Physicians Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara

2.3

Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Water*, Glycerin*, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Beeswax*, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax*, Tapioca Starch*, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Stearic Acid, Jojoba Esters, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder*, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract*, Ceiba Pentandra Fiber Powder, Cellulose, Nylon-10/10, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract*, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract*, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Water, Glyceryl Caprylate, Leuconostoc / Radish Root Ferment Filtrate May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

It was impossible to apply this mascara without leaving marks on my upper lids!
My eyelashes are completely straight and it didn't give any volume or lifting.
Also, the formula made my sensitive eyes itchy.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

on 6/11/2015 5:50:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this mascara considering it being organic. I tried it out during a 6 hour work shift mind you in air conditioning and it ended up smudging on me. The smudging was weird, it was more of a grayish color than black even tho the mascara is very dark. It also didn't do much for my lashes besides adding a tiny bit of volume. I was disappointed since I like the organic concept but I paid almost $9 for it and there are other mascaras that do a lot more for a lot less. I wonder if the rest of the PF mascaras perform the same.

on 5/13/2015 10:10:00 PM

It's decent mascara but it never dried! My lashes felt sticky all day and in the humidity after the rain it was like I just applied it....WET. Also it stung my eyes BAD! I won't buy this stuff again.

on 4/16/2015 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I really enjoy this mascara, it almost reminds me of clump crusher but without the tube drying up so fast. I really like how this is natural looking and it really seperates each and every lash making my lashes look like i have millions of them. I cant say they lengthen very well, and thicken. But it gives you nice, clean, un-clumped looking lashes. The brush, if you poke your eye with it you might as well wash your whole face off because its gonna sting really really bad. Ive noticed that PF mascaras tend to sting my eyes if they dont fully dry and i poke my eye with the mascara the formula stings bad. But once it dries and you yawn as an ex it doesnt sting your eyes at all. Its such a strange mascara, but i love it. I naturally have thick long lashes, so i really crave that clean look.
But if your looking for big huge thick lashes , this is a no.

UPDATE
So i have had this mascara for awhile and the formula did slightly thicken up a bit, but it still gives me amazing lashes. I believe the ingrediant that makes our eyes sting within the PF mascaras are "orange water". Its the first ingredient normally on the list of ingredients of their mascaras. Basically orange is a citrus fruit, what happens when we accidently squeeze some juice in our eye? It burns. Exactly whats going on with this mascara, id probably have to go one star less just because when you accidently get some of the formula on your eye , it really burns. But the lashes are amazing from this, still has that same clean look, just with a thicker look.

Very surprised at the poor reviews of this product, because I'm really enjoying it. I love that the formula is dryer rather than wet, it applies great, makes my lashes dark and full, and doesn't clump at all. I knocked off one lippie because it does take more coats than other mascaras, but hey, that's no big deal for me. plus I love the cute pink leaf packaging!

on 2/27/2015 9:47:00 PM

I don't know how or why anyone would ever like this product after trying it.

For starters, even with multiple coats, it looked like I barley had any mascara on. It was hard to tell that I had any on. Then comes the flakes. So the very little bit of mascara that was on my lashes, are now around my eyes.

There are so many cons I was going to type, but other reviewers covered everything. Just do not buy it, and you'll save yourself the frustrations I had to deal with. I threw it out after my third attempt.

on 2/27/2015 9:31:00 PM

Although it is a decent mascara, it is definitely not for everyone.

Pros:
Gives a decent volume/curl/length to the lashes.
Looks very natural.
Does not feel heavy - lashes feel very soft and you can still move/bend them with the product on.

Cons:
The brush is plastic (not my fav) and is rather large, so it is not comfortable to apply to lower lashes.
It is NOT waterproof - so don't cry, scratch your eyes, etc.
It flakes.

Overall, if you are going for a very natural look this might be OK. Otherwise, skip it!

on 2/18/2015 10:06:00 PM

Doh - should have checked the reviews before buying this one. Save your money. I've tried the Organic mascara from Physician's Formula in the past (the one in the green tube) and was underwhelmed. But I'm trying to go all natural in my makeup (once again) and decided to give this a try.
Just applied and am seriously underwhelmed. I am asian with sparse longish lashes. This didn't do very much, other than start to clump when I tried to apply a bit more.
You can barely tell I'm wearing anything - for $15 CDN I feel seriously ripped off. I think I may be done with 'natural' mascaras for now.
Edit: tried wearing this all day and it left the worst smudges under my eyes!!! Really think this needs to go in the trash! Argh what a total waste of money!!

on 2/15/2015 11:41:00 PM

Smears like crazy. Had smudges on upper lids on a very cold and dry day. Took back. Don't buy.

on 1/11/2015 5:47:00 PM

This mascara is very natural, so I will give Physicians Formula that. The wand is bulky, kind of like the Cover Girl lash blast wand. I didn't find that to be a problem, however the fact that in less than an hour of wear this stuff smudged all over is a big no no. It is not worth the price. I threw it out after trying it for about a week. No thanks, my under eye circles are bad enough without the help of this mascara.