July 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by MUAkiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BACKGROUND: My lashes are average length, straight and points down but not very noticeable when curled. It is by no means thick or voluminous. It does not hold a curl with non waterproof mascaras, but holds a curl with pretty much every waterproof mascara I've tried.

LENGTH/VOLUME: i heard that it gives wonderful volume and length, but I was disappointed when this mascara didn't really do anything for my lashes. I tried layering it with another mascara and it doesn't do anything except making my lashes feeling heavy. It does not give length at all, and provides little to some volume. It feels a little heavy on my lashes even on its own (however you don't notice it after awhile throughout the day).

SEPARATION: The brush looks similar to the cover girl's volume mascara (in the orange tube). It gives good separation and does not clump that much.

Its an average mascara and despite oily skin, it has no to minimal smudging. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Kellybearxoxo

Great mascara, most important thing, it holds curl!! Of course, being water proof, it's a pain to remove but I don't mind because I love it so much I find that when it clumps it's usually due to how I've applied it rather than the mascara itself. HG!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by habana

This is one of the mascaras I use in my rotation & currently my favorite. I was looking for a mascara to thicken my lashes & to my surprise this mascara gave me incredible volume with no clumps AND great length! It also holds a curl all day. Highly recommend this mascara for anyone with wimpy lashes. There will always be a tube of this in my makeup case.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by allykhatt

This is literally my HG mascara! I have the hardest eyelashes to keep curled and just with a light coat of mascara after I curl it, it stays! My lashes look great, doesn't clump, I can coat it more to get a more volumized look and it's still fine! Best mascara yet! Honestly I still do try different mascara but I always end up coming back to this one! It's super waterproof too! Swimming and watching the fault in our stars, it kept on like nothing really impacted it! Once again great mascara love it love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by SmartCookie1035

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I've found my new go-to mascara for now. I'm one of those people who tends to have a million mascaras open at once, but I've finally got a winner, here. The Rocket Waterproof is by far the best drugstore mascara I've ever used.

I should start off by saying that my lashes are naturally thick and do react well to most mascaras. The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof, however, makes my lashes look beyond good; it makes them look spectacular. This mascara not only locks in a curl, but adds both length and volume. My eyes look open and huge when I'm wearing this; for me, it's the next best thing to false lashes. I don't recommend adding more than two coats, however. The only time I experienced clumping with this product was when I added a third coat, but frankly, the third coat was overkill, anyway. Two coats makes your lashes look fantastic.

Would I buy this again? Unquestionably. Though I'll probably still continue to experiment with other mascaras, The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof has become my staple mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by miyuhanaa

I heard many wonders about this mascara and how it makes your lashes a lot fuller and adds more volume. I don't know if it's because of my hair type but this mascara did not do much to my lashes.

My hair is naturally straight and very thick so my eye lashes are probably like that. As soon as I put on this mascara after curling my lashes, the curl starts to flatten. it could be because the mascara formula is too thick/heavy for my lashes.
My lashes end up barely curled if I use more than one layer on my lashes. This mascara was not as clump free as I wanted it to be.

Overall, it is a descent mascara. When I get rid of the excess mascara on the brush with a tissue before putting it on, it doesn't clump my lashes together as much and adds length. If you have the same hair type as me, I would recommend not to use too many coats of this mascara and it will end up looking pretty good. It stays on all day and the curl in my lashes are till there but not as curled.

If I ran out of this mascara, I would not repurchase because it doesn't hold the curl in my lashes very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by MeliMelzxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Holy grail mascara! A MUST HAVE for me! This is the only mascara I have used since purchasing almost a year ago! I almost always receive compliments on my lashes when using this product! This mascara delivers exactly what it claims to. My lashes look so full, long and almost have the fake lash look which I love! Absolutely amazing, doesn't clump or flake off on me either, only complaint is that it can be hard to remove however, it's also a good thing because it stays on while swimming, in the heat, and even when I cry (ha lol) no smudging! I recommend this to everyone and have repurchased and will continue to do so!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by mellyru

*Girl with typically downward pointing, short, sparse, stubbornly short Asian lashes that tend to get pushed down with my small lids.*

A friend had recommended this mascara to me to try, however I was quite disappointed. While it offered some volume, it was not good to layer on coats. As soon as I applied, my thoroughly crimped curl dropped almost immediately. This makes me think that the formula is too wet and heavy for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by shelby22b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Honestly, when I first bought this product, I thought it was just another random mascara that had claimed to give me more volume. HOLY POOP WAS I WRONG. This has done me wonders. I was blessed with short lashes that grow downward, so it was tough finding a mascara for a while that would hold the curl and have it last all day. This mascara does EXACTLY that. It holds the curl and gives me amazing volume and I can't help but stare at my eyes whenever I pass a mirror. I'm quite proud of Maybelline.

The only downside, for me anyway, is that it smudges on my lower eyelid. I put the mascara on my lower lashes, and by the time I come home from a long day, it looks like I had been watching The Notebook and that my mascara was running. This is in waterproof, too, so I don't get why it smudges. I'd give it 5/5 if it didn't, but whatever. It's not like I won't be buying this again.

Overall, it's pretty good. Good job, Maybelline. My faith in you has been restored.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Favorite mascara and it does wonders, I'm in with maybelline mascaras they are so cheap and this one is by far amazing!!! I have the waterproof one and regular one, I used loreal but it always transfers in my bottom lashes, so I do not know what happen because they suck and the makeup forever does the same. Well guess what mAybelline does not do that .... Overal try it and u will be happy with the results!!!