September 23, 2014 | 1636 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Etude - Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by MissMadHatterSammiie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, so let me start by saying this product in 'MINT' is a HOLY GRAIL item in my make up arsenal. Now, let me add that I have pale, European skin. I suffered from pretty sever acne as a teenager, and although I do not suffer from acne much anymore (I am now turning 20 this year) My face is CONSTANTLY red. I am not sure if this is from acne scarring all over, I just know it isn't rosacea. I look like tomato without make up on, so I used to use a lot of foundation to cover it, so after a long day out working or studying, my redness wouldn't shine through.

This product is a miracle for me. It isn't any good at all as a primer, but I used it as a foundation-yes, a foundation. I never left the house without anything on my face as I was too embarrassed about the redness, but now I pop this on before I run out the door, with some fair coloured powder so I set it and don't look like a complete ghost and I am good to go.

I am trying some cheaper alternatives at the moment (This cost me 12 AUD) but I am not liking them at all compared to this. It is such a soft - almost powdery- texture that doesn't clog my pores or break me out (I have super sensitive skin), so I will continue to repurchase, as I cant live with out this! Almost no need for foundation, unless for a flawless, full coverage effect!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Snugsack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hated this product. I received a sample from Etude House after buying lots of stuff from them, but I think this product just doesn't work for me, best for people with really fair skin.

I love Korean and Japanese products and products from Etude house except their face products for some reason...always aiming for fairer skin which is just a nono for me. Anything for the face should be kept to a similar skin tone in my opinion.

I thought this would work as some sort of corrector. I had the sample and was interested in what it would do to my face, but all it did was leave this white sheen on my face that made it look like I was trying to wear a lighter color foundation. I'm sure you've seen those disasters before. It looked grey and dull and just meh.

Texture was unique...smooth, I think it would suit very fair skinned people, nothing darker though, it has a nice pink tint to it that I think could complement their skin tone, but on my face it just looks terrible.

I suggest you do not purchase this product if you do not have fair skin. And this is not a solution to getting fair skin either. Keep it natural girls/boys x

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by SSacrebleu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I've got the green one. It has nice not too siliconey texture and can smooth out lightly your pores as well. Not as good as pore cover primers but still decent. If you apply lots you can expect it to give you grey face on photos. I actually liked to use it under a BB cream, but kind of didn't feel that I need it. I could easily go with pore cover base and foundation. I got most use of this in winter when my face goes easily red because of wind and low temperatures, also where I live there is high humidity level so the cold bites violently. Green version conceals redness really well - my face only looked slightly pink. Then the colds went away and base kind of just waited its time. Until I bought a BB cream that gives me pink undertone while I'm neutral (It's The Precious Mineral BB) I mix it 1:1 and get that desired neutral tone.
The tube version is very convenient and I'd say better value. Minty version has minty/sweet scent that is pretty light to me. Overall I recommend and will probably repurchase. It has SPF25.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This review is for the mint choux (the green one)

This was not a terrible product but nothing special at all either. This product may work well for you if you have very mild redness or very faint uneveness in skintone. Otherwise, this won't do all that much, it really didn't cover my hyperpigmentation or acne scars. It also left a very whitish-green cast on my face even when I tried my best to blend it in. So under my foundation or bb cream, it just made my face look two times lighter than it actually is in a pale-ghostly way. Not good.

I also had to work hard to blend this product because as I said before, it'll leave a cast if you don't. A good base should be able to blend into your skin seamlessly to create a good canvas to work with before putting on foundation, and this base did not do that at all. If anything it just created more work for me. It also has an artificial sweet smell, which personally didn't bother me but if you are someone who is sensitive to perfumed cosmetics, that's definitely something to consider before purchasing this.

All in all, this product was pretty forgettable. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

HG!!

This is for the peach choux... Never believed in face primers till I tried this! It made my skin glow -radiant, under the Missha perfect cover bb cream. 6 people and counting already complimented me on my skin! A little goes a long way...

Won't recommend it to darker skin though!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Blackforesttart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This primer works really nice with BB creams. It offers coverage and makes the BB cream last a lot longer. The packaging is really adorable (well it's Etude House :)). Actually the smell is quite strong so if you don't like that it's probably not well- suited for you!
if you want additional information you can also check out my blog; I actually did a full review on this ^^

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by mearcoise

It smells nice. I love the peach choux. Berry choux makes my face pink. The downside is I get pimples. I'll just stick with Bb cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

More people should be trying this out!! Etude House has come up with some doozies over the years, but this one is a real winner.

Here is a list of primers I have tried, and then dismissed as 'not as good' as this one:

1) Makeup Forever HD primer (too sticky, and made me break out!)
2) BareMinerals original
3) BareMinerals brightening
4) Smashbox
5) Laura Mercier (oily oily oily)
6) Chanel whitening
7) THIS WORKS perfect skin (really good, but a TAD too yellow)
8) YSL teint, purple one (really good, but pretty pricey)
9) Clarins beauty flash balm (maybe not for younger skin?)

I have fair, warm-toned skin. This one smooths EVERY PORE FLAW out, and creates a perfect base for makeup. I only use loose powder over this (no need for concealer any more), and I'm good to go. It's so soothing and soft that I use it to prime my undereye area as well.

I live in the very humid Singapore, where makeup slides off pretty much the second I walk out of airconditioning, saying that this has staying power is really saying a lot.

Etude House baby choux base (mine's in raspberry) for the win!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best primer that I have ever used. I tried Laura Geller Spackle, and it was a total joke when compared to this. The spackle is thin and runny and doesn't do anything at all.

This actually smoothed out my skin and made it look really nice and picture perfect. Smoothed out my pores unbelievalby. I have little tiny forehead lines coming in, and this erases those. Lastly, this covers so well, and the color is so perfect and matches so well, that you could wear this without foundation. This would be a great alternative to foundations if one has oily skin or for some reason cannot wear foundation. Just put primer on and go. Just put a little powder on the primer and go.

This is the best make up product that I have ever tried. This and the jelly lip tints and milk lip tints are just the best.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Ichax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this primer because the primer is the only one that can make the foundation can be attached to my face. But it is rather difficult to clean