Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof

3.7

on 7/8/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have tried so many mascaras--high end and drugstore. I have naturally long and thick lashes, but they don't hold a curl at all (I have lashes that go straight down and have to curl the crap out of them to get a curl) hence the reason I got the waterproof version (waterproof mascaras tend to hold a curl much better). This mascara holds a curl very well and separates my lashes so nicely, and the color is a very dark, intense black as well which I like. This not only gave me good volume and lengthened my lashes but also DIDN'T CLUMP (which is usually a big issue of mine). I definitely think this is better than all the high, expensive mascaras I have tested out and for only about $8 this mascara is definitely worth it.

on 6/25/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a lash obsession and am on the hunt for the perfect mascara combination. This mascara is nice. It's not fantastic and I think I like L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof better on me. I use waterproof to hold my curl. I have stubborn, straight short lashes that nothing but waterproof can curl...trust me I've tried every technique out there. It holds the curl, but just doesn't give enough ooompf for me. I like dramatic lashes, this seperates nicely and gives some length but I find it to be a very natural look. Hard to remove like all waterproof mascaras, but nothing a little coconut oil can't help. I'm on the fence about buying it again. It's definitely not a bad product, just depends on what you're looking for in a mascara.

on 5/22/2015 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the best mascaras in the price range. My lashes tend to "sink down" and go straight after a while even if I curl them, but this mascara keeps them curled and flawless all day. It does everything it says really, it separates the lashes and creates massive volume. It stays put all day until I take it off with eye makeup remover, it won't budge even if I'm having a rough sweaty day or if it's raining outside. This is a mascara I would recommend to anyone, it's perfect for any occasion whether it's a regular day at school/work, a party, or even a zombie apocalypse. Wherever you are and whatever you're doing, you can definitely count on this one.

on 5/22/2015 12:11:00 AM

LOVE this mascara! It makes my lashes look so good and when i curl my eyelashes it holds the curl all day . The only thing I dislike is its a pain to get off because its waterproof

I love this mascara for my no-nonsense days. When I'm going to be working out or sweating, it doesn't give a falsie look but definitely holds its place and holds a curl. It does not lengthen very much but it does fan my eye lashes out nicely and another mascara can be layered on without it being clumpy. It lasts awhile as well, I find that it doesn't dry out quickly or smell rancid. It's dependable and consistent

on 2/15/2015 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It's a great mascara formula, but I'm not a huge fan of the tiny plastic brush. Though, I tend to not like brush wands like that, anyway.

It is, however, a pain in the butt to take off, and a bit expensive for a drugstore mascara, but you can usually find coupons to buy it for a dollar off/ bogo 50% off.

In all, I was damn impressed with this mascara and would repurchase just for the fact that it holds a curl like no other mascara I've used!

on 1/13/2015 1:31:00 PM

Hands up for keeping my asian lashes curled all day! However, I always use an eyelash primer (Shiseido Nourshing Mascara Base) before I apply this mascara or else it will smudge. I love the big brush and it makes my lashes long, separated and curled, everything that I could ask for. LOVE LOVE!

on 1/12/2015 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Definitely holds a curl all day!! This is the best drugstore mascara I have used. My lashes are stick straight and after curling them and using this, they are wonderful!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Gives my lashes length and thickness! Holds my curl, definitely LOVE this mascara!!

on 1/1/2015 6:20:00 PM

A fairly decent mascara that does the job but not without its flaws.

Very black and lasts long without flaking under the eyes. However, removal is a bit of pain: I use cold cream to remove eye makeup and feel like this stuff is exceptionally hard to remove (compared to other waterproof mascaras), causing me to rub my eyes a lot. The brush has too short of bristles and a flattened tip that likes to collect excess product. This clumped on the ends of my lashes but also made the base fuller and more voluminous. The short bristles also do not provide a lot of separation, so I always have to use a lash comb after.

Overall, I feel like this has above-average lasting power and holds a curl well, but the way the brush is designed to collect a minimal amount of product makes application lengthy and annoying.