Almay Intense i-color Volumnizing Mascara - Sapphire (032)

2.3

TERRIBLE! Although the colour is pretty, application is difficult. Within the first few seconds of applying flakes appeared. The mascara wasn't even on my lashes for two hours when I checked for flaking. Although it didn't flake it transferred under my eyes although it was applied to top lashes. Very disappointing.

The matching eyeliner performed better, but at a price of $10 it's not as cost effective as I thought (I didn't check the price at time of purchase).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My eyes are brown and blue mascara seems to brighten up my eye area. This mascara has a fat brush and applies easily. It takes a few coats to add as much volume (and length) as I like. I work quickly and finish with a clean mascara brush to separate my lashes.

There's no smudging or flaking. The mascara removes easily with an oil-based remover.

If you have sensitive eyes...and if you value your money, don't buy this stuff.

I purchased it initially due to the allure of a true navy blue drugstore mascara being hard to find. I used this exact same mascara in middle school (circa 2007 haha, albeit it was in the Plum color), and back then I really liked it, the color was subtle, yet noticeable all at once, and it never irritated my eyes like it does now.

I'm not sure if the Sapphire one is supposed to be as understated as it was, but it was basically no different than applying black mascara..but maybe that's because my lashes are naturally really dark black. Still, that leaves no appeal to the point of selling it in other colors. When I examined the wand I couldn't see the sparkle in the formula, and it was only apparent on my bottom lashes (not on top). I was immediately concerned because the idea of glitter in a mascara seemed to be such a disaster, and I was right.

During wear for a couple hours, there was some flaking, both from the mascara itself and the sparkles. When I went to remove it, there was a mess of blue glitter EVERYWHERE, I lost numerous lashes (which never happens to me during removal. Ever), and my eyes were irritated for the whole rest of the day because of the glitter particles that refused to wash off. For a brand that's supposed to be gentle and hypoallergenic, why would you include glitter in a mascara? WHY? It's cool in theory...but horrible in practice.

I don't even want to say anything good about the brush or how it enhanced my lashes because of the damage it caused. I threw it away immediately after that one time. Please save your delicate eyeballs and avoid this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love the blue colour. It's a beautiful, dark blue jean blue, or sapphire as this one is called. I have always enjoyed dark blue mascaras. I have light skin and blue eyes, blonde hair so navy mascaras usually look quite nice on me. While I love the colour, the formula is just sh*t. It's a quick drying formula, which leaves little clumps on the ends of my lashes. Gives me sparse, wirey, spidery looking lashes. The tube doesn't wipe off excess mascara none too well either. Best to wipe off the goop with a tissue before applying. Goes on wet and dries fast, giving you crunchy lashes. Two coats makes it worse too. There is no volume whatsoever with this mascara either like it claims. I bought this at my local Walmart here in Canada for $10. I will not be returning this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

A subtle blue colour which is what I was looking for. I'm not all that much of a fan of the brush but love the product. It's consistency is a bit thinner than the other mascaras I've used. Not much length added, but the volume was okay. I use it over other mascara.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Underwhelmed. This barely even looks blue, and did not provide much volume, either. It's sort of a muddy light navy, actually. I wore it for about six hours, and did not experience any smudging or flaking. I can't really complain though, since I got it for just sales tax at Walgreens during the BOGO 1/2 off sale and coupons. If you are looking for a vivid blue that pops, try Ruby Kisses. THAT is a blue mascara, and it only costs $1.99, compared to this which is $8.

Popular Mascaras