November 23, 2014 | 1630 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum' Express

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

because the falsies gives me the false eye effect, comparing it to others is hard. this didn't give me much volume, not much length... very average. wears well, but other than that im not impressed with the results . not bad, but not worth praising.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by glittergatkes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Basically this is the Platonic ideal of mascara: dark, volumizing, rarely flaky, easy on, easy off. I'm on my third tube and we are going to live happily ever after, the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by CreativelyInsane

This is over all the BEST mascara I've ever owned. Doesn't clump up ur lashes. It makes them longer, stronger and very dark. 10/10 THE BEST.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by joolieboya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has been my go to mascara for about two years now. I have naturally super long lashes so it gives the perfect amount of volume by keeping them separated. One tube lasts awhile too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by SmokeySings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

A decent mascara. I have this in 2 colors. Wears nicely throughout the day. No smudging or flaking. It's not too wet. Can be a touch difficult to remove, and this is not even the waterproof formula. Gives nice volume, but can be a touch clumpy. But is easy to work with and can get it not to clump. Does not make my eyelashes feel dry nor does it bother my eyes. Just a pretty decent mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by LaLa6699

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara does not give length or a ton of volume. All I notice is that my lashes look a tiny bit fuller and darker. Also the brush on this thing is as stiff as all get out.
I am not going to lie, if you are to rough, it can be uncomfortable to apply this stuff.
With that being said, it does a GREAT job of combing through my lashes and seperating them perfectly.
If you ar going for longgg and thick black lashes, this mascara will not give you that. It's just the truth.
However, it is nice for those days that you want to pull off a natural no makeup look.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Kaitlynenglot

Clumps up my lashes like nothing else. Very disappointed with this mascara, I was expecting better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by FeminineWoman

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Another top notch mascara made by Maybelline. I have worn Illegal Length Fiber Extensions Mascara for years, and recently purchased The Rocket Volum' Express on a whim - color brownish black.

Rocket Volum' Express separates and lengthens my short upper lashes. Never knew my lashes could look so lush.

When I swipe the wand on the mascara container opening to remove excess product, do not have a lot of excess remaining at the top of the container opening, which is a plus because one won't have excess mascara overcoating and clumping on lashes.

Reviewers have mentioned this isn't an easy mascara to remove. It might not be the easiest, but it isn't impossible. I gently rub a cotton ball with baby oil on it over eyelashes, and then proceed with Albolene makeup remover over face and lashes.

Highly recommend this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Sancha82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was previously using Dior iconic Overcurl and let me tell you this $6 tube of the rocker blows that $30 Dior out of the water! I have long eyelashes but they tend to fall flat, the rocket holds the curl all day and I've been asked many times if I'm wearing falsies. I can even use this without curling my lashes and you would never know. I use the waterproof one and its a little hard to remove but coconut oil works great. Def my HG mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the waterproof version...which is usually my "go to" formula. Waterproof, for me, holds the best and lasts the longest. I bought this on a whim while grocery shopping. I've read the good things on here and online...so I thought, for $6, why not?

It's not much for volume. Which is fine with me. When I apply masacara, I want to see length, curl and separation. I applied this after curling my lashes. Then I let each coat (used 3) dry before applying another. My lashes turned out curled, long and separated.

EDIT 11/19/14: My love for this mascara is over. The first 3 initial uses, it was great. However, I've noticed that this mascara has actually cause my lashes to break. I now have a section of "short" lashes I have to fill in with a fiber powder until they grow back. Tossed this one and on to the next...