TheBalm Put a Lid On It

4.4

on 7/2/2015 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my first eyeshadow primer, it works pretty well. I put a little bit on my finger tips and pat it on my eyelids.
The creamy formula makes it very easy to adhere on my sweaty lids, and it does not feel oily at all! My eyeshadows sticks well with this primer, even the powdery matte colours could shows up nicely.
I have been using this for about two to three weeks, and it last pretty well in the day. Would repurchase again.

I love this product! It's smooth, velvety and goes on realy well. Plus you only need a teeny tiny bit to cover your entire eyelid. Therefore, I'll last me for ages. My lids are usually oily, but with this on, they don't get oily at all. I've even tried it out with the worst eyeshadow I have, which normally creases after like an hour or so and it worked! It stayed put!
I recommend. It's my favourite!

on 6/22/2015 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This primer from TheBalm is amazing! For reference, I have oily eyelids: maybelline CT's and MAC PP's crease on me within 3 hours, and L'Oreal infallible e/s also crease within 4-5 hours. My eyelids really need some help to keep my eyeshadows going... Thank God for primers like this one! It has a creamy consistency and comes out of a small spout squeeze tube, which is sanitary by my standards! Once applied, it has a velvety texture and has no color, no scent. When I use this primer, most eyeshadows, whether cream or powder, last on my lids for 14-16 hours without creasing, which is amazing. The only negative feedback I have to give is that the tip of the tube cracked after one month, and now the primer gets dispensed from a crack on the side of the tube! I have used this religiously every day for over 6 months, and I believe I still have at least 50% left. If the packaging were a bit more sturdy, I would repurchase this in no time, or at least be very careful when placing the cap back on the tube...

on 11/18/2014 2:32:00 PM

I love this primer. I bought the Milani one & hated it. Plus it irritated my eyes. Thebalm one keeps my eyeshadow on longer & more vibrant. The consistency is nice. It has no color so it doesn't interfere with the color of your eyeshadow.

on 9/22/2014 2:47:00 AM

The best eye primer I have used!I love this primer and I should note I have rather dry eyelids (normal to very dry) and they get irritated by eyeshadows and dried out by some eye primers and this is very hydrating and glides on my eye area so nicely and smoothly. It's slightly tacky so it makes my eyeshadow adhere to it and it and my eyeliner stay put! I was using Tarte's Clean Slate eyelid primer and Wet n Wild take on the day, they are both very similiar to each other and very drying... which is great if you have oily eyelids, which I used to have but now they are dry. So if you need a hydrating eyelid primer that works wonderfully, try this! I will repurchase, but this tube is gonna last me forever. I got it off amazon for about $8-9, you can also get it off hautelook when thebalm is featured.

on 8/18/2014 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am so excited that this brand is CRUELTY FREE according to their website!!! This is my favorite eye primer I have ever used since it is creamy and hydrates my eyes. This primer is the perfect groundwork for prepping my eyes before I use a paint pot or cream eyeshadow, which I always use before using one of my naked palettes. This tube seemed to last me over a year and I used it everyday. I will definitely repurchase as long as this brand remains cruelty free. My HG eye primer!!!

on 7/10/2014 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Sadly, didn't work for me. I usually use Shadow Insurance, but picked this up as a replacement when I was in Rexall. It doesn't irritate my eyes, but didn't seem to help shadow last longer at all. I tried different methods, like waiting until dry, applying when still tacky with no luck. My eyeshadow always creased or disappeared by the end of the day. Not only that, my lids felt greasy halfway through the day and a dark crease line often appeared. Back to Too Faced!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I'm on my second tube of this. It's a silky, smooth, non-drying eye primer with cute packaging and a very effective product! May not work for oily lids because it is pretty silky. I love it for my dry lids and it keeps shadow in place all day. UDPP was too thick, drying, and "cakey" on my eyes, but this is perfect. If you get it during one of TheBalm's flash sales for 50% off it is definitely worth stocking up.

on 4/10/2014 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is one of those eyelid primers you should try out if you have dry eyelids or non-oily eyelids. You can buy this from Birchbox online or from Amazon Prime for $15 so it's a good buy. It's definitely very moisturizing and velvety like the product says and comes out a yellowish color that blends to clear. Your powdery eyeshadows will stay put once you use this but the more creamy eyeshadows or cream eyeliners will probably smudge or diffuse out because this product can be so moisturizing. I usually wear eyeshadow and then eyeliner and while my eyeshadow stays put and vibrant, my eyeliner disappears within a few hours. It's probably great for more glittery or pigment eyeshadows though. Didn't break out my sensitive skin either.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

So I want to start by mentioning that I have dry eyelids. It is to the point I have to apply eye cream to my eyelids.

But here is the thing if I don't apply eye cream and just put eyeshadow on, after about 2 hours, my shadows flakes off due to dryness, as if there is nothing to cling to on my lids.

If I apply eye cream before putting eyeshadow then it just slides off. So you see my dilemma.

But with this product what I do is, I apply my eye cream then the primer, then I let the primer dry for about a minute as it says on the packaging. After this I do my eye look. (Which is usually a light pink or a bronze color all over the lid, then a soft brown color in the crease, black liquid eyeliner with a wing and lots of mascara.)

The results are ... unbelievable. Firstly, the colors look more vibrant. Then the shadows stay put for hours and I mean I do my makeup at 7:30 am and take it off between 5:00-6:00 pm.

As you see I love the product and when I bought it, it was on sale (%50 off) at my local drugstore. Which was another bonus. When it is not on sale it might be much to some. (At least it is to me.) As for the packaging I love that it is in a tube and not a pot which keeps the product more sanitary although I would love to be able to see how much product I have left in it. So I can get another one when it goes on sale again.

I would recommend it to anyone which has the same problem I have but I can't say anything with someone who has oily eyelids.

Top Rated TheBalm Products