September 16, 2014 | 1758 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Babydoll

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a free sample of this from Sephora and have been using it for two weeks. I LOVE it. It is a tie HG for me, along with my longtime fave Benefit They're Real. It lengthens beautifully, and has a rich black color without being inky and fake-looking. No smudging, no flaking, no smearing.

Why I love it even more than They're Real:
- it's a slightly wetter formula, which makes it easier to apply AND the tube doesn't dry out after only one month of daily use like They're Real
- it comes off much more easily - no raccoon eyes the next morning
- doesn't thicken as much as They're Real, which means it doesn't flatten out my curled lashes

The only negative is the price - $30 usd. Everything else about it is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Catet91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is probably the best mascara I have ever tried! I love the rubber brush. Makes my lashes long and surprisingly thick without being clumpy. It's on the expensive side but you can sometimes find a deluxe sample as a 100 point perk at sephora!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is now my favorite HE mascara. I love the other YSL mascaras I own -- except for their miserable staying power. This one is easily buildable to the volume I desire and has the rubber brush I absolutely love (just like my former favorite Diorshow Iconic, which just doesn't hit the volume quite right anymore). The best part is that it's not waterproof, but it doesn't wind up all over my face by the end of the day like the other YSLs I've tried.

My one issue is that, like other YSL mascaras I've tried, this one dries out a little after a month of use to the perfect consistency. I really prefer a drier formula so for a month I'm kind of disappointed with this stuff. I'm naughty and toss my personal-use mascaras after three months instead of the recommended two, so at least I get to finish the tube, but I wish one would come out just the way I like it for once.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I had a sample of this and there was plenty of mascara on the rubber brush. Did not experience the dry mascara that some are reporting. I actually liked the brush but it's nothing special and I feel like there has to be a L'Oreal version available since L'Oreal makes Yves.

Mascara gave me definition and some fullness but could not hold a curl AT ALL. And when I tried to recurl after application my lashes stuck to curler big time. I also experienced some flaking later on.

So my summation is that this mascara is very much like Mary Kay's Lash Love mascara for more than twice the price. It applies the same and acts the same throughout wear. Big disappointment; I expected more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by Kimelise

This is my HG mascara!!

I can't believe the bad reviews about it, I absolutely adore it!!

I find it lengthens my lashes ridiculously and it is easily buildable. This is the one mascara I find gives the best definition to my eyes- whether its a single coat or built up!

I don't get any on the eyelid during application- whether thats the brush or not! I have used MANY mascaras and brushes and no matter how careful and precise I am, it always seems to hit back off my lashes.

I could not fault this mascara-
It really gives that 'babydoll' effect!

It is maybe a tad pricier for some ($55 AUD), in my opinion it's completely justified!

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE this!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by prettyinpinkgloss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish I could give this mascara zero lipsticks out of five, that's how much I hate it. It's going back to Sephora first thing tomorrow morning ! After reading reviews and watching videos on youtube I was convinced this would be a Holy Grail mascara for me. The gold packaging is cute but I really don't care about that, it's what's inside that matters. I loved the brush upon first glance and knew it was right up my alley, small, narrow plastic bristles with very little product on it. I'm a huge dry mascara formula fan, so that came as no surprise to me, it's actually one of the reasons I purchased it. As I applied the first coat though, I was like, WTF ? Are you kidding me ? I fought with this first coat for about 3 minutes, trying to get the dry clumps to separate into single lashes, no such luck. There was no great increase in length, no separation and no volume, just clumps. I used my extra Chanel mascara spoolie to remedy this lash disaster and it helped a little. I thought it looked bad after one coat but then I tried to apply a second coat and OMG, my lashes were a clumpy black hideous mess. I thought any minute now there's going to be a knock at the front door and it will be a tarantula coming over to try and mate with my lashes, of course it would have to knock, my doorbell is too high for a tarantula to reach ! Well, I washed it off and gave it another try and then another try and after the fourth attempt, I knew it was over. This mascara is not worth the hefty $ 36.00 Canadian before tax considering it's egregious formula. I'm so disappointed and unless you love the overtly thick, seriously clumped up lash look, I would give it a miss.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My lashes are light brown with blond tips, long but not thick, and super straight. I usually go for mascaras that give me lots of volume and can hold a curl like no one's business. Flaking and smudging are complete deal breakers. This gives me some nice volume at the base and added length so my lashes look crazy long. It gives me a fake lash effect. It's a very rich, deep black and it coats my lashes so well with only one or two layers. Holds a curl well and washes off easily.

BUT... when I say fake lash look I mean fake. Not the sexy false lash look but shiny, separated, long skinny lashes effect. I don't know. When I wear it I feel like I'm screaming "hey I love wearing mascara and lots of it!" and this is coming from someone who loves dramatic lashes. I'll take a false lash look any day but this just looks plastic and borders on unflattering. My lashes are stiff to the touch as well. Even with one light coat it still looks like that. I'm not a fan of the short, silicone bristles either.

I'll wear this occasionally for a nighttime look but when I toss it in three months I won't repurchase. I still prefer my YSL Faux Cils and my Armani Eyes to Kill.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by akneil

SO DISAPPOINTED.
For $36 Canadian, this isn't even close to being worth the money. I can do more with my $5 Loreal Telescopic.
From the packaging, the comb silicone brush, the entrance of the bottle clean sweeping system, I really thought it would be great. I mean, it's gorgeous. It wasn't. It is an incredibly dry formula, which didn't impress me in either length or volume. (Usually mascaras are at least good at one).. this mascara sucked at both. And when I tried to lengthen it just got clumpy because it's such a dry formula (any no my tube wasn't dried out). I am a huge mascara junky, I've tried TONS, and I have very average lashes. For like 40 dollars with tax, NOT worth it. Returned.
Dear Babydoll: you have one job, and you suck at it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While this wasn't a bad mascara it sure wasn't good enough for the price paid. I was sold on the beautiful packaging to be honest...and i'm more partial to rubber or plastic brushes than I am with the traditional ones so I decided to give it a try and here's the verdict..
while it did separate and lengthen decently and gave a bit of volume it gave a nice look to lashes but not as dramatic as I wanted it.. for paying $30 for what it did I can easily pay less than 10 bucks for a drugstore mascara that will do the same and have a similar brush as well...I think with a mascara like this you're basically just paying for the packaging and the name brand. If you can afford to splurge and just want a little more than natural looking oomph then you'll be satisfied..but if you can't afford to splurge and want dramatic fringe save that money honey coz it isn't gonna be worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Elisalovesmakeup

its nice, yes but i prefere long eyeslashes this is nice if you like a little mascara or a normal amount but i find this lengthens a lot but doesnt volumise enough for me i have bought this one, i will not buy thos again. my mum bought it she loves it and has alreasy got it twice