October 22, 2014 | 2000 users online

Styling Products - Conair - Medium Spiral Rollers

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by missamelie37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These heatless curling rods are my new favorite thing to use! They give you beautiful heatless curls that looks like you curled it using a curling iron! And the curls lasted me 2 days (probably could have lasted longer too) without washing my hair and the curls still look pretty and they didn't loosen up too much overnight! I use the Garnier Curl Construct Mousse after I take out the curlers and it makes my curls not fall out as quickly as they would with regular foam rollers.

The only thing I would complain about is how it's sometimes difficult to roller your hair on the rods. It took me awhile to figure it out and I read online that you just roll the ends of your hair underneath the rest of the hair and it'll stay. (You put the rod at the bottom of the hair, towards the end and just roll up and bend the rod.) It's very simple once you get the hang of it! And when you take out the rods, you're left with beautiful bouncy curls! Depending on the way you wrap your hair around the rod, you can get multiple looks with it! You can get full and volumonous mermaid waves, or bouncy curls! Using these curling rods with clean, dry hair will get you great results! If you're hair is wet or too damp, it probably won't curl as well. I always do this after I shower and my hair is dry and then I sleep on it and it's as simple as that! As for sleeping on these rods, I wouldn't say its too uncomfortable! It definitely takes some getting used too! I found a position that was comfortable for me and I fell right asleep! Once you find the right position, you can't really feel them in your hair!

I recommend these if you're looking for a quick and easy heatless way to get beautiful curls! They take no more than 10 minutes to put in/take out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by lyssajay808

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These rollers are the best! I've been trying to find a heatless way to curl my hair because my hair is damaged from dying my hair & heat tools. And these rollers are the answer to my problem. My hair is very hard to curl. And using these rollers made my hair have nice tight spiral curls, like Taylor Swift for example. But when using the curlers your hair MUST be damp to almost dry, because your hair will not be able to dry. If your hair is still damp when you take out the curlers that means your hair was too wet when you put in the rollers. And your curls will not last long, or might not even be curled. It does take a little practice trying to find a way to roll you hair onto it and secure it. But once you find a way it's super easy. And all you have to do is sleep & wake up to beautiful curls! Overall, these rollers are the best. & makes curling hair so much more easier! & you can get wavy & nice Taylor Swift curls.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by shriekingviolet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Unlike the other two reviewers, I L-O-V-E these rollers. I'd go so far as to call them life changing. I have straight, baby fine hair that has never been able to hold curl well. Growing up, I tried curling irons and curlers and got limp results that lasted only a couple of hours. Even professional stylists had to load my hair up with beauty pageant levels of product to get good, lasting results. So I've spent most of my life with straight, boring hair. But now with these, I can get gorgeous curls and waves that last with very little effort and minimal product. I couldn't be happier.

The other two reviewers mentioned that their hair was still damp in the morning which makes me think their hair was too wet when they started out. Your hair should be somewhat damp when you roll your hair, but never EVER wet. Unless you have really thin hair and do small sections, hair can't dry properly when it's bunched up tightly together. That's true when you try to dry your hair in twists, buns and braids too. You need to let your hair dry most of the way (either on its own or with a blow dryer) before you roll it. How damp you can get away with depends on your hair type, length, how many hours of sleep you get and how large your sections are when you roll. I roll my hair using big sections on very few rollers (3-5 depending on the look I'm going for), so I either air dry wet hair until it's just barely damp or start with dry hair that I've lightly sprayed. If you're a beginner, it's better to err on the side of dry. Hair that's rolled when it's too dry will still curl, though not as tightly and the curls won't last quite as long. Hair that's too damp to dry completely over night though will leave you with curls that fall right out and may even look frizzy.

These curlers work well with freshly washed hair (assuming you give it time to dry some first!) and 2nd day hair. Using styling products isn't necessary, but I do sometimes use a setting lotion or mousse first if I want tighter, bouncier curls. After I take my rollers out (making sure to let my curl fall off the roller rather than unrolling it all the way) I just use a little serum to tame any pillow produced frizz and a light spritzing of hair spray. How long my curls last depends on how damp my hair was when I rolled it and how many rollers I used (fewer rollers=bigger sections=looser curls). I get at least 5-6 hours out of them, but even after they fall they fall into very pretty waves that are still visible the next day.

A few more tips: if you're having trouble keeping your ends on the rod, consider how you're rolling your hair. Flexirods are great in that they can be used to produce different curl patterns depending on the size of the rod and how you coil your hair on the roller, but some methods are more secure than others. If you can't keep your ends in on their own, try a rolling pattern that leads to the ends being tucked underneath the length of your hair. When I was first starting out and wasn't very skilled at rolling, I liked to hold the roller about half way down the length of my hair and then manually wrap the lower part of my hair on the roller. After the lower part was in place I rolled the curler to my scalp with the upper part covering the wrapped hair, and then folded in the ends of the curler. This produces a very secure hold and shouldn't need any pins or hair spray. If your curler still feels loose after doing it this way, undo the ends of the curler and roll it a little closer to the scalp before folding the ends in the opposite direction that you had them before.

Also, while some people can comfortably sleep on these many cannot. If you (like me!) can't sleep on rollers just place the rollers in places where your head won't be hitting the pillow. I'm a side sleeper, so I put all of mine either just on top of my head (I'll pull my hair up into a ponytail first and put rollers in the tail) or on the top and back. If you're a back sleeper you might put them on either just the top or on the top and sides. Rolling this way may mean that your curls will start further away from the scalp than if you put them all over, but that's the look many people prefer anyway.

I've tried many no-heat curl and wave methods over the past year and this is easily my favorite. It's the fastest/easiest for me to do at night, easiest to customize, and the most reliable. I enthusiastically recommend this method to everyone and Conair's rollers in particular. I've bought similar rollers from Sally's but I don't like them as much. Conair's are a little stiffer which makes them easier to work with.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by xxch3yxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I must say I'm very disappointed in these. All day I see YouTubers curling their hair with these cute heat-free bendy curlers and come out looking like Taylor swift. I was so excited to try them out. I have very thick medium length hair and it is so hard for me to get beautiful looking curls. I had high hopes that these curlers would turn that all around. Well? I was wrong. It took me 3 tries just to put them all in. The hair falls out SO easily no matter how you twist the curlers. I cannot imagine how someone could stand sleeping in these things! plus it takes 7 freaking hours and your hair is STILL wet. I must say, I will be returning these to the store right away.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I felt compelled to write a review on this product after the amount of hype surrounding these rollers which quite frankly-suck. Everyone on youtube raves about these rollers being the best for heatless curls but the videos I think these belong in are the 'products not worth the hype' type videos, where a sad youtuber sits with her thumb down. I bought these after seeing every youtuber in the world and their cat doing videos featuring these 'special curlers' and thinking just...what the heck..they're only 8 dollars! But I have never regretted $8 more than I did after I used these for the first, second, third, fourth and so on times. The concept for this product is great....wrap your wet hair around these curlers, bend up the ends to keep the hair in place and wake up a Greek Goddess! And while this is all great in theory, this does not work in practice. First of all...you need wet hair for these curlers so when the hair dries, it takes the shape of a curl but after wrapping your hair around these curlers and having it sitting on top of itself when you wake up your hair is still wet! Mind you, I have very, very thick hair so it poses more of a problem for me but come on!....after 10 hours of these uncomfortable rods in my head I want my hair to be freaking dry! Next thing is that these always manage to work their way out of my hair. I have very long hair so it makes literally no sense as to how these come out but they do... and it starts at the ends and works its way up. I don't even have to roll around on them for them to fall out either, I have to simply turn my head or y'know...move after pushing these things so hard to keep them in place. Sometimes I will wake up in the morning and the top hair of my hair will still be in the curler and the bottom half will have come out and I will have this repulsive curl at the roots that lasts until about half way down my hair. The ends just NEVER stay in and there is nothing you can do about it....a bobby pin won't help since there is nothing for it to grab on to. On the days I am lucky enough to get any curls at all, aka those sexy half head curls I talked about above, they are so tight and scrunched and to make them look even half decent requires a whole lot more time and effort than it would with a curling iron. You have to comb, comb, comb for them to not be little scrunches and by the time you've done that your hair is totally frizzed out. So then what you have to do is add a crap tonne of hair spray to keep your entire head of frizz in place. Now when you touch your hair, you feel like you've reached your hand into a bag of potato chips since the sound of that crackle is comparable. I feel particularly silly for buying these after seeing the other girls in those videos do this exact process in their videos but I guess it never really registered that when there were cuts in the videos that you thought were taking you to maybe a second or two later, they had probably cut out about a half hour worth of footage. I absolutely hate these things and believe to my core that they are a horrible product and complete scam. Every now and then I will watch a video a on heatless curls, see someone using these and give it another try as I did last night and wake up in the morning frustrated and angry at myself for giving it another go. I'm definitely going to toss these things, I would never subject anyone else to the fury that these cause me. Worst product in the world. Do not buy these, you will surely regret it.