October 25, 2014 | 1659 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - sweet indulgence

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by jabonsu76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This pallet offers lots of options. It has a multitude of grear colors to work with. My favorites are honeymoon and copper peony. I would have never though greens would work on me, but using pastille and nice stems on the lid with some brown on the crease looked beautiful with my hazel eyes!
My only complaints on this palette are that the blushes are a bit on the sparkly side and the container is REALLY bulky. I am leaving for vacation next week and will not plan on taking this because its just too big...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I paid full price for this at Sephora, and overall, I'm very pleased with it. Although the price tag is a bit high, you get a tremendous amount of product for the money. The shadows are pigmented, smooth and blendable, although the absence of any matte shades may be a dealbreaker for some. The brush is surprisingly good, and the blush/bronzer/highlighter shades are terrific. I'm glad I bought it, although I'm a bit peeved, seeing it now on clearance on Sephora's website for $39 when I paid $52!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

I usually love Too Faced products and this is no exception. The eyeshadows were a lot bigger than I expected which is awesome. The pigmentation is (as usual) AMAZING. The color selection is great. I LOVE the bronzers/blushes/highlight they included. It comes with a full sized shadow insurance...I will probably use it but it is not my favorite.

The packaging is also adorable...I will so be keeping this tin when the makeup is long gone.

Now the reasons I only gave it 4 stars is...there are really no Matte shades. Truthfully that doesn't bother me too much but as I get older a little matte...well it does me well lol. Also I am REALLY pale so the blushes/bronzers work awesome on me but I could see them being not so flattering on deeper skin tones. Oh and I HATE when companies include the little "look" cards in their palettes...I never use them, they take up space and I would rather they just knock a dollar off the price and save me the time of pitching them in the trash.

Overall, nice palette....a little big for traveling but definitely something I don't regret buying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

The first thing I noticed about this palette is how adorably it is packaged. It comes in a large pink tin with Too Faced written in gold manuscript on the front. The top layer is a sturdy cardboard filled with eye shadows and when you remove it, there are blushes, bronzers, highlighters, primer insurance, and a brush underneath. The tin really is precious, but it is so large and bulky that it would be extremely inconvenient to try to take this with you anywhere. It takes up a lot of space on my vanity. With that being said, overall I really enjoyed this palette. The eye shadows come in a range of colors and are nothing special quality and color wise, but still can pull off some decent looks. Both the blushes included are fantastic! The shades are really beautiful and I can see them flattering any skin tone. The bronzers are high quality as well, even though I'm not much of a bronzer girl. The candlelight highlighter is also a nice powder highlighter that gives a pretty glow to the face. The including brush is really useful and of course the shadow insurance eye primer is one of the best primers out there. Overall, I feel like you really get a lot of product in this palette and a wide range of colors. I really liked this palette!! Although it is not a home run, I would recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by natalie143

I picked this up at Sephora for $52. This set includes a full sized Shadow Insurance primer, my favorite eyeshadow primer, so that hooked me in.
Regarding the packaging, it's not my favorite. I wish they hadn't chosen a bulky tin with two removable layers. Yes, everything fits in nicely, but it's a nuisance to whip it out just to get one shadow or one of the blushes. It's not HUGE, but it definitely takes up space on my vanity.
As for the eyeshadow colors, they look vibrant and pretty in the tin. However, some do not transfer well onto the lid, even with a base and the primer. No matter what brush I use, I have noticed major fallout with many of the colors. I don't think it was necessary for Too Faced to insert giant chunks of glitter into a few of the shadows. "Peach Fuzz" is a pretty nude color that I'd like to use, however, it looks too glittery. There are two matte shades in the palette that work beautifully, though.
Although the eyeshadows are sort of mediocre, the blushes are awesome. I'm not a bronzer girl, but I presume that I'll be using them as eyeshadow colors in place of the silly glittery browns. The highlighter is okay, just make sure to use the right brush.
Overall, it's a decent set. If you already have the previous Too Faced holiday editions, I would pass because there are so many repeats.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by blackattire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Sephora for about $50.
You get a lot of stuff: 16 eyeshadows, 2 blushes, a tube of primer, 2 bronzers, a highlighter and a special brush. It also comes with 3 little cards that explain how to pull of a certain look using some of the products inside.
As far as colors go, there is a nice array of colors in the eyeshadow including a white and a slightly shimmery black.
I've only used the black (Black Sugar) and deep red (Cherry Cola) so far and, when paired with the primer, lasted properly. Although, like someone else said, a lot of the colors are pretty light even with a few layers. I think this item is hit or miss, with some colors being better than others.
However, I will say the primer worked fantastically for me.

This isn't terrible but my not be up to snuff for a lot of people. If you want to risk it then I can't say you will definitely be disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by molgina

This product was a huge disappointment. The eye-shadows look beautiful in the palette but are not pigmented. When applied they look like a shimmery wash of color, maybe this would be nice for a young teen. For reference I used Urban Decay eye-shadow primer underneath. I really wanted to like this product but I'm going to be returning it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2012 3:07:00 AM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Too faced sweet indulgence palette is a multifunction palette that includes 16 eyeshadow, 2 blushes, 1 highlighter, 2 bronzers, 1 full sized primer and a brush. The cost of this product was close to $70 Australian dollars, which when summed up is a pretty good bargan that was hard for me to resist. When the product first arrived and unpackaged what i had in front of me was a large pink tin that looked somewhat like a chocolate tin, needless to say it looks very pretty on the outside. When you open the tin you re greeted with 16 eyeshadows layed out on a removable layer of very thick and hard cardboard. When you pull out the eyeshadows you find another layer that holds your blush and highlighter, primer and brush. Now onto the products themselves. After swatching all the shadows I was dissapointed to see that they were not as highly pigmented as I was expecting them to be. All of the eyeshadows themselves are very soft and crumbly. Once applied to the eye I find that they are even less pigmented then they were in the swatch. The shadows are very crumbly so they do leave a large amount of fall out if you do not tap them off. The palette contains a huge array of different colors, from pinks and coppers, to blues and greens and even some bronze. One major problem I have with this palette is the lack of matte shadows, out of 16 shadows there are only 2 mattes and they are both very basic colors, an off white matte and brown with ashy undertones. The rest of the shades are glitter and shimmer packed. Basically you will never be about to create a complete eyeshadow look with this palette, well not a very professional looking eyeshadow look in my opinion. I wanted this palette predominately for the eyeshadow and I feel very disappointed with the quality and finish of the majority of them. Moving on to the blush, we have one bubblegum pink blush and one peach blush. Both I feel have some shimmer to them, they are both smooth and apply and blend nicely. The bronzers included in this palette and both very pretty and of high quality. Sun bunny light is light enough to be used as a blush and bronzer in one, it contains little gold shimmers in it, It reminds me of NARS laguna bronzer definitely in the same colour family. The exclusive bronzer included is much to dark for my skin tone but it is very smooth and does blend nicely, it is a completely matte bronzer. The highlighter included in this palette is too faced candlelight, it is defiantly not my cup of tea as it really does show up any enlarged pores due to the glitter in the product. All in all if you are a person who does not own a lot of too faced products like myself this palette is a great way to try alot of them out for a relatively cheap price. Everybody has there own likes and dislikes so I am not out to bash this product, what i dislike might be something that someone else loves