October 24, 2014 | 1458 users online

Loose Powders - By Terry - Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 8:59:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best HD/Silica powder I have ever tried! It goes on like silk. It doesn't leave my skin too dull or matte, yet helps to prevent shine/oiliness throughout the day. Not only does it look great in real life, but it photographs beautifully without that awful white cast you can get from a lot of other powders. It doesn't cause any breakouts or irritation. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by SJ1208

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love how this powder sits on my skin. A little goes a long with this product, so I would apply sparingly as alight dust over the face and then go back over places that need a little more mattifying. I like to really press this powder into my skin with a brush ensuring it sets my makeup.

I absolutely hate when powder sets into fine lines and find that this product doesn't do that. It has helped keep my skin hydrated and really complements my foundation (I use Chantecaille Future Skin).

I do find I need a bit of a touch up during the day, but I tend to get an oily t-zone regardless and will look to use a mattifying gel on my t-zone to help with this. But I do love the finish of this powder on my skin, I find it helps to reduce the appearance of pores for a little while. I bought this mainly for the hydrating properties and have felt it has delivered on that front whilst remaining lightweight.

It is a luxurious purchase that will last. I wouldn't want to be carrying this around in a handbag as opening the jar would be an expensive disaster! The packaging could be a little more travel friendly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

For reference I'm nc45 in MAC and golden in Bobbi Brown foundation. I was scared that this powder would leave a white cast on my skin due to my skintone. Ummm....no worries as that was not the case for me. I received it today and out of excitement I decided to use it even though I applied my makeup hours ago. I only poked in about 5 holes instead of completely pulling back the seal. And then I deposited a little product inside the lid. Using my Cargo magic brush (a dense super soft synthetic) I swirled the brush in the lid to pick up product. Oh wow. I saw my enlarged pores disappear before my eyes. Not only that my skin didnt take on the look of being dry and lifeless. A soft matte finish. I live in humid Florida so we'll see how it plays while out and about but my from what I see thus far I absolutely love it.
If you purchase this pricey powder I highly advise that you only poke in 5 holes max with a needle as you only need just smidgen of product and I have a feeling that if the plastic seal is completely removed it will become a mess upon opening. Worthy buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by caz84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

With my oily, acne-prone skin, this powder is the only one I have ever found that doesn't make me break out, looks natural and really does mattify (albeit not for a particularly huge length of time).

By itself, without foundation or concealer, it does make my complexion look 'airbrushed' and basically poreless (pretty difficult to do). It's very fine, non-scented and definitely something I will buy again once I run out; it's fast become one of my daily essentials.

I would recommend applying this with a foundation, as opposed to a 'powder', brush as this product seems to work better with a denser application and it is so 'invisible' that you can put a lot on and not look overly caked-up in make-up.

However, the packaging is atrocious - don't think about even trying to move it around (let along put it in your handbag) as most of the powder ends up in the lid and gets all over the place. This is by far the main thing I think ByTerry should focus on improving.

At 42 it is also fairly pricey, but I bought mine about 6 months ago, use it every day and I reckon I have about another year's worth of usage out of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an extremely fine and light weight powder. It's basically fairy dust without any shimmer. I use it as a shine eliminator / finishing powder and get compliments on my skin when wearing it (doesn't happen normally so I know it's this). It is pricey and the packaging basic and poorly thought out but I still love it. I keep it in my desk drawer and if I use it after work it lasts all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by AMCW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this powder! I've found that I get best results if I use it sparingly - and apply it, as recommended, with a foundation brush.

When first applied it does give the skin a chalky finish but this soon disappears and the skin is soon left silky soft and looking amazing.

(When I'm making an extra effort with my make-up I apply a light dusting of this powder, let it sink in, buff it lightly with a Mac 187 - and then apply a little more).

I've found the staying power to be excellent as I no longer need to powder my T-zone during the day.

The packaging could be better (if I'm travelling too much powder comes to the surface - irritating!) and it is pricey but other than that I'm a convert!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

This is the first day I wear this (just came in via post) - not impressed. This is supposed to be one of those revolutionary products - I just think it went wrong. On application it gives you a white, pasty (matte) coverage - the powder sinks into every little crevice and imperfection. I patiently waited for a miracle to occur, and a gorgeous princess to stare back at me from the mirror.. no princess so far. The powder itself is awesome.. if you can imagine a silky, almost creamy white powder that will cloud around you as you apply (do it before getting dressed), that is what it is like. Compared to LaMer loose powder this one is a joke!

Update July 2013 - I think I get the hang of this now.. after reading blogs online I now use it in two ways: I apply moisturizer, let it sink in and brush (or press with fingers) this powder before foundation.. wait a few minutes before applying foundation. This gives you more hold and a polished look. The other way is to use it to set your makeup: I simply press it on with fingers.. in areas where I would like to cover pores.. (I avoid the under eye area) and it adapts to your skintone.

In all, after having it for 6 months, I would not repurchase. Not that the powder itself isnt good (and powders last so the investment isnt lost) but there are other options that deliver and are more affordable.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No