September 19, 2014 | 1558 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Be Long Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2014 9:06:00 AM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this after reading the raves. My eyes are burning out of their sockets, thanks to this one - and I am a person who rarely reacts poorly to eye makeup - so I know it's not me :(

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by cookiegirltoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wore this on one eye and a Cover Girl mascara on the other. Each of the three people I asked thought the Cover Girl mascara looked better...and two of those three were Sephora employees! So this one is going back. It did a fine job, but I'm not going to spend $28 on a mascara that doesn't look as good as a drugstore brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 5:22:00 AM More reviews by regenton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow I'm surprised by the lack of reviews for this product.

I bought this one on a whim after searching for a new mascara and reading good reviews about this one. I have used so many in the past (drugstore brands as well as Lancome, YSL, Dior, Benefit, MAC, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Clinique...). I don't normally use Clarins products as I once found their skin care made me break out, so I was curious but dubious - but reading the rave reviews I had to try....

I have to say it just about lives up to the hype. It separates and lenghtens lashes. Adds a little bit of fullness - just a natural amount. While I don't think my lashes have necessarily grown any more than they already are, they do feel soft and moisturised so it certainly can't be hurting them. I don't have any lash fall-out and after it dries there's no smudging. Colour is super black and shiny. Wow!!

The only minor downside for me is I DID experience some lash clumping on application. I found I had to comb out my lashes a bit immediately after applying. And sometimes it clumps a little at the tips, giving me the "spider legs" looks. But when I apply it carefully and really wiggle the brush back and forth as I apply - it separates them a bit better. Just be careful on 2nd or 3rd application to avoid clumping.

It deinfiltey is like an "enhanced natural" look - not as super-wow and noticeable as, say, my old Diorshow mascara, but perfect for daytime or an evening out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There are several mysteries about this total sleeper of a mascara.

1) Why Clarins is not promoting the HECK out of it, considering it is not only one of the best products in their line but also one of the best mascaras on the market overall.

2) Why it is called "Be Long" when in fact it goes well beyond adding length -- this is a fabulous all-purpose mascara that lengthens but also builds volume and holds a curl, all in just a few swipes.

3) Why even intrepid MUAers have not yet discovered this mascara, in spite of Clarins' under-promotion of it (see #1), and made it a cult favorite on this website.

Seriously, all joking aside, I love this mascara. The brush is fantastic: small, maneuverable and really grips the lashes. The formula is fantastic: easy to use, not too wet or too dry. The benefits are instant: Lashes look longer, fuller and curled, and the product does not problematically flake or smudge on me at all.

I have short, straight eyelashes and I am obsessed with mascara. I buy at least 15 different ones a year just to play with the formulas and test out all the new bells and whistles. Out of all of the ones I've tried recently, this one is by far the most solid performer. I am already on my second tube and while I am sure I will keep playing the field in search of a new HG, as far as I am concerned this will be a staple in my makeup bag as long as they continue to make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by m33m4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Best mascara I've used to date. I don't know why this mascara has so few reviews. It's fantastic. As I am not blessed with lush lashes I've tried so many mascaras and this is better than any drugstore brand, chanel, Lancôme, dior, ysl etc (that I've tried anyway). I usually pass by Clarins for makeup but am so glad I tried this. It is incredibly lengthening and volume can be built up with extra coats (each of which will continue to make your lashes grow). Four or five coats of this take my lashes almost to falsie level and they are not long at all naturally. The tiny brush makes it easy to reach into those hard to coat inner areas and is great if you like to pile on product to your bottom lashes as well. It's a very rich black, which I love. I've had zero smudging, zero lash fall and zero buyers regret. I love the packaging as well, but I am a lover of all things gold. I can't comment on it's claims to nourish and grow lashes as I haven't used it long enough. Overall 5/5 or maybe 4.9 because it's a bit pricey (just like every other department store mascara).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2014 3:03:00 AM More reviews by aber19

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried over 20 different mascaras. Nothing comes close to this. This is now my holly grail product. I will buy this product forever. I hope they never discontinue this product.

This is the most amazing mascara I have used. You can sample this mascara at the Oggs Pharmacy in South Yarra, before you buy. That is what I did, before purchasing it for $38.00. I think the quality is definitely here. If not, ask if you can sample it in any of Clarins retail stores.

Firstly, the small brush is easy to navigate and attacks every single eyelash. You can have a natural look or a false eyelashes look. It depends on your application. It made my eyelashes look about 50- 80% longer and thicker. You would think I had placed false eyelashes on because my eyes looked amazing!

It glided on my lashes, no clumping or smudging. While, i only got the smallest dot of mascara under the eye area on the first application on both sets of eyes which was great. Additionally, I have hot flushes and most mascaras just run. After walking, I was sweating and there was no running mascara at any area of the eye.

This mascara sets quickly. About 2-3 mins later I put my fingers on my mascara filled eye lashes, and received no mascara. That is very impressive. Considering I have black circles around my eyes, this mascara made my eyes look like a model. Therefore my circles were less noticeable. It brought back my confidence to wear mascara at work. Therefore no more racoon eyes for me, thanks to this fantastic product. It is well worth sampling. I cannot say enough on how good this product really is. Considering the price may be expensive, but a fantastic mascara is well worth the investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by emblain

I am a very picky lady when it comes to mascaras. The texture, the consistency and the brush are all things I look at. As a previous Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme user I wasn't sure anything would be able to top it. Until I tried Clarins Be Long. The brush is so easy to use and move, also perfect for bottom lashes. My lashes also feel thicker and still seem to hold a nice curl even why I have taken off my make up. The mascara works nicely with the instant eye make up remover from clarins too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can only echo the praise of the previous reviewers for this mascara. I have "issues" with quite a few mascaras I've tried - both high end and drugstore - to the point where mascara just isn't part of my daily makeup routine. But over the past year, I've discovered (or, in one case, rediscovered) 3 that I really like and this one, from Clarins, is one of them. Like the Bobbi Brown mascara I like so much, Be Long gives a natural look - you don't end up looking like you're wearing tons of mascara - and it doesn't clump. It also doesn't smear onto my under-eye area by the end of the day. My lashes look longer and more noticeable but NATURAL, which is the look I prefer. This mascara has a plastic-y brush. Usually, I don't like this type of brush but this one is at a slight angle. I don't know if it's the bristles or the angle or a combo of both but, WOWIE and ZOWIE, does this ever make my eyes look wide open - it sort of "lifts" my lashes almost as if I'd curled them big time! The case is an elegant brushed "gold-tone" with that "groove" that Clarins has begun to incorporate into a lot of their newer product packaging. I've not been using this long enough to attest one way or the other on the claims this makes for giving you longer or thicker lashes over time but that's not why I bought it. It is pricey for a mascara but not any more pricey than some rather shoddy ones from Dior and Lancome. I will most likely repurchase. Not sure if I like this more than the Bobbi Brown one I've been using recently so it's a toss up as to which of the 2 I'll repurchase when it's time but I really like this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sstahlberg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, I have tried many, many, MANY mascaras. I am always buying new kinds and brands to try them out and I have a few favorites (Hypnose being my #1) before trying this one. Honestly, I didn't have any high hopes, because we all know we have been let down by mascaras many times. But let me tell you, this one does not disappoint. It lengthens and separates your lashes without any clumping. It does add volume, and it is a nice rich black color. Also, after using this product for several months now (about 3 months I'd say) I would even say that it has lengthened my lashes; nothing DRAMATIC, but I have noticed a visible difference. There is a lengthening serum in the product, but I didn't have any high hopes for that either, but honestly, it does work! So really, what can more can you ask for? It is a little pricey, but I am used to paying in that range for a good mascara, and before I used to wear Lancome Cils Booster regardless under all my mascaras, and I don't even bother anymore with this! THAT'S how good it is. Try it. You'll like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by nick18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have the sample size of this and I absolutley love it I have maybe a little longer then average lashes and this just makes them look amazing. This mascara gives a lot of lift and length to them. This also gives a good amount of thickening as well which is very important for me. No clumping no smudging and no flaking that I've seen and lasts a long time. Definitly buying the full size. The only downside is the price but its worth it.