April 19, 2014 | 1913 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Etude - Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This review is for the mint choux (the green one)

This was not a terrible product but nothing special at all either. This product may work well for you if you have very mild redness or very faint uneveness in skintone. Otherwise, this won't do all that much, it really didn't cover my hyperpigmentation or acne scars. It also left a very whitish-green cast on my face even when I tried my best to blend it in. So under my foundation or bb cream, it just made my face look two times lighter than it actually is in a pale-ghostly way. Not good.

I also had to work hard to blend this product because as I said before, it'll leave a cast if you don't. A good base should be able to blend into your skin seamlessly to create a good canvas to work with before putting on foundation, and this base did not do that at all. If anything it just created more work for me. It also has an artificial sweet smell, which personally didn't bother me but if you are someone who is sensitive to perfumed cosmetics, that's definitely something to consider before purchasing this.

All in all, this product was pretty forgettable. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

HG!!

This is for the peach choux... Never believed in face primers till I tried this! It made my skin glow -radiant, under the Missha perfect cover bb cream. 6 people and counting already complimented me on my skin! A little goes a long way...

Won't recommend it to darker skin though!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Blackforesttart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This primer works really nice with BB creams. It offers coverage and makes the BB cream last a lot longer. The packaging is really adorable (well it's Etude House :)). Actually the smell is quite strong so if you don't like that it's probably not well- suited for you!
I wrote a review on this! Check out my blog:)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by mearcoise

It smells nice. I love the peach choux. Berry choux makes my face pink. The downside is I get pimples. I'll just stick with Bb cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

More people should be trying this out!! Etude House has come up with some doozies over the years, but this one is a real winner.

Here is a list of primers I have tried, and then dismissed as 'not as good' as this one:

1) Makeup Forever HD primer (too sticky, and made me break out!)
2) BareMinerals original
3) BareMinerals brightening
4) Smashbox
5) Laura Mercier (oily oily oily)
6) Chanel whitening
7) THIS WORKS perfect skin (really good, but a TAD too yellow)
8) YSL teint, purple one (really good, but pretty pricey)
9) Clarins beauty flash balm (maybe not for younger skin?)

I have fair, warm-toned skin. This one smooths EVERY PORE FLAW out, and creates a perfect base for makeup. I only use loose powder over this (no need for concealer any more), and I'm good to go. It's so soothing and soft that I use it to prime my undereye area as well.

I live in the very humid Singapore, where makeup slides off pretty much the second I walk out of airconditioning, saying that this has staying power is really saying a lot.

Etude House baby choux base (mine's in raspberry) for the win!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best primer that I have ever used. I tried Laura Geller Spackle, and it was a total joke when compared to this. The spackle is thin and runny and doesn't do anything at all.

This actually smoothed out my skin and made it look really nice and picture perfect. Smoothed out my pores unbelievalby. I have little tiny forehead lines coming in, and this erases those. Lastly, this covers so well, and the color is so perfect and matches so well, that you could wear this without foundation. This would be a great alternative to foundations if one has oily skin or for some reason cannot wear foundation. Just put primer on and go. Just put a little powder on the primer and go.

This is the best make up product that I have ever tried. This and the jelly lip tints and milk lip tints are just the best.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Ichax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this primer because the primer is the only one that can make the foundation can be attached to my face. But it is rather difficult to clean

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm already on my 2nd tube of this! I'm using peach choux. I've got really yellow skin tone and it's almost the same colour as winnie the pooh. (LOL but its true.) This brightens up my skin and made it less yellow but more pinky and more radiance. It also kinda hydrates my skin because my skin feels soft and look dewy but not shiny after using it. I love this product of Etude. I have mix feelings toward the products of Etude. Some product like peach choux works for me but some didn't.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you've got rosacea like me this is a great product. I used mint, which gave me light overall green coverage that corrected the red nicely. I used MUFE green #17 over dark red problem spots and the 2 together gave me a very smooth, natural color-corrected palate.

I don't like a foundation heavy look so I applied Chanel CC cream over this and finished with Ben Nye banana powder. It gives me light enough coverage my natural skin shines through without the red yet I don't look like I'm covered in pancake batter.

Some green creams build up in large pores and make you look like you've got green dots all over your face. This cream didn't do that. I'll see how it holds up over a few hours but my initial impression is thumbs up.

UPDATE: After using this for a while I have cooled on it. It can be a bit too thick to work with some foundations, and can also read a bit chalky in certain lights. I find Smashbox and MUFE color correctors to be much more sheer and versatile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by mooshrimp

HG product for sure. I have EXTREMELY red skin as well as extremely fair skin. I am a perfect match for the NC15 Fix Powder + Foundation, which is a truly neutral extremely light color. However, that's only on my neck and inner arms. Because my face is so red, it looks at least 2-3 shades darker than my neck just naturally, especially under foundation. Even when the foundation is actually a good match, it looks like it's too dark. it's very frustrating.

Enter this product, which whitens and brightens under makeup. I got the mint choux. At first I HATED this stuff. It seemed very drying, highlighted flakes, and really badly settled into pores. Yuck. I was super upset, waste of money.

Then I tried something else, I primed with a light face oil (Nuxe to be specific), then put on my normal silicone primer (I adore Tony Moly pore balm), and smoothed this over the top. That did the trick! It COULD be worn alone if you don't over-apply it, but it does have a tendency to make me look a little seasick (it is green after all) even if it is a good match on my skin. When I put foundation or BB Cream over the top, it is a much closer match to my neck, much brighter and just, perfect looking. It makes me proud of my porcelain skin rather than wanting to get a tan. It's just so, flawless and bright! It really makes an amazing difference. I know it sounds a bit like an unnecessary extra step, but it really makes everything look so so so much brighter and lovely. It also has SPF, smells nice (but not too strong), has a gorgeous jar, makes my skin much softer, and does not have any glitter or shimmer to it.

This is definitely one to try if you're looking for a brightener.