April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Loose Powders - By Terry - Hyaluronic Hydra Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an extremely fine and light weight powder. It's basically fairy dust without any shimmer. I use it as a shine eliminator / finishing powder and get compliments on my skin when wearing it (doesn't happen normally so I know it's this). It is pricey and the packaging basic and poorly thought out but I still love it. I keep it in my desk drawer and if I use it after work it lasts all night.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by AMCW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this powder! I've found that I get best results if I use it sparingly - and apply it, as recommended, with a foundation brush.

When first applied it does give the skin a chalky finish but this soon disappears and the skin is soon left silky soft and looking amazing.

(When I'm making an extra effort with my make-up I apply a light dusting of this powder, let it sink in, buff it lightly with a Mac 187 - and then apply a little more).

I've found the staying power to be excellent as I no longer need to powder my T-zone during the day.

The packaging could be better (if I'm travelling too much powder comes to the surface - irritating!) and it is pricey but other than that I'm a convert!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

This is the first day I wear this (just came in via post) - not impressed. This is supposed to be one of those revolutionary products - I just think it went wrong. On application it gives you a white, pasty (matte) coverage - the powder sinks into every little crevice and imperfection. I patiently waited for a miracle to occur, and a gorgeous princess to stare back at me from the mirror.. no princess so far. The powder itself is awesome.. if you can imagine a silky, almost creamy white powder that will cloud around you as you apply (do it before getting dressed), that is what it is like. Compared to LaMer loose powder this one is a joke!

Update July 2013 - I think I get the hang of this now.. after reading blogs online I now use it in two ways: I apply moisturizer, let it sink in and brush (or press with fingers) this powder before foundation.. wait a few minutes before applying foundation. This gives you more hold and a polished look. The other way is to use it to set your makeup: I simply press it on with fingers.. in areas where I would like to cover pores.. (I avoid the under eye area) and it adapts to your skintone.

In all, after having it for 6 months, I would not repurchase. Not that the powder itself isnt good (and powders last so the investment isnt lost) but there are other options that deliver and are more affordable.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No