Clarins Be Long Mascara

4.5

on 4/12/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

AMAZING Mascara!!! It gives me super long pretty, very black lashes. It's also easy to remove at the end of the night, and doesn't irritate my eyes, which I love. I used to love Hypnose Drama from Lancome, but found that it was very difficult to remove at the end of the night. Got a sample of the Clarins one at a spa one day, and saw the difference! So happy I found this one! My new favorite mascara!!!

on 3/9/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Another mascara that looks beautiful when just applied, really does make lashes longer but smudges easily. Thats why I can not give it more than a mediocore score. It did not burn my eyes just was very smudgy.

I've been in a search for a new mascara ever since I stopped liking my all time favorite telescopic by L'oreal. I've read tons of reviews and just wanted to invest in something really good. This mascara caught my eye because it had such amazing reviews so I decided to give it a try. I snatched it while it was 40% off so it was a no brainer weather to go for the full size or ask for a sample. First of all, the packaging is beautiful. It is squared and matte gold, absolutely stunning( I'm a sucker for pretty packagings). I have naturally pretty long lashes but they need extra volume and curl. I also hate when my mascara smudges as I like to apply a generous coat to my bottom lashes. This one does it all for me. My new holy grail i think! It gives me extra length, holds the curl perfectly and the wand is smaller which makes it easier to reach every single lash. I'm really impressed with it and I look forward to using this product for a long time.

on 12/28/2014 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the answer to my non-voluminous, straight and thin Asian lashes. I was so surprised that I found this mascara to be a catch, simply because I got it as a sample from Sephora and did not expect much... but after trying the sample for 3 days I already loved it. I agree the name "be long" is a bit confusing since the mascara does so much more than that - It does not only add length, but volume and lasts the entire day. Even after 12 hours, my lashes didn't even flake and the curl is still noticable!!! Volume is easily buildable by adding more coats and the great thing about this mascara is that it does not add clumps to your lashes but only length and volume as you add on more coats. I love the packaging since it does not roll around everywhere and the golden color and heaviness makes it feel expensive and luxurious. I have already bought two full-size ones after my free sample and I am so inn love! Will definitely stay with this mascara for quite a time, I believe I have found my holy grail mascara.

on 12/24/2014 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I usually do not go for comb / plastic type mascara applicators as I crave volume & require a LOT of it for my thin lashes...However, this mascara, although advertises itself as (obviously) a lengthen-er, provides volume as well as length surprisingly enough...& a pleasant surprise indeed! I would not have chosen it myself, but it came in the Shoppers Drug Mart sampler & I love it. It lifts & separates for an extremely clean yet long, voluminous look. I love the blacker then black formula for my already black lashes too. One coat is perfect for a day-time / office look, but if I coat twice & especially if I go in for a 3rd coat, I find I get tons of drama while still looking clean, defined & never clumpy. Lastly, I seldom use mascara on my lower lashes, but use this mascara now for when I do. Loving it :)

on 11/30/2014 8:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This mascara is beautifully presented in a square tube which doesn't roll all over the place on my bathroom bench. The brush is big with lots of bristles, but not too big so that it is difficult to get into corners. The mascara applies smoothly and with no lumpiness, and applies right to the tips of the lashes. It lengthens, volumises and holds a curl. It IS waterproof. It did not irritate my eyes and looked great.
Unfortunately (and I do mean this, because this product ticks so many boxes for me), it is not oil-proof, and I have oily lids. I think this is why tubing mascaras have performed the best for me in unsmudginess. This mascara is truly waterproof, but did smudge on me, particularly on warm days, travelling under my eyes to gently enhance my undereye circles. Nice.
I really wanted to like this mascara, particularly after the success with the Wonder Perfect product, but, alas! - it is not to be.

on 10/20/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This mascara. Is. AWESOME. I've been testing mascaras for over 15 years. I've tried mascaras on the low, low end (nyc) all the way to high end (guerlain). What I look for in my mascara is for it to not make my eyes itch, lengthen, thicken, not flake and most importantly, hold a curl and not smudge. I know, I know, impossibly high expectations. However, my lashes are super straight slightly downward pointing and stubborn as a mule. They need help in the lengthening and thickening department. I usually wear waterproof to hold a curl but lately all the wp mascaras had been smudging or flaking and making my eyes itch like crazy! And the clumping! It was getting ridiculous. This Clarins mascara doesnt smudge, flake, and has held the curl for almost 12 hours. I even cried a bit earlier today and my curl is still standing and no smudges! I love the packaging, it's sleek and has weight. It feels luxurious. The wand is a small football shaped plastic wand with a slight bend which helps for application. The brush combs through my lashes and really builds them up with no clumps. It's beautiful. Also, the mascara has no scent and doesn't make my eyes itch or sting. This mascara is a bit expensive but sooo worth it for me!

on 8/23/2014 9:06:00 AM

I purchased this after reading the raves. My eyes are burning out of their sockets, thanks to this one - and I am a person who rarely reacts poorly to eye makeup - so I know it's not me :(

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wore this on one eye and a Cover Girl mascara on the other. Each of the three people I asked thought the Cover Girl mascara looked better...and two of those three were Sephora employees! So this one is going back. It did a fine job, but I'm not going to spend $28 on a mascara that doesn't look as good as a drugstore brand.

on 8/14/2014 5:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wow I'm surprised by the lack of reviews for this product.

I bought this one on a whim after searching for a new mascara and reading good reviews about this one. I have used so many in the past (drugstore brands as well as Lancome, YSL, Dior, Benefit, MAC, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Clinique...). I don't normally use Clarins products as I once found their skin care made me break out, so I was curious but dubious - but reading the rave reviews I had to try....

I have to say it just about lives up to the hype. It separates and lenghtens lashes. Adds a little bit of fullness - just a natural amount. While I don't think my lashes have necessarily grown any more than they already are, they do feel soft and moisturised so it certainly can't be hurting them. I don't have any lash fall-out and after it dries there's no smudging. Colour is super black and shiny. Wow!!

The only minor downside for me is I DID experience some lash clumping on application. I found I had to comb out my lashes a bit immediately after applying. And sometimes it clumps a little at the tips, giving me the "spider legs" looks. But when I apply it carefully and really wiggle the brush back and forth as I apply - it separates them a bit better. Just be careful on 2nd or 3rd application to avoid clumping.

It deinfiltey is like an "enhanced natural" look - not as super-wow and noticeable as, say, my old Diorshow mascara, but perfect for daytime or an evening out.

Top Rated Clarins Products