Tarte Powderful Amazonian Clay Pressed Mineral Powder

4.3

on 5/28/2015 3:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Loved this setting powder. Definitely made my skin look smoother after applying. I applied it with my tarte brush. This powder could just be a bit smoother application. Sometimes it would magnify peach fuzz lol. Would definitely recommend anyone looking for a good quality powder, especially for beginners

on 2/16/2015 10:23:00 PM

I love Tarte, and pressed powders are my saviours, but two and two didn't click for me.
I decided to take a break from my regular drugstore powders and splurge on this glamorous thing. I swear, most of that $36 goes to the packaging-- there is little that is more alluring than that gorgeous, woven, plush purple packaging. It was definitely the most show-offy package I've ever seen. The little mirror inside, while not a revolutionary addition, certainly helped to add some utility to this product. The bar was set high; for the price and for my fondness of the brand, I was expecting some damn good results.
What absolutely /killed/ this product was the fact that it oxidized. Horribly. I bought this powder in Fair, which looked great in the packaging. However, it made my face look several shades darker. I am certain that that wasn't the fault of my foundation; I've documented the difference between a dry layer of liquid foundation and dry liquid foundation with the powder. The powder just makes my face look that much darker. It was so unflattering.
This powder is very crumbly, unlike some of, say, Covergirl, who has famously difficult pressed powders. The good news here is that it's easy to pick up with a brush; the bad news, well, it's crumbly! While it doesn't look very cakey, I've had instances where the powder layered on quite noticeably. You really can't be sparing with this product.
Its texture is mediocre- it's not super smooth, yet it's not awkwardly chalky. It's very finely milled. Also, it stayed on for a very impressive time period; I keep my makeup on sometimes for up to 19-20 hours a day, and this powder passes the everyday travails.
Overall, I'm not repulsed by this powder; if I absolutely had to buy it again, I would, but only when I'm more tanned and less prone to having too-dark face. If you have darker skin, then this powder might work for you. But, for now, this pasty student will have to stick to other alternatives.

on 2/1/2015 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this finishing powder. It comes in a compact form with a very nice brush too. It absorbs oil and leaves a silky finish to your face. This is my HG for finishing powders and I would highly recommend it for those with combo/oily skin who want a nice luminous finish to their makeup.

on 8/8/2014 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a nice powder that gives me a natural look and it feels as if I don't have makeup on. I don't think you get enough for the price, but you don't need to use a lot if you are like me and want a natural look with medium coverage.

on 5/22/2014 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Sephora was selling this powder in Walnut online for $5 so I had to jump on it! Apparently I was not alone, it's sold out. The color works perfectly on my NW43 skin tone. Blends very well and does not feel heavy. I feel I can wear the powder by itself or dusted over my foundation and it will not look or feel like a mask. I am all into naturally glamourous beauty and the fact that Tarte has good for your skin ingriedents, I feel even better. I love love the plum packing weave it reminds me of Bottega.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this pressed powder, I would even say that it is my favorite. But the only downside for me is that I think it is overpriced.

on 4/23/2014 10:02:00 AM

I have combination/acne prone skin and I've been looking for a mineral powder that worked good on me. The reviews for this product was so good, so I decided to try it. When I walked into sephora, I asked the lady if I can get my color matched for this product. The makeup artist color matched me with Fair. After I bought it, I was very excited to use it! Before I tried this, I was using Neutrogena Mineral Sheers compact foundation. I regret switching...
The only reason why I had to switch the neutrogena compact oxidizes.

The tarte made me BREAKOUT. I had very clean skin until I uses this. You get barely any coverage from this product. It doesn't even cover my lightest freckle. I hate this product and I will be switching to makeup forever's duo mat powder.

Pros:
-cute purple case

Cons:
-made me breakout
-the price is not worth the product.
-it's messy to use and it will get all over the mirror.
-doesn't cover anything.
-hard to pick a shade.

I will not be purchasing ever. Worst product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am Nc15-20. Warm. The fair is perfect for me but I can see paler peeps having an issue finding a shade. The light was too dark. I love the way it seems to make my skin appear smoother, not super matte but not shiny either. Just great! I can use it on top of a powder foundation to give it that extra evening out of my skin and a lil extra coverage. I would say this is very light coverage but using it over foundation is amazing!!! Will definitely repurchase and I hope they keep making it. The packaging is a bit bulky which is great and sturdy but a little heavy and large. You can probably pop out the powder and put it in another compact but I haven't tried yet. It won't stop me from buying! Love it!!! UPDATE 18/15 have bought back ups of the old one because they reformulated it and I still love the old formula. This thing does not get cakey and is buildable and doesn't break me out!!! By looking at ingredients it seems that the new smooth operator tinted powder is almost identical in ingredients except for two.I am going to test it out and see if it is as good as the old powderful. I felt it and by hand they feel similar too. I am keeping fingers crossed that it will be as good as the old powderful and will not break me out. Also got the tinted smooth operator powder in fair

on 1/21/2014 12:46:00 AM

I really love Tarte and this powder is such a great product. The natural ingredients are so great because I feel like I'm not putting chemicals all over my face. I felt like it lasted pretty long (as long as a powder can last, let's be real) and had ok colors. That's been my only struggle with Tarte stuff, I'm not fair and i'm not light, I'm in between the two colors. I didn't repurchase only because I can't afford it right now, but I definitely will when I have the funds!

on 6/8/2013 6:14:00 PM

After sampling many different face powders over the years and being largely dissatisfied, I am excited to have found this pressed powder. I strayed from pressed powders after high school as they had a tendency to break me out (oil content) and as their powder puffs were not hygienic. I moved on to loose powders, some of which would settle into my pores or else exaggerate fine lines that were not even fine lines yet. Without fail, I would always need to reapply my powder and blot my face because of the grease factor. Even in winter, the powders would cling to my dry or irritated skin and exacerbate the situation. I am amazed to find a powder, let alone a pressed powder, that can remedy all of the above situations. This powder blends in magically with my complexion without exaggerating dry skin or settling into fine lines or pores. It seems to control my oil production somewhat. The most important thing is that it looks very completely natural, although admittedly if I apply too much, I look a bit dry and powdery. I would say this powder offers medium coverage. The price is right for this product because you need very little to set your skincare or makeup routine. I will be using this powder for a long time yet.