November 28, 2014 | 1344 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by vesuvia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love these. I'd stopped wearing mascara a while back because removing it was a pain and - I feared - causing too much wear and tear on the skin around my eyes. All the makeup removal wipes sting my skin; the pads smear remover all over my eyes and are hard to use precisely. These remove my mascara while sparing the sensitive skin around my eyes from exposure to the remover. AMAZING product - I may start wearing mascara again daily because of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I am a fan of Almay makeup removers to begin with and saw these at Ulta right beside them! They are merely for correcting, not for removing makeup in its entirety. This is more of a convenience as opposed to a must-have. One could easily use a q-tip dipped in makeup remover and achieve the same results. These are just pre-filled. Almay often has good sales so I usually pick these up whenever I see them and reach for them from time to time. Very cute and convenient. The packaging is practical as they come in a plastic snap closure case. Check these out, they really come in handy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i buy these over and over again, they work very well for erasing makeup mistakes ( which is what i use it for), not really a remover for all your eye makeup as it is kind of wasteful. i almost always make mistakes when doing my left eye and these are excellent in fixing it up and making it look even with my right eye. very versatile and also great for traveling as well as keeping a pack in your purse

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is nice to bring on vacation or to stick in your purse for a makeup emergency. It's not really something that I would buy for removing makeup every day because I have to use around 4 to remove my eye makeup, and there are only 24 in a box. The concept is really cool though and it's kind of fun to snap them and watch the liquid go down to the other side. I will probably purchase these again when I see Almay on sale because they are a little pricey for 24 glorified q-tips, but they're handy to have and they do work.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by zeaxkr

My eyeline never stay put no matter what I use, so I need to touch up every 3 to 4 hour or so.

So when I saw this product I say I would give it a try.
It's good, and easy to use.
However I think it's bit to pricey.

You can get exactly same result by carrying a cotton swap (I put mine into mentos bottle. You can go look at candy corner and you can easily find suitable container for it) and little bottle of eye makeup remover.
You can just dip the cotton swap in the small bottle (I use the sample bottle I got from makeup counter) and you get virtually same result at much lower price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like these makeup removing sticks. They're super convenient to use and to travel with, they quickly and easily remove my stubborn eyeliner (MAC Technakohl), they don't leave a residue behind the way silicone-based makeup removers do, and they don't irritate my eyes. As far as I am concerned, they are perfect.

Ingredients: Water, poloxamer 184, butylene glycol, cucumber fruit extract, aloe leaf extract, green tea extract, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, sodium trideceth sulfate, hexylene glycol, citric acid, diazolidinyl urea, phenoxyethanol. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Almay calls their relatively new Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks "perfect for effortlessly erasing mistakes during applicator without disturbing the rest of your makeup. These easy to use, soft cotton swabs are individually filled with the best selling Almay Oil Free Makeup Remover formula." These hand little sticks are Allure Award winners. So why aren't we hearing more bloggers talking about them? I think it's because a lot of people think they're gimmicky. I certainly did at first, but curiosity got the best of me and I grabbed a 24 pack at Ulta for $4.29, and now I can't stop using them! Almay promises no oily residue from these little tools. Almay is a hypoallergenic brand that is great for those with sensitive skin and eyes. Almay does not test on animals. This product was made in the USA.
Almay really had the consumer in mind when they designed their Makeup Eraser Sticks packaging. It's sturdy, compact, and portable! I really appreciate that. These makeup removers come in cardboard outer packaging. Plenty of product info, directions, and ingredients can be found on the back. The sticks themselves come in a very purse or makeup bag friendly compact. The back of the compact offers a diagram and written instructions on how to use these sticks. The packaging is part of what makes this product fantastic.
Almay's Makeup Eraser Sticks are so easy to use and entirely mess-proof. Each stick looks like your average, every day Q-Tip, bit with a clear stick portion halfway full of liquid makeup remover. One of the cotton buds is marked with a purple band. This end snaps off, and all of the oil free makeup remover rushes down into the other cotton bud, moistening it thoroughly. Each Almay Makeup Eraser Stick contains just enough fluid to remove a few smudges, flakes, or that little bit of eyeliner that sometimes hangs around til the next morning. Unless you only wear a tiny swipe of eyeliner, you can't depend on this product to remove all your makeup, nor should you, Almay is pretty specific that these are just meant for touch ups. As promised, these sticks leave no oily residue at all, so you can apply makeup over the same area immediately if you wish. I feel like the oil free makeup remover also imparts a little bit of moisture into the skin, which is always a good thing for the eye area.
So what makes Almay's Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks worth buying? I mean we all have makeup remover and q-tips at home. That's kinda the thing. Taking a bottle of makeup remover and a handful of q-tips everywhere you go is impractical and potentially messy. Each Makeup Eraser Stick is perfectly portioned to take care of just a couple imperfections, and I can't see how you could make a mess with these. If you're prone to smudgy makeup, you need these in your life! For $4-6 for 24 sticks, you are paying for convenience, but to me it's so worth it! I've used half of my Makeup Eraser Sticks during the testing process. I may relegate the rest of them to my purse or coat pocket so that I can use them when I'm out. I recommend Almay's Oil Free Makeup Eraser Sticks to anyone who tends to experience smudging or just likes to keep their makeup looking fresh and sharp. I love the convenience and effectiveness of this product, and the packaging was very well thought out. Good job Almay, you aren't really a brand that I expect innovation from, so I'm doubly pleased!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No