January 30, 2015 | 1133 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:46:00 PM More reviews by clfulford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Update: I tested this against 2 regular full face primers (rimmel fix and perfect/ rimmel stay matte) and rimmels full face primers were actually better with my pore problem areas. Less greasy and more effective! So I suppose this is not really a necessary purchase....it works ok, but you may as well pay less for a regular primer and get more product as well. Note that I have medium sized pores at worst on/around my nose....and only 1 actual large pore....so maybe those with large pores do need a pore-specific primer, and if that's the case I doubt this product will be the answer you're looking for (go high end! Or try the NYX pore filler (10$ or so)
I've also heard the maybelline age rewind primer covers pores well! Worth a shot to try drugstore products before going HE, in case you find an inexpensive drugstore gem, which I'm constantly on the hunt for (HE doesn't necessarily mean it's a great product, it's hit and miss with these as well!)

Original review:

I have dry combination skin (oily t-zone, dry everywhere else) and a large pore/blackhead problem on my nose and some on my chin. I bought this specifically for my nose/area which gets a little oily.

The price is fine, I paid 11$ CAD or so, but I think it's $15 now (way too high!). I would expect it to be no more than 9.99$

Packaging is fine. The hole where the product gets squeezed out is a little large for a product that you only need a small dab of, but I'm not crying over it.

Performance : this is mediocre stuff , true. It's a little too greasy for oily skin, and it blurs my pores maybe 25% without foundation and 50% with foundation. It's better than nothing that's for sure. Yes, HE products work better (benefit's porefessional, clinique pore perfector) but this product is just a fraction of the price of HE versions, so I'm not that disappointed with it. It will get used that's for sure.

Plus! If I top it off with rimmels stay matte powder, which also blurs pores, the results are great ! And it takes care of the silicon greasy feeling, but once this product dries on your skin the greasiness goes away anyways ( but if you're oily it will certainly get greasy again, so powder up! )

I am going to test my full-face primers (rimmel fix&perfect and rimmel stay matte primer) to see how they hold up to this product, can they fill in my pores just as well as this? If so, this may be a decent product but not necessary....I will update this review with my results!

Tip: dab this product on after spreading it over your problem areas to fill in pores ( the size of this bottle is a good indicator that this is not an all-over-your-face kind of primer) and the same goes for the rimmel matte powder if you use it as well, dab it with your powder brush or puff onto your pores, don't swipe! Much better results and longer lasting!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2015 6:52:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin so I used this as a primer, I did not notice that it minimized pores but it did made my make-up slide around my face. Also my tube had tiny pieces of black pigment coming out? weird! Overall would not recommend, to expensive, to greasy and does not really work.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2015 4:40:00 PM More reviews by cclarke95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is really cute so you get such high hopes this is going to work when it doesn't. It makes the skin smooth and baby like (TICK)...but it doesn't do anything for pores! Not many pros to it..for £8 I wouldn't bother paying for it again. Save your money and go for something more professional, like Benefit's "Porefessional".

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2015 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Caitlynnnann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this in hopes that I would minimize the look of my extremely big pores. The product comes in a squeeze tube, with cute packaging. The product went on easily, and glided over my skin smoothly. While it did make my skin look/feel smooth, it did nothing for my pores. Also, this made me breakout- the product isn't greasy, but any product containing silicone/dimethicone makes me breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2015 12:03:00 AM More reviews by makeup4ever15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually really like! I have pretty dry skin in the winter, and this silicon base helps my makeup glide on the skin and blend beautifully. It also helps reduce the appearance of my pores, but they're not very big. I like the way it makes my skin feel really soft and the way makeup applies on top. There is a lot of better stuff out there, but this is good for the price!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2015 4:20:00 PM More reviews by GeorginaDawson

its does stop my skin looking cakey and dry as it is as silicone base. it does fill in pores and give the effect of smoother looking skin. However it is not a pore eraser as it has no coverage and does not hide anything. on oily skin this product does slip off your face by the end of the day. overall it is a good primer to prep your skin for a foundation or a BB cream

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lalalovee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

No bueno and not a dupe for the porefessional

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2014 6:33:00 AM More reviews by MissFraser96

It did make my skin lovely and soft, and it did fill in my pores, but it didnt sit on my skin long, even when I wore it alone, and when I put it under my makeup, my makeup was sliding off in only a few hours. Not impressed for the expense of this product and all the hype about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Scarlette321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not greasy. I have combination skin and I tend to get skin discoloration on my cheeks in the winter.with or without makeup, this product makes my skin super smooth and even. When I apply my foundation it goes on smooth and flawless. My makeup didn't diminish its flawless look all day.i also apply this after washing my face at night instead of lotion.doesnt feel heavy and my skin feel so good

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Nicolleheartsmakeup14

I really like how it looks on me but product wise, It's really oily on my face. The packaging looks really great though.