Sephora Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara

3.3

on 3/17/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this mascara for a several weeks now and have to say it is fantastic so far. Got a full size tube with a Sephora brush set, I believe, so didn't have any particular expectations one way or the other. It coats and separates my fine blonde lashes and is one of the few mascaras that I can actually apply multiple coats without clumping or looking phony. The formula is not too wet, and not too dry, with a perfect traditional-style brush. I'm not crazy about the large container, but maybe it will last longer than most tubes (so far, going strong). It is definitely on par with my favorite Maybelline "Full & Soft," but will have to outperform it to overcome the price/availability factors. At around $14, it really isn't too pricey.
PROS: Separates and coats easily and quickly; looks natural; doesn't require wiping off brush prior to application, doesn't clump or flake; fairly easy to wash off
CONS: A bit pricier than drugstore brands & not as readily available; very large tube (maybe they have a travel size!)
BOTTOM LINE: One of my top mascaras so far. Would definitely repurchase.

This is my absolute favorite mascara!!!! It's worth the cost (about $15). It NEVER flakes during the day and my lashes have been healthier since I started using it. I need help with length and volume and this mascara does both. I'm about to repurchase for the 3rd time and I don't think I'll ever try anything else!!

on 2/17/2014 9:15:00 PM

I really love this stuff. I have very fine blonde lashes and this really amps them up like no other mascara I've ever tried. The only downside is that I have to reapply after 4-6 hours. It doesn't want to last all day/night.

on 2/9/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I will be throwing this out after the second use. It took a lot of swipes to get the product onto my lashes. It did lengthen and separate but it also ran quite a bit after only 5 hours.. I was in chilly (FL) weather outside so I'm suprised that it left me with partial racoon eyes. Got this in the holiday mascara kit from Sephora. Glad there are other brands in the kit.

Layers on well. Good length and volume too it. Lot very dark but layering makes it appear darker. You can bend the wire brush if you'd like. Overall happy with it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this and I had really high hopes for this after seeing the 7 actions it is supposed to deliver. They really named this wrong. This did nothing. Nothing. I did not have length and the volume lasted until it dried then they went flat. All it looked like I did was paint the mascara on my lashes so I would have a darker lash. That is not enough of an impact for me to justify using this. I have fine lashes, but they respond really well to mascara with having volume and length so I can assume it was the formula and brush of this mascara for why this did not work for me.

on 4/7/2013 6:28:00 PM

I found that this mascara gives a lot of length to my short lashes. I used Benefit's They're Real Mascara & I hated it, I'll be buying another of this because I LOVE it.

on 3/13/2013 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've only used a sample of this for the last month, but so far I LOVE. This gives me amazing volume without the crunch, and I love how I can layer and layer this on. I don't have to wipe the brush first too, like I have to do with just about every mascara. Give it a try!

on 3/10/2013 10:14:00 AM

I was so excited to get a sample of this. I am so glad I did not pay for it. Did nothing. Looked almost as if I was not even wearing mascara. Will not buy. Into the garbage it goes.

on 1/9/2013 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

At first I was excited about this mascara, but after using it for a month-month and a half, my eyes got sensitive. They were itchy and crying a few hours after applying it. Definetely won't purchase again.

Popular Mascaras