Pixi Glow Tonic

3.9

Ingredients: Deionized water, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Horse Chestnut Extracts, Propylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid and Ammonium Glycolate, Hexylene Glycol, Glucose, Fructose, Sucrose, Urea Dextrin, Alanine, Glutamic Acid, Hexylnicotinate, Ginseng Extract, Potassium Alum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Biotin, pixi Natural Fragrant Oil. Active ingredients: Glycolic Acid-5%, partially neutralized by Ammonium Hydroxide.

on 7/13/2015 1:13:00 PM

After using this in exactly the way explained to me by the sales assistant in store (the official Pixi store in London no less), I can genuinely say this is another 'cult' product that I just don't get. It's done nothing for my skin whatsoever, other than make it break out worse than it has in a long time, as well as making it feel very dry and hot after use. I was led to believe this would do all manner of wonderful things for my skin, including helping to clear old acne scars, but that's definitely not been my experience. I have a particuarly dark scar on my chin but since using this, I hate to say, it seems to have actually gotten darker.

Apart from its inability to do anything good for my skin, the other issue for me (and the final nail in its coffin) is the scent. It smells awful! Like a musty old sock drawer that someone's been storing mothballs in. I don't want products I put on my face to smell too strong, but this is truly overpowering. I doubt I'll finish the bottle I have and I know I won't buy another one either. In my opinion a total con of a product which is pricey too at £18.00.

on 5/13/2015 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought this on a whim and based on the positive reviews. I don't currently include a toner in my daily routine and wanted to give this a try. After 2 weeks of using morning & night,I'm sad to report slight if any improvements in my skin tone/texture nor any indirect effects on the application/wear of my makeup.

On a positive note, it is gentle and soothing and smells nice. I bought two of these bad boys so I will continue to use. I hope to provide an update with better news.

---UPDATE---
After a couple months of use, this did not do anything for my skin. I will continue to use it up but will not repurchase.

on 3/23/2015 11:51:00 AM

This stuff changed my skin.

Caroline Hirons got me onto this and the Clarins one and now acid toning is my MUST step in my skincare routine.

I've suffered from breakouts and acne/scarring for so long and used to many products thinking they'll work a miracle and this is my ultimate hero product. I'm telling you chemichal exfoliants, gentle ones anyway, are the way forward. I'm open to trying harsher ones like alpha h but maybe when im 25 as opposed to now.

This kills the bacteria on my skin, i rehydrate with a green tea teabag afterwards then go in with my oils and moisturiziers and my skincare now works so much more effectively. My skintone is more even, the texture is flatter and smoother my underyeye and lip area are soft. Its done wonders. I use this for 2 nights then Clarins and thats my toning routine. I'm so glad i tried this it was definitely worth the money im nearly a year on and still have a quarter of a bottle left.

on 3/11/2015 1:44:00 PM

Came across 'acid toning' via Caroline Hirons blog. This is my first time using a acid toner. This product delivers excellent results. I saw a difference within a week! Really great price too. I use AM and PM every day and it causes me no irritation.

on 2/5/2015 3:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for two solid months, morning and night, after I ran out of the P50. In that time my skin hasn't been great, I've had an oilier t-zone and my acne is back. I've been blaming everything from the weather to the water, but after I finally stopped using this 3 days ago my inflammed skin is healing and I've had no further breakouts. I have been using liquid gold (2 to 3 times a week) for at least 18 months so I know I can tolerate gylcolic acid and although I wasnt a big fan of the P50 that didn't break me out either. I want to love it but its just not for me.
On a positive note it's got a nice smell and consistency, and doesn't tingle or sting.

on 12/5/2014 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. Smells awesome and feels amazing on my skin. It works perfect for my sensitive skin, helping reduce redness and exfoliating gently without drying my skin out. Found a new staple for my skincare routine!

on 12/5/2014 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

so thankful that some of you posted your reviews about this product not working for you! i had heard all good things, so i thought it was just in my head that it wasn't working for me!!

I was so excited to get my hands on this. i loved the smell and how it felt on my skin, and I was just so excited because of all the great things I heard about it. But after a few days, I started noticing my acne breakouts getting much worse. i gave myself a break from it for a few weeks, and then tried it out a second time - again, my face started breaking out within days!

sadly, i guess this tonic doesn't work for everyone afterall ha :( i have been saving the bottle in my cabinet just in case, but I think i will finally just give up on using this!!!

on 7/9/2014 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

****************
EDIT 5/20/15:
I got two bottles of Glow Tonic on a whim for my mom and sister-in-law for the past Christmas (they were BOGO), hoping they would have great results like so many people claim, and they both hated it. My mom has pretty normal skin, slightly sensitive, and it did zero for her. She said she used it for a few weeks and eventually decided to pass it to a curious friend (who also didn't like it). My sister-in-law has sensitive skin that's a little oily and prone to acne and it made her skin go crazy. She broke out a lot and ended up having to stop after only about a week. So, that's 3 more people who didn't like it... Seriously, what type of skin do those of you that have such great luck with it have?!?
****************

I was so excited when I heard about this coming to the states. I'd been reading rave reviews about it from UK bloggers for a while and was even considering trying to bribe a friend in the UK to buy it for me. As you can imagine, I'd built up very high expectations. I ordered a single bottle (I seriously had a whole internal argument with myself about stockpiling several, as I was tempted) as soon as Pixi sent the email out about it being available and made it a part of my morning and night routine as soon as I received it. After several weeks, I decided I was just going to have to accept being one of the apparent few who wasn't going to fall in love with it, as it did virtually nothing for me but increase the frequency of my acne. I didn't notice any improvements in my skin; it wasn't brighter, it wasn't softer, it wasn't clearer. Though this does smell pretty and I love using toner, I don't think I'll be finishing the bottle I bought, much less buying more.
Sad story. :(

on 6/25/2014 11:41:00 AM

I bought this following a recommendation form the Caroline Hirons site. I don't follow all the recommendations blindly preferring to do my own research but as this was £16 I thought it was worth a try.

When I went to the pixi store they had a special offer - throwing in a crème that was normally £20 for only £3! so I was happy to give it a go.

This is supposed to be a gentle daily exfoliant using Glycolic acid. It does smell Ok and feels nice on the skin with no obvious burn.

I think it made my skin feel slightly smoother but beyond that not much. Certainly hasn't increased brightness significantly. But having said that it is a very well priced product.

Not sure if I would buy again as I like a more obvious "effect".

Maybe if you are too sensitive for most regular manual or liquid exfoliators give this one a go.

on 4/23/2014 11:36:00 AM

Finally got my hands on this when it was back in stock. This is the best skin care product i have tried. It makes my skin smooth as a babies bottom and my foundation looks so much more even! Should have stocked up and bought 10 bottles!