September 21, 2014 | 2023 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Bad bad and more bad.
This was all around bad.
Large wand is ridiculous, formula was too wet, this was a bulky mess. Too pricey for this piece of junk.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by ZannyGirl15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is it, guys.
In the beginning of 2014 I found my HG mascara.
I present to you, Physician's Formula Fake Out Mascara. Hold the applause.
My lashes are thin, fine, and blonde; however, they're also extremely long. This means that the formulas for nearly every mascara on earth is too wet for me and weighs my lashes down.
Fake Out is light with a drier formula than other mascaras and the brush's little silicone bristles really work to separate my lashes so they dont clump.
This would look so natural if only it were to come in a shade of brown :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the intensity of the shade and the results but this can be a very messy mascara if you're not too careful. I find it better than the green version as this doesn't flake as much. Does however smudge so I'd avoid using it in summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by kookielovins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The packaging is soooo cute! And then there's nothing to rave about. It did NOTHING for my lashes except darken them. It also gives serious raccoon eyes if your eyes tear up or if you blink a lot. No thanks.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Sns18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is probably the most used mascara in my collection. The brush is really what makes the difference, since it's made out of plastic instead of bristles you can build up the mascara and put on several coats with out ANY clumps!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Count me as another person puzzled by all the bad reviews. This is a perfectly good mascara, IMO, and if you care about your make up being organic, it is - so extra bonus. It made my lashes look long and dark with no clumps and lasted all day without smudging in humid weather. As a bonus, the packaging is pretty groovy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by makeuplovuhhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why this got so many bad reviews! I love this stuff, it works like a charm. It makes my lashes super long with very little clumps. The price is a bit steep but I would definitely recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by DJCupcakes

Mascaras are the one product I am never faithful to, always looking for something better. I bought this in hopes of finding a decent, "greener" mascara (and more importantly, a cruelty-free one). I like the packaging: it is cute and unique, and I didn't find the cap/handle hard to hold on to. The brush is not my favorite as I'm not fond of the newfangled rubber wands; this one is alright, if excessively large.

The mascara applies well enough and without clumping. There is no smell from the product (I find some mascaras smell downright offensive) and the color is nice and dark. I got decent length and volume out of it - nothing to write home about, but serviceable. (Sadly, conventional mascaras still have this part of the market cornered; natural mascaras have never given me dramatic enough lashes for my taste.) No eye irritation throughout the day.

The staying power is my main gripe with it, though: over the course of the day, it does flake, and I would find little specks of it on my cheeks, nose, under my eyes, etc. It also does have a tendency to smudge a bit on the lower lashline, though I found that less offensive than the flaking. Unfortunately, the flaking was there from the beginning and only got worse as the tube got more and more use. I'm usually able to get about 4 or 5 months of use out of one mascara, but I found this one drying up around 2.5 or 3 months and needing to be replaced.

I'm not the sort of person to want to check my face for mascara flakes every hour, so this isn't for me. However, I can say that it did not irritate my sensitive eyes one bit, and to give it credit, I don't think I've ever found a mascara in a darker black than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by CosmeticIntuition

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara- I don't understand all the negative reviews. The pink/green packaging is very cute, the brush might be a bit awkward for some people to use because of the handle shape, but it adds both volume and length while keeping my lashes feeling soft (I hate mascaras that make make my lashes feel crunchy.)
However, it is not waterproof. This isn't a problem for me.
This product is safe for sensitive eyes and contact-lens wearers. By the way, I got it for $8.74 USD at Walmart.
BUY THIS MASCARA!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

No, no, no. Fake out? False lash look? I think I got April fooled. It's not a HORRIBLE product, but it worked like a defining mascara. This gave me no volume at all. There's not much else to say...it just didn't deliver what it promised. My lashes aren't super long or lush or anything, but they're not bad either and most mascaras do a better job on me. I returned this to the store after one use.