Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

2.9

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

on 8/26/2015 6:26:00 AM

Yes, it only gets a 1 for me, as I need to at least get something out of a product for it to possible for me to rate it higher than a 2. This just... I have no idea what it does. It sat on my face. It was beneath liquid foundation, another time mineral foundation. It did absolutely nothing: neither did it get me oily nor did it keeps everything in place. It was just a random weird "lotion" that didn't ever blur out any pores.

on 8/25/2015 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Like everyone else who went through a period where I was obsessed with Maybelline's Baby Lips (still love it, btw!), I got suckered into buying this. The packaging is cute, the marketing is cute, it just screams CUTE. But honestly? For me personally, the packaging is the ONLY good thing about this product. If you have dry skin, this product might be great for you, but for oily skin? No. Don't try it. It DOES do what it says it does, which is why I'm giving it a 2 instead of 1. It creates a smooth surface, blurs pores relatively well, and makes makeup application considerably smoother. However, if your face is oily, this product will very, very quickly create an oil slick on your face. My nose tends to get oilier than any other surface, and oh my gosh, when I tried this product for the first time and put it on my nose? Oil city. It was oily that was impossible to control for the rest of the day. So, learning from that bad experience, I never put this on my t-zone. I will use it for a primer on some of the places that don't get quite as oily, but I prefer to use my Rimmel Stay Matte primer than this any day of the week. Also, even though this product does do a decent job at hiding pores, it doesn't have very impressive staying power, but that could definitely be because of my skin type and the fact that I'm oily as opposed to dry. Honestly? I wouldn't call this a BAD product because like I said, it DOES do what it says, but the negatives far outweigh the positives for me.

on 8/23/2015 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Eh, I don't really see how this primer was any better than others on the market. It's basically dimethicone with clever marketing. It will fill in your wrinkles and pores to a certain degree, priming your skin for a smooth make up application. For those of you out there struggling with dry skin - this will help camouflage those patches.

Just don't expect miracles. Most foundations already have silicone in their ingredient list, so I don't usually bother with primer. The only time I see this primer being beneficial, is if you use a water-based foundation that lacks silicones. And for that reason alone, i will award Babyskin 2 lippies instead of 1.

As for helping my make up stay fresher, longer? Not a chance in hell. I have never understood this claim, despite so many reviews supporting it. Dimethicone itself is a pretty emollient ingredient, hence why it's used in so many moisturizers. A dewey finish leads to foundation transferring and eye shadows creasing. (Again, this primer is more suited for dry skin.)

The only drugstore primer I find makes a difference for my pizza face is the Rimmel Stay Matte primer. However since I use the Rimmel Stay Matte liquid mousse, I find adding a primer to be overkill (Rimmel SMLM is full of silicone..).

on 8/18/2015 5:43:00 PM

This primer is really smooth on skin , doesn't make it too shiny it mattifies your face a bit. For money your getting good value and it lasts a long time as a little goes a long way! I think its a must buy especially if you use foundation everyday.

on 8/13/2015 12:49:00 PM

Just your average primer. It does make skin appear smoother and kinda disguises big pores but it's not a miracle worker. The thing that really annoys me about this primer is that it doesn't disguise my dry patches which means they show after applying foundation. I was expecting this primer to make my skin look shinier than usual as so many reviewers point that out but I really didn't notice anything like that - and my skin is definitely on the shiny side. Cute packaging. Will not repurchase as I need something that smoothens over my dry patches.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This product is great for the price.. I read other review and most say its greasy/slimmy but it's really not if you think about what it says on the packaging it says "pore eraser" which is a silicon based product. That's why it feels the way it does because it sits on top of the skin and smoothens the appearance of pores. I recommend to use this product with other products not on its own because its not necessarily a face primer.

on 8/4/2015 8:05:00 AM

It's a good primer it helps keep your foundation in place a little bit longer but it doesn't cover up your pores as well but it's a good product overall especially for the price

on 8/4/2015 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Even though i have oily skin, i love this product. When i apply it i have to massage it in or press it in with a sponge to remove that extra greasy feeling. Not sure really if it makes me oily because i do use it with a matte primer and moisturizer. But i love how smooth it makes my skin look!However it doesnt last long.

on 8/3/2015 8:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've read in many of the other reviews for this product that it is very oily and greasy feeling, and this is the reason that my sister gave it to me, because she felt that it was too greasy and slimey feeling on her already oily skin. However, my skin is quite dry in places so really this is not a problem for me. It sometimes does feel a little slimey around my nose where the skin is more oily, and I sometimes find myself having to dab my skin with a tissue (DIY blotting paper, haha) but then again, i do work in a restaurant all day where the climate is very hot and sweaty. I went from using Benefit's Porefessional to using this Maybelline pore eraser and really there is no comparison, however for the cheap price, it is ok. I am neither impressed nor unimpressed by this product, it will do at the moment but when I run out of it I will probably go back to using Benefit's Porefessional. I hope my review is helpful :)

on 8/3/2015 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product sucks. The packaging was cute I heard a lot of friends liking this but nope not for me it didn't do a thing for me . It was terrible made me feel greasy as soon as I applied it. It has this scent which I can not stand I can't describe it but it literally makes me wanna barf and it does not do anything for my pores what so ever.

Popular Primer/ Correctors