December 22, 2014 | 1630 users online

Mascara - Yves Saint Laurent - Babydoll

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have heard great things about this mascara and after liking YSL's Faux Cils Shocking, I thought I would like this too. I tried this mascara out on three separate occasions. It didn't give the volume I needed and I felt like it performed the same as drug store mascaras. I will update later if anything changes. I will not repurchase.
EDIT: I tried this mascara again on 12/20 and I got the same results. I like the fact that it holds a curl very well, but it can look somewhat spikey. I still prefer the YSL Faux Cils.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by AleRF

I have been using this mascara for quite some time now. When you see the brush ... You don't really expect much of it (rubber brush with very little bristles) ... but it will surprise you . It gives you very natural, long, full lashes so if you want something very full, voluminous and dramatic this is definitely not for you. Its good overall, i personally like it, it gives you very classy, natural looking lashes and for me it never clumped or charged my lashes in a bad way (not even when i tried) so its a very safe mascara. Last very well and if you go out clubbing for example and you are too tired to take off your makeup before bed, you will wake up with it intact and with no "black mascara eye situation" ... ( but lets try to just remove our makeup every night still :)) )

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I love this. When I read reviews saying it curls the lashes I couldn't believe them, but it actually does! I have super straight lashes not long or short but lots of them. This helps curl them I don't even have to use my eyelash curlers but I do and it holds the curl very well. Strange because I buy waterproof mascara because it holds the curl. If you can't afford this but loreal telescopic. It does separate well not clumpy but I sometimes run through an eyelash comb.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by mademoiselleDFW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara! Now, granted, it is pricey but whenever I wear it, people notice than they run out and buy their own lol. Must be why it's always sold out at Sephora... I just love how quickly it curls lashes and opens up the eyes in just one coat. And not flaking like with cheaper pharmacy mascara. I love it and I'm on my 4th tube. I don't plan to ever stop buying it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by pinktrebleclefs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It doesn't hold a curl, which is a deal-breaker for me.

Works wonders on my bottom lashes though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2014 4:19:00 AM More reviews by Emilyy777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara is nice. It's not great but it's not terrible either. That being said, it's definitely not worth the $63 AU price tag. I feel like there are mascaras out there that are cheaper and do just as good a job.

I love the brush, it makes for super easy application and I don't need to clean up with a q tip afterwards. To make sure my lashes don't clump, I pull my lid up slightly to really get in at the roots and brush upwards. I find if I apply this mascara without doing this - it clumps like an absolutely motherf*****.

It's also heavily fragranced, which doesnt bother me, but some people may not like that. It's quite a nice scent though, fresh and floral.

Pros:
-separates & lengthens lashes
-pretty packaging
-small brush and rubber bristles make for easy application
-little to no cleanup

Cons:
-price
-can clump very easily if you don't take care applying it
-doesn't hold curl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a free sample of this from Sephora and have been using it for two weeks. I LOVE it. It is a tie HG for me, along with my longtime fave Benefit They're Real. It lengthens beautifully, and has a rich black color without being inky and fake-looking. No smudging, no flaking, no smearing.

Why I love it even more than They're Real:
- it's a slightly wetter formula, which makes it easier to apply AND the tube doesn't dry out after only one month of daily use like They're Real
- it comes off much more easily - no raccoon eyes the next morning
- doesn't thicken as much as They're Real, which means it doesn't flatten out my curled lashes

The only negative is the price - $30 usd. Everything else about it is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Catet91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is probably the best mascara I have ever tried! I love the rubber brush. Makes my lashes long and surprisingly thick without being clumpy. It's on the expensive side but you can sometimes find a deluxe sample as a 100 point perk at sephora!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is now my favorite HE mascara. I love the other YSL mascaras I own -- except for their miserable staying power. This one is easily buildable to the volume I desire and has the rubber brush I absolutely love (just like my former favorite Diorshow Iconic, which just doesn't hit the volume quite right anymore). The best part is that it's not waterproof, but it doesn't wind up all over my face by the end of the day like the other YSLs I've tried.

My one issue is that, like other YSL mascaras I've tried, this one dries out a little after a month of use to the perfect consistency. I really prefer a drier formula so for a month I'm kind of disappointed with this stuff. I'm naughty and toss my personal-use mascaras after three months instead of the recommended two, so at least I get to finish the tube, but I wish one would come out just the way I like it for once.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

I had a sample of this and there was plenty of mascara on the rubber brush. Did not experience the dry mascara that some are reporting. I actually liked the brush but it's nothing special and I feel like there has to be a L'Oreal version available since L'Oreal makes Yves.

Mascara gave me definition and some fullness but could not hold a curl AT ALL. And when I tried to recurl after application my lashes stuck to curler big time. I also experienced some flaking later on.

So my summation is that this mascara is very much like Mary Kay's Lash Love mascara for more than twice the price. It applies the same and acts the same throughout wear. Big disappointment; I expected more.