Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

3.0

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

on 4/21/2015 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Very very cute packaging and a good price for a pore minimizing primer.

That being said, it's not worth it. This primer does absolutely nothing. It makes the face slippery and doesn't blur pores at all. I would stick to Smashbox.

on 4/20/2015 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I used this primer for a few weeks. It patted it into my pores before applying foundation. I really couldn't tell that it made any difference in how my skin looked or how long my foundation lasted.

It just made my skin feel slippery before applying foundation...that's about all that I noticed. It's one extra step and extra product to apply without benefits. I tossed it in the bin after having it a few months.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Horrible horrible horrible. I can't imagine how anyone actually likes this product. This product feels extremely heavy and oily. It breaks me out almost instantly. It is nothing like higher end similar primers. I'd rather stick monistat anti-chaffing gel on my face and I don't even approve of that. It doesnt do anything to add to the longevity of my foundation. Actually it has the opposite affect. My foundation slides right off with this under it. No, just.....no. Save your money and buy a quality primer or try monistat first if high end isnt in your budget.

on 4/16/2015 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Don't even bother with this product. It's a total waste. I tried putting this on and yes, make up will be easier to apply, but it's very oily. If i were to choose between this and olive oil as a primer, I'd choose the olive oil.

on 4/12/2015 1:00:00 PM

I was horrified by how slimey and oily this stuff felt! I purchased it as I'd read it was an inexpensive dupe for Benefit's the Porefessional. Well, I used it one time and it kinda grossed me out to be putting something so oily on my face. I wound up purchasing a travel size Porefessional for $10 at Ulta, and am pleased with it so far. This stuff though - - don't bother.

on 4/10/2015 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this product but I do not use it alone. I mix it with benefit pore-fessional. Together, these products work so well. Plus, you use less of both products.

I like this product because it does have that "Vaseline" feeling. I would not describe it as greasy or oily feeling. This silicon feeling allows makeup to glide on more smoothly. I don't really notice a difference on my pores or if there is a difference, it may be slight. I like the benefit pore-fessional because it does reduce pores more so than any other pore-minimizer that I have used. But I find it a little drying. Therefore, if you combine the 2 primers, it works well because it balances each other out. I find them together to reduce pores, allows makeup to be applied seamlessly and hydrates the skin. That is my biggest issue. If my skin is not properly hydrated, any wrinkles esp under the eyes is more pronounced and concealer will be more noticeable because it settles in the fine lines.

I would definitely buy this product again but I would not use alone.

Maybelline whyy. What is this.

As with most primers and "blurring" products, I expected this to have a lot of cyclopentasiloxane/silicone oil. So I was expecting a certain level of greasiness. But not this.... this is like thin vaseline jelly. Is this loaded with mineral oil? Is there lanolin in this? It didn't break me out, but it did make my skin red. But that wasn't a surprise, my skin and silicone oil are not friends. I would think that for most people, acne would be a concern.

This basically leaves a dull, greasy, film on your face. It only gets greasier throughout the day. It's useless as a primer, as it seems to repel foundation, both liquid and powder. It also almost makes foundation look impasto... It's gross on its own, because it's so dulling. It doesn't seem to help my pores. It doesn't prevent shine. It isn't oil-controlling. It doesn't apply smoothly. I'm so sorry that I have absolutely nothing nice to say about this stuff. I've made it work on a few occasions, by using a very tiny amount, but it still seems to slide right off my skin.

Very sadly, this is not a go.

on 4/7/2015 2:00:00 PM

This product was okay. I do have combination dry/oily skin. However,using this product made may face a walking grease! I live in a tropical country & hell just a few hours of wearing this to my face with all my makeup made me so shiny especially in my tzone area. I tried to find a way for this product to somehow suit me but dang,i just cant. As overall,price is really budget friendly but as for my skintype it didnt do well,also considering the humidity in my country it didnt survive

Don't even bother with this product, it'll make you look oily! Putting it on your face already makes you feel oily. Total complete disappointment and had to go back to the store.

on 3/31/2015 7:56:00 PM

I was so excited to see whether this could be a more affordable dupe for Benefit's Porefessional, but it didn't do much for me.

The look, feel, and smell of the product is actually nice--it's a clear, silicone-y gel that smells a bit like baby powder, and when you apply it, gives an instant powdery finish to your skin that, I guess, is suppose to make your face feel smooth and matte. Honestly, I was a bit addicted to applying it, just to get that initial smooth feel.

However, that's where the good effects ended. This product made applying my foundation on top very difficult and simply gross-looking. I think the silicone made it too slippery for my foundation to stay, and so both the foundation and Baby Skin pore eraser ended up clumping together and rubbing off, so I ended up with no pore minimizer and no coverage. When I tried putting it on top of my foundation, it just made my skin look very shiny and oily.

It's too bad, since I heard such great reviews about this, but I think I'll stick to my Benefit one.