January 25, 2015 | 1814 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Laughing010

Hands up for keeping my asian lashes curled all day! However, I always use an eyelash primer (Shiseido Nourshing Mascara Base) before I apply this mascara or else it will smudge. I love the big brush and it makes my lashes long, separated and curled, everything that I could ask for. LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 12:11:00 AM More reviews by BigBiscuits

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely holds a curl all day!! This is the best drugstore mascara I have used. My lashes are stick straight and after curling them and using this, they are wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2015 12:52:00 AM More reviews by rubianoalanis

Gives my lashes length and thickness! Holds my curl, definitely LOVE this mascara!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2015 6:20:00 PM More reviews by rsch94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A fairly decent mascara that does the job but not without its flaws.

Very black and lasts long without flaking under the eyes. However, removal is a bit of pain: I use cold cream to remove eye makeup and feel like this stuff is exceptionally hard to remove (compared to other waterproof mascaras), causing me to rub my eyes a lot. The brush has too short of bristles and a flattened tip that likes to collect excess product. This clumped on the ends of my lashes but also made the base fuller and more voluminous. The short bristles also do not provide a lot of separation, so I always have to use a lash comb after.

Overall, I feel like this has above-average lasting power and holds a curl well, but the way the brush is designed to collect a minimal amount of product makes application lengthy and annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by breannalynnn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a good mascara. I find that it works better for me after it has dried out a little bit because the formula is pretty wet and hard to apply. I personally don't think it's as good as everybody says it is, if I'm not super careful it clumps my lashes together. One time I applied two coats and my eyelashes were so clumpy I had to go through the process of completely removing the mascara and re-doing it. Luckily I wasn't on a time crunch otherwise I'd be walking around looking like I had a total of three eyelashes. The blackest black is very dark which is a plus for me. And the waterproof formula is definitely waterproof...so hard to get off. It's super hard to get my lashes to hold a curl and a lot of the time this doesn't hold the curl, and my lashes just kind of stick up weirdly. I've purchased this twice but I don't think I'll buy it again. Maybe if your looking for a lengthening mascara then you'd like this, but I need something to make my lashes more voluminous.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by gemma2802

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a mediocre mascara. I definitely prefer this waterproof version to the regular, I think the regular is pretty horrible but the waterproof version does the job for a drugstore mascara. I've had 2 bottles of this, and after my 2nd bottle I would not consider repurchasing.
The formula is quite wet at first but is very easy to build up with a few coats of this. The Boots' website instructions for use say to not let it dry between coats. I don't agree with this. I usually wait till it's just about set before drying Maybe this is why it's not working as perfectly as it should for me but this is just much simpler for me to do. It lasts for a pretty long time, and is definitely very waterproof, which is probably one of my favourite aspects of the product. I always prime my lashes first with Estee Lauder's Lash Primer Plus first. However I do not believe that it has 8x more volume as claimed. Yes, it gives good volume to my lashes but I'd say it gives me 3x more volume at best. It's got a nice true black colour which is good too.
The packaging is okay, I do like the colour and the shape, and the pale blue writing on it is much nicer than the pink on the regular. It's easy enough to carry around with you just as a top up to apply throughout the day.
The brush could do with having slightly longer bristles, but the overall shape is nice and the handle is easy to use and apply.
I do find that you have to be pretty careful when applying this to not make it look too clumpy as it has the effect of doing this, but as long as you apply it carefully and brush out any clumps you may get you do get a nicely voluminous look.
Eh, not the best mascara, but also far from the worst. I'd probably recommend this to someone who is just starting out with makeup as it is easy to use. Doesn't live up to it's claims but has got a nice long lasting stay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Doesn't really holy my curl and gets very crispy with just one coat. Goes into the drag queen bucket.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by neonsparks101

I absolutely LOVE this mascara! The only con is that when you first start using it the formula is very wet, but after more times you apply the mascara it becomes fine. I make this a duo where I first apply this mascara and top it off with the amazing Maybelline cat eyes waterproof mascara. The rocket mascara gives me lots of volume and length, and the cat eyes mascara gives a great curl to the lashes. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH go buy it if your looking for a great volumizing mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by TiffanyChic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff... This stuff is terrible! I always look for new mascara. I never buy more than one tube at a time because I don't want it to get old before I use it. I wanted to try this when it was new but never did. I grabbed it on a quick run to CVS to replace my old Revlon Lash Potion (which I love.) This, however, is awful stuff. There no volume, just a thick black gunk on my lashes. I hate it. And it's a pain to get off. The bristles are too short and stiff to do anything. 6xs the volume. I say false claim. I've nearly gave up on Maybelline anyway. I'm going back to my lash potion asap.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2014 4:12:00 PM More reviews by glittergatkes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ugh, this Rocket needs to blast off and never come back. It has none of the volume-boosting qualities of the non-waterproof Rocket - and also none of its easy-on, easy-off qualities, either. It paints on inconsistently...more on some lashes, less on others. It flakes, BUT doesn't wash all the way off no matter what I use. If you love looking like a raccoon or cartoon bank robber or masquerade ball patron, then you will love the waterproof Rocket. I however am banishing it from my orbit for good.