irritating.

Overall, the Neutrogena one is better (the brand name wins!) in my opinion, but if you want the best value, the Equate one will suffice as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by electroTABBY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I can't understand why anyone is wasting the money on the Neutrogena makeup wipes? These wipes are amazing, especially for their price. They are saturated, smooth, smell light and fresh, and leave my face feeling baby soft. This, and the Equate oil-free moisturizer are two staple HOLY grail items in my beauty routine and I could be spending 3x more on the name brand items but that would be ridiculous! I even bought the Neutrogena moisturizer once just to see the difference and there is literally no difference at all, not even in the amount of product you get. (I believe these Equate wipes have more product in them than the Neutrogena ones do). And they are way less expensive! I high;y recommend these. I love them, I have repurchased these wipes over and over for the past couple years.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by MayiraMia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like them so far, removed make-up well and leaves my skin soft and feeling clean.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont like these because the fragrance is way too strong. They remove my makeup well and leave my skin feeling okay but the scent irritates my nose so much that I have to throw them away. Bummer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't really want these wipes in the first place, so I have to use them up and then buy a gel one (which I prefer). These are fine, they remove makeup okay, and this smells pleasant, but I don't like makeup remover wipes in general. However, I would buy them again if I needed these.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by DebAnneM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was an avid and long term user of St Ives Makeup Remover and Facial Wash, and was disappointed and then terrified when they discontinued this product in my area. As the last tube came close to an end, I researched on MUA different eye makeup removers and finally tried Neutrogena's equivalent of this product and was satisfied. A frequent Wal-Mart shopper, have used various equate products, so I indulged on a sample. For the price and effectiveness, I give a 5. I have VERY sensitive skin, over 50, and wear contact lenses, and found no irritation, and ALL makeup gone. Will definitely repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Moodyone

These makeup removal towelettes work great to clean off my makeup at the end of the day. They don't have any alcohol or oil. They feel gentle to my skin but they do the job and remove my makeup as well. They do have a light scent but I don't mind it. A package runs $3.48 at my Wal Mart. The packaging is standard facial wipe packaging. I keep replacing these when they run out. They also come in Nighttime and Energizing scents but I haven't tried those yet.