Fresh Sugar Lip treatment SPF15 Petal

4.3

I hated this lippie at first. The color was too bright, (I thought at the time), & it wouldn't stay in my lipline. I've changed my mind! Now, I love it. This will smear if I try to apply it to my whole lip area, but I've found that applying the product to just the center of my bottom lip is more than enough & then it spreads out evenly, also gives the perfect color lip tint.

I love this color, and I don't know if it is because I don't mind putting it on more, or if it actually does last longer, but it is my FAVORITE of all of the tinted Sugar Lip Treatments. So, basically, similar to what I've said about all the others - great color (OH, so I only said that about this one), less of a bad taste than the others, lasts a decent time (it's no lip stain but it's impressive for basically a tinted chapstick), but is a bit overpriced. I'd still probably buy it again, but it lasts a ridiculously long time for just one stick.

I have this in the mini version that came in the set they sell at Sephora. My experience with tinted lip balms is limited to mostly drugstore (aka Maybelline Baby Lips) and I can say that the extra bucks are worth it.

This is sheer rosy pink and looks quite natural with one layer. As you build it up, the colour can become a bit more pink and vibrant so be aware of that if you want something natural. The sheen that it gives off helps make my lips look a bit fuller.

It feels very hydrating going on and the citrus/jojoba oil scent that lasts an hour or two, and I love that about it.

The texture is quite different. Baby Lips are slick (even slightly gritty in the case of the Crystal line). The Fresh lip treatments are slightly tacky when you press your lips together, but not as much as some lip glosses tend to be.

The staying power with the Fresh lip treatments are pretty decent. They will wear off when you eat/drink but the moisture stays even after the colour has worn off.

This is lovely if you don't mind the splurge

This is a little gem of a product and I really love everything about it. It moisturizes really well AND it has fairly good staying power for what it is. The color shows up really nicely on my very fair complexion, so I can skip any other lip products when applying. I am also grateful for the SPF 15, since in the last year or so I`ve started noticing dark spots appearing on my lips. And last, but not least, I`m really enjoying the scent, citrusy, fruity, sweet, and this is rare for me, as I generally prefer unscented cosmetics. The packaging actually screws close, preventing it from opening accidentally in your bag. We have a winner!

Love how long it lasts, the color & how soft my lips become. Better than anything you can get at the drug store

I remember using this a few years ago when I received it as a Sephora bonus. Call me crazy, but I think the formula has changed! I remember it being more pigmented, smooth, and creamy. I purchased this product in the shade "Petal," which is supposed to be a subtle, nude tint. On my lips, it appeared more coral. The ingredients also irritated my lips, giving me redness around the mouth. The only upside to this product is the gorgeous smell! Very citrus-y and slightly sweet. However, I am not willing to pay the crazy sum of $24 for something as basic as a pleasing scent. The sunscreen ingredients are also unstable when combined, so the product does not offer the SPF 15 that it advertises. I ended up returning it, and would not purchase it again. For anyone interested in a subtle tint with no sun protection, try Nivea Kiss of Cherry. (This is a great dupe for the Fresh Sugar Rose balm.) Just remember to add a sunscreen underneath it. For a great, citrus scented lip balm, try Jane Iredale's lip drink. Very similar scent to Fresh's overpriced product.
***I repurchased this in the rose color, but only because I was given a Sephora gift card. I like it, but I won't be changing my rating. It's not as moisturizing as nivea, lypsyl, or dr.bronners. It has a slightly tingly feeling. It plumps and colors my lips, but I prefer other balms. It's also CRAZY EXPENSIVE FOR THE AMOUNT YOU GET!!!Seriously, almost $25 for .15 oz?I wouldn't pay that much for skin care. The stick of balm is hardly half the length of the whole tube, and I've used quite a bit since yesterday. It's a thin balm and it melts easily, so don't leave it in the car or keep it in your pocket. When I bought this, I tossed out my Clinique Butter Shine Lipstick(absolute rubbish)and a burt's bees tinted lip balm. I normally use up products until they're gone, but the cost of the latter two combined is the price of the one tube of Fresh I got for free. I'll be buying something else next time.***

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Canadian winters are approaching and they are not forgiving at all - especially to my poor lips :(. I've used a few different tinted lip balms before (ex. Burt's Bee's), but this is by far my favourite! The packing is absolutely beautiful; I love how it is a twist cap so no more accidents of caps coming off in my bag. However, the material of the tube is this... metal finish, so it does get scratched easily :(.

I originally bought this product in Tulip, but I couldn't feel comfortable it in, since my comfort zone is in the nude/pinky tones. THIS SHADE IS PERFECCCCTTTTT. It's exactly the shade that I was looking for!

It's difficult to describe the scent of the product, but it does smell quite pleasant :). It isn't overpowering, but it doesn't smell like I slathered Vaseline on my lips. The texture is very comfortable; the product stays on my lips, it feels thick enough to be moisturizing, but it does not feel too sticky.

I used this product ALL THE TIME. Although it is a bit more on the expensive side (~$26CAD), I do feel the difference between something like this on the high end side versus a product like Burt's Bees or Nivea. WILL REPURCHASE FOR SURE!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is just lovely. I was worried when I purchased it because I thought it wouldn't show up on me but it does. It's a gorgeous, fresh (no pun intended) take on the everyday brownish-pink/pinky-brown I've been wearing for years--lighter in texture and slightly lighter in color, more feminine and flattering, yet sophisticated. On my pigmented lips, it's a midtone dusty pink and looks slightly darker than it does in the tube. And it's easy to adjust the depth of color by the amount you apply. One swipe is great for a casual look; more for a dressier or more professional take. I love the Fresh Tinted Lip Treatments and have no problems with the scent/texture, but that's personal preference. I highly recommend this if you're looking for an everyday shade that's pretty yet appropriate for pretty much any occasion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

such a beautiful natural dusty pink color and is so moisturizing. the light lemon sweet scent is addictive and the color pay off is actually really great. just a natural, very easy to wear lippy. i want them all now..

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've always been a fan of the Fresh sugar balms. I've tried a few colors and my go to was always the rose shade. Saw this in sephora and gave it a try and really loved the color - this will probably become my new go to.

The color is a lovely neutral pink with beige undertones that will allow it to flatter most skin tones though I'm not sure about the palest of complexions. It's definitely a gorgeous natural lip - more opaque than most of the other balms but I like that since it looks a little more polished.

The consistency is the same as the other sugar balms and that is the reason these are such crowd pleasers. Very creamy and incredibly moisturizing. Don't leave it out in the heat or it's sure to melt and you'll be back at the store buying a replacement because you won't be able to live without it!

Popular Lip Treatments