Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base

4.2

Water, Caprylyl, methicone, cyclopentasiloxane, ethylhexyl mexthoxycinnamate, titanium dioxide, ethylhexyl salicylate, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, dimethicone crosspolymer, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, cetyl ethylhexaoate, cilica, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, ethylhexyl trazone, butylene glycol, caprylyl methicone, sodium chloride, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, peg-12 dimethicone, quaterium-18 bentonite, triethoxycaprlylsilxane, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) extract, taraxacum offinale (Dandelion) Rhizome/root extract, carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed oil, lincolei acid, linolenic acid, salvia hispanica seed oil, ethylhexyl olivate, sodium potassium aluminum silicate, mica, alumina, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin 1,2-hexanediol, fragrance, CI 19140, Chromium oxide greens, ultramarines

on 5/6/2015 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Oh i just can't go out without this stuff.
I have spider veins in my cheeks, bb cream or foundation alone cannot cover it well.
But this baby choux (green one) can solve those problem, and oil control is pretty good.
Must have item before foundation/ bb cream routine.
Not to mention the price, so cheap ^^v
This is my 3rd bottle. And absolutely will repurchase.

on 3/23/2015 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this off of Amazon based on the reviews from here and Amazon. I am so happy I took a chance on this product! My skin is very fair and on the dry side and I bought the baby choux base in peach, although I would like to try it in green too. This product does a great job of evening out the redness, so much so that I do not need to wear foundation over it. I just put a little concealer under my eyes and I ready to go. It also lasts a lot longer that foundation on me and my makeup looks just as fresh in the late afternoon. A pea sized drop goes a long way.

on 12/15/2014 3:11:00 AM

Never belived in my lifetime I would use a primer. I have trimmed beard, lightly oily t-zone and slighly sensitive skin with cheeks getting red easily.

After using a very basic skincare regime for years (foaming cleanser and light moisturiser) age made me advance my regime step by step as different skin challenges arised. Now I have arrived at makeup. Ha!

This is for the Peach choux as I believed (working with graphic design my colour knowledge reasoned for me) it would work best on my (winter)pale nordic skin.
I have the tube - a jar wouldn't look quite at home in my bathroom cabinet.

And it is truly a wonder product working charms for my skin. Easy to apply after moisturiser and carefully blending it towards my harlines it just gives me my youthful apperance back.
(Had to practice a few times to get it right and not overdone - less is more than enough).

Airbrushed skin, minimal pores and even holds back some of the oiliness usual appearing after some hours. Not in use every day, but when needed to be representabel with customers it's on in less then 30 sec's in the morning.

Have also been trying it on evenings and it gave me that sensual skin tone one gets in candle light.

Can probably not use this in summertime as it will be to pale then, thats why one lippie was removed (feels somehow odd to say lippie).

Highly recommended for guys too who want to prolong that virile subtle good skin look.

Ok, so let me start by saying this product in 'MINT' is a HOLY GRAIL item in my make up arsenal. Now, let me add that I have pale, European skin. I suffered from pretty sever acne as a teenager, and although I do not suffer from acne much anymore (I am now turning 20 this year) My face is CONSTANTLY red. I am not sure if this is from acne scarring all over, I just know it isn't rosacea. I look like tomato without make up on, so I used to use a lot of foundation to cover it, so after a long day out working or studying, my redness wouldn't shine through.

This product is a miracle for me. It isn't any good at all as a primer, but I used it as a foundation-yes, a foundation. I never left the house without anything on my face as I was too embarrassed about the redness, but now I pop this on before I run out the door, with some fair coloured powder so I set it and don't look like a complete ghost and I am good to go.

I am trying some cheaper alternatives at the moment (This cost me 12 AUD) but I am not liking them at all compared to this. It is such a soft - almost powdery- texture that doesn't clog my pores or break me out (I have super sensitive skin), so I will continue to repurchase, as I cant live with out this! Almost no need for foundation, unless for a flawless, full coverage effect!

on 4/23/2014 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hated this product. I received a sample from Etude House after buying lots of stuff from them, but I think this product just doesn't work for me, best for people with really fair skin.

I love Korean and Japanese products and products from Etude house except their face products for some reason...always aiming for fairer skin which is just a nono for me. Anything for the face should be kept to a similar skin tone in my opinion.

I thought this would work as some sort of corrector. I had the sample and was interested in what it would do to my face, but all it did was leave this white sheen on my face that made it look like I was trying to wear a lighter color foundation. I'm sure you've seen those disasters before. It looked grey and dull and just meh.

Texture was unique...smooth, I think it would suit very fair skinned people, nothing darker though, it has a nice pink tint to it that I think could complement their skin tone, but on my face it just looks terrible.

I suggest you do not purchase this product if you do not have fair skin. And this is not a solution to getting fair skin either. Keep it natural girls/boys x

on 4/22/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've got the green one. It has nice not too siliconey texture and can smooth out lightly your pores as well. Not as good as pore cover primers but still decent. If you apply lots you can expect it to give you grey face on photos. I actually liked to use it under a BB cream, but kind of didn't feel that I need it. I could easily go with pore cover base and foundation. I got most use of this in winter when my face goes easily red because of wind and low temperatures, also where I live there is high humidity level so the cold bites violently. Green version conceals redness really well - my face only looked slightly pink. Then the colds went away and base kind of just waited its time. Until I bought a BB cream that gives me pink undertone while I'm neutral (It's The Precious Mineral BB) I mix it 1:1 and get that desired neutral tone.
The tube version is very convenient and I'd say better value. Minty version has minty/sweet scent that is pretty light to me. Overall I recommend and will probably repurchase. It has SPF25.

on 4/13/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This review is for the mint choux (the green one)

This was not a terrible product but nothing special at all either. This product may work well for you if you have very mild redness or very faint uneveness in skintone. Otherwise, this won't do all that much, it really didn't cover my hyperpigmentation or acne scars. It also left a very whitish-green cast on my face even when I tried my best to blend it in. So under my foundation or bb cream, it just made my face look two times lighter than it actually is in a pale-ghostly way. Not good.

I also had to work hard to blend this product because as I said before, it'll leave a cast if you don't. A good base should be able to blend into your skin seamlessly to create a good canvas to work with before putting on foundation, and this base did not do that at all. If anything it just created more work for me. It also has an artificial sweet smell, which personally didn't bother me but if you are someone who is sensitive to perfumed cosmetics, that's definitely something to consider before purchasing this.

All in all, this product was pretty forgettable. I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/28/2014 11:03:00 PM

HG!!

This is for the peach choux... Never believed in face primers till I tried this! It made my skin glow -radiant, under the Missha perfect cover bb cream. 6 people and counting already complimented me on my skin! A little goes a long way...

Won't recommend it to darker skin though!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This primer works really nice with BB creams. It offers coverage and makes the BB cream last a lot longer. The packaging is really adorable (well it's Etude House :)). Actually the smell is quite strong so if you don't like that it's probably not well- suited for you!
if you want additional information you can also check out my blog; I actually did a full review on this ^^

on 1/27/2014 5:35:00 PM

It smells nice. I love the peach choux. Berry choux makes my face pink. The downside is I get pimples. I'll just stick with Bb cream