December 20, 2014 | 1576 users online

Toners - Pixi - Glow Tonic

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by anna90230

I LOVE this product. Smells awesome and feels amazing on my skin. It works perfect for my sensitive skin, helping reduce redness and exfoliating gently without drying my skin out. Found a new staple for my skincare routine!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by kalea88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

so thankful that some of you posted your reviews about this product not working for you! i had heard all good things, so i thought it was just in my head that it wasn't working for me!!

I was so excited to get my hands on this. i loved the smell and how it felt on my skin, and I was just so excited because of all the great things I heard about it. But after a few days, I started noticing my acne breakouts getting much worse. i gave myself a break from it for a few weeks, and then tried it out a second time - again, my face started breaking out within days!

sadly, i guess this tonic doesn't work for everyone afterall ha :( i have been saving the bottle in my cabinet just in case, but I think i will finally just give up on using this!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by MUrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a few weeks now and I'm 1/4 liking it. It is apparently a gentle 5% formulation but I find it quite strong. I usually tolerate glycolic acid products just fine. For the first week I used it once every day (and the bottle says to use it twice a day!) and my face went kind of grey, dry and more spotty. It was clearly too much. Then I cut down to every other/third day and it has been a bit better. I'm not glowing like I do with lactic acid and other products but my skin is a bit smoother which is why I'm continuing. I'm going to give it another couple of weeks and then update. It's quite concentrated I feel, about 5 drops on a cotton pad is enough for the face but I think I would prefer a weaker product that I could apply a bit more carelessly (again, if I over-apply with a soaked pad, my face gets crispy and dull). I might try to dilute a bit with distilled water and see if that makes it easier to use. The price was put up from £16 to £18 recently, I wonder if it was reformulated along the way too? The bottle is lovely in design, simple, strong and secure for travel. The pinky liquid is pretty but the smell I find a little rank, it's sweet and rank at the same time and I can smell it on my face for an hour or so after, but that's not so bad I guess. Hmm and 3/5 is all I can say for now.

EDIT: I have now given up on this, it makes my skin worse for sure (I am in agreement with the previous reviewer), getting more painful big spots and looking very dull overall. I think it may be the witch hazel (witch hazel is often alcohol based) or the natural fragrant oil. Either way, a big no from me, I really tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by hearteater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited when I heard about this coming to the states. I'd been reading rave reviews about it from UK bloggers for a while and was even considering trying to bribe a friend in the UK to buy it for me. As you can imagine, I'd built up very high expectations. I ordered a single bottle (I seriously had a whole internal argument with myself about stockpiling several, as I was tempted) as soon as Pixi sent the email out about it being available and made it a part of my morning and night routine as soon as I received it. After several weeks, I decided I was just going to have to accept being one of the apparent few who wasn't going to fall in love with it, as it did virtually nothing for me but increase the frequency of my acne. I didn't notice any improvements in my skin; it wasn't brighter, it wasn't softer, it wasn't clearer. Though this does smell pretty and I love using toner, I don't think I'll be finishing the bottle I bought, much less buying more.
Sad story. :(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by zahzah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this following a recommendation form the Caroline Hirons site. I don't follow all the recommendations blindly preferring to do my own research but as this was £16 I thought it was worth a try.

When I went to the pixi store they had a special offer - throwing in a crème that was normally £20 for only £3! so I was happy to give it a go.

This is supposed to be a gentle daily exfoliant using Glycolic acid. It does smell Ok and feels nice on the skin with no obvious burn.

I think it made my skin feel slightly smoother but beyond that not much. Certainly hasn't increased brightness significantly. But having said that it is a very well priced product.

Not sure if I would buy again as I like a more obvious "effect".

Maybe if you are too sensitive for most regular manual or liquid exfoliators give this one a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Denis_Lopez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Finally got my hands on this when it was back in stock. This is the best skin care product i have tried. It makes my skin smooth as a babies bottom and my foundation looks so much more even! Should have stocked up and bought 10 bottles!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't have anything negative to say about Glow tonic. I've been using this 1x a day for about 3 weeks. It's a nice, gentle glycolic acid toner. You have to order it direct from Pixi (USA). The bottle/color scheme is very pretty, smells nice and is a soothing, exfoliating toner. Doesn't dry out my skin and my face feels soft after use. Not a miracle product, but as others have pointed out, definitely comparable to far more expensive products. I'm a fan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had signed up for Pixi's newsletter and maybe 2 weeks later received the offer to buy the Glow Tonic at a reduced price, as part of the initiative for selling here in the States. I had to try it, especially since I kept reading reviews that it was comparable to Biologique Recherche P50 toner.

Pros: smells pretty, but not over powering; didn't breakout my sensitive Eur-Asian skin; gentle chemical exfoliating action with the AHA's, so any dry patches were easily whisked away; and lightly moisturized my skin.

Cons: I used the entire bottle, using once a day every night, sometimes in the morning as well (lasted me about 3 months), but didn't really see a difference in my skin. I was sure to use SPF in the morning but the little dark spots left behind from past blemishes refused to budge, or even lighten. I didn't really see how it could compare with BR P50 toner as BR P50 is much stronger.

Overall I think if you are looking for a gentle chemical toner, that is used as part of a maintenance skincare regime, then I think this is a nice addition, but if you have any coloration correction or something a bit more stubborn that you want it to take care of, I would look else where… or use it longer than 3 months with daily use. continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have given this product a full weeks worth of use to be able to give my first impressions and so far so good.. originally I tried it before mine arrived, my sister had some and mine was on order, and I ended up with a rash on my upper cheeks, which I thought was this.

However, when mine arrived I gave it a go and happy to report NO RASH! yay!

I invest a lot of time and effort into my skin as its quite oily, but gets dehydrated, and at my age I am also starting to become aware of the, dare I say it, wrinkles.... ugh....

My skin is generally fairly clear due to my ridiculously strict skincare regimen and although I avoid most acne I do get little small white bumps on my cheeks and jawline, which I can only assume are small closed comedones. I have been using Paula's Choice Glycolic acid and this has helped a lot but not rid me of this completely... can't use a BHA as I guess I am allergic as I just break out in a rash/small spots everywhere!

This Pixi tonic has made my face feel even smoother than before, which I didn't think would be possible given the AHAs I have already used, and although this has AHA in it, its not as strong as what I was using before.. but the combination of the AHA and all the other ingredients seems to be making my skin even softer, pores are definitely smaller, still there, but smaller and the white comedones or little bumps I get are all slowly but surely clearing up!! So, for now so far, I am loving this stuff!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

I don't really see the big deal with this toner.

I guess it's the hype but I didn't really notice a difference in my skin.
Even with the same tiny 5% of glycolic acid I didn't notice it change my skin or make it glow.
The only toner that I noticed a HUGE difference was Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner with the same ingredient as the pixi glow but is completely glycolic acid. The Mario Badescu toner has TRANSFORMED my skin and given me a glow I've never had while also helping with acne and dryness. A pro to this product is that is really is a skin treat as it feels amazing on the skin, is soothing to apply and smells very nice.

As far as the pixi flow toner goes I don't think I would be repurchasing.