July 31, 2014 | 1033 users online

Shampoo - Fudge - Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by threearmsally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh boy, this stuff is super pigmented! It does stain your hands, but it's usually gone by the time I'm finished showering so it doesn't matter to me. It also doesn't stain my shower or my sink, it wipes away easily. The consistency is really thick and the color is a deep blue-ish purple. It smells very good, not too far from vanilla.

This shampoo is very strong. I have pale blonde hair (level 9-10-ish) and the first time I used it I left it on for four minutes and most of my hair was a blue-ish grey. Three shampoos later it was back to normal though (thank god!). I find that this shampoo is a little hard to use, because it is so strong. It makes the palest parts of my hair white in a minute, but the more yellow-y parts don't tone that fast. Because of this it makes my hair a little uneven. This shampoo is great to have for emergencies though - because it really works - and I will probably buy a new one when I run out.

You get 300ml in the bottle, which will last you a long time because you won't need this shampoo very often. The price is also pretty great compared to other toning shampoos of the same quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by AmyLala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Holy crap this works amazingly and doesn't dry out your hair!! What I do is, I first wash my hair with some cheap John Frieda toning shampoo to get my hair bubbled and soaped up the I pour a bit into my hand and slosh it all around my hair evenly, and leave it in while I wash myself (3-5 mins) and wash it out, use my favourite conditioner (doesn't have to be toning) and wella!! I finish with platinum, shiny hair without the tangles :) I wish I found this sooner!!!! (This will not work on orange brassy hair, only light yellow.. You will need to get your hairdresser to bleach your hair more to get you hair to a light yellow to achieve a platinum colour with this shampoo). I love my hair it is white and shiny and so pretty with this shampoo :)) 5 stars! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

This pretty much does the trick. A very intense violet shampoo, it definitely does what it says it will do. I'm no stranger to these violet shampoos as my blonde can get brassy a few weeks after its been coloured.

This is NOT for the faint at heart. It packs a powerful punch. I've tried so, so many, Matrix, Pantene, L'oreal..you name it, I tried it. Nothing worked as well as this does. My hairdresser recommended this Fudge one, and sold me the 1litre pump bottle for just $30. This was over 2 years ago and im still getting through it.

Dont leave it on too long or you will get some purple highlights ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by neevebabyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the past 12 months i've been gradually changing my hair colour from black to a very light ashy blonde, i have been trying out different purple shampoo's for months to use when my hair starts to look brassy and golden and to get it back to looking like how it does when i walk out of the salon

I've tried the Toni & Guy, John Frieda, L'Oreal and Clarisol purple shampoo's and none of them have really completely toned and got rid of all the brassiness in my hair

I decided to pick up the Fudge Violet toning shampoo after seeing a review on youtube and oh my gosh this stuff is absolutely amazing!

It's the most deepest, darkest purple shampoo i've ever tried. It's very, very strong so I wouldn't recommend using it every time you wash your hair, it also can leave your hair with lavender streaks for a couple of days if you leave it in too long or if you don't wash it out completely. Personally I only use this shampoo once a week, I leave it in for about 5-7 minutes then rinse it out, then apply the conditioner and my hair comes out looking white blonde.

I picked the 300ml bottle up at Priceline for $15.99 which is an amazing deal because it will last me aaaages. I definitely recommend this to all the blondies out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by ejrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This toning shampoo is perfect! I've spent months going from naturally dark brown hair died bright red (eek!) to a light blonde and it's been almost impossible to get the red/orange/yellow tones out of my hair and this finally did it!
My only criticism is that lighter parts of my hair have turned lilac if I leave it in too long as it's very strong, but that's mainly my fault!
I would buy a million times again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by jlifeaddict

I have asian hair that has been lightened to light ash brown and medium ash blonde. Product works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this shampoo!! I was using De Lorenzo's purple shampoo which was $25 for 125ml this comes in a whopping 250ml for slightly less ($23) and I can honestly say I'm never going back to my De Lorenzo. The only thing the fudge shampoo has that's better than the silver fusion (other than the price - quantity ratio) is that the fudge doesn't leave my hair feeling dry, it actually feels really smooth. I do still follow with a treatment, because as all my fellow blondes out there know; it needs it... Overall a great product that I will continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Gwiglet

Ladies, if you want white or silver hair this is for you. The best purple shampoo on the market in my opinion and I have tried them all! Makes your hair shiny not dull like a lot of cheaper ones tend to, very very strong so knocks the yellow tones out after about 10 mins of having it on, I use it as a toner for my roots! :) but the bigger bottles from ebay much better value.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by roxysurf15

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is one powerful purple shampoo. Be careful to not leave it in for too long because you will have purple hair. My ends are over toned so i need to be careful to only get the toner around my rots area only. Its amazing stuff, great price and gives me that nice shimmery blonde tone look..warning once again its really strong stuff so be careful around your most blondest bits and wash your hands asap. it doesn't dry my hair out tooo much wither however i really am avoiding my ends the best i can when using this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Hizzaymizzay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have bleached white blonde hair (coming naturallly from light brown). I bought this violet shampoo as I was told it was stronger than other more expensive violet shampoos.
I have fine hair and find this shampoo absolutely horrible to use. I can leave it on my hair for as little time as necessary, follow up with a normal conditioning shampoo afterwards and STILL have purple patches on my hair (usually around my temples).
I find this shampoo INCREDIBLY drying. I'd believe it to be necessary to follow up with a deep conditioning hair treatment or conditioner if you want to be able to comb through your hair while it's wet/drying. If you're using this shampoo regularly a deep conditioning treatment would be very necessary.
The packaging itself is big (300ml) which is good for being only $20 (in Australia), but I find it leaks a lot and is very staining.
Although I haven't tried any other violet shampoos yet, I wouldn't recommend this to others, and I probably will be throwing this in the bin and looking into buying something else.
I have my hair toned so I find violet shampoo not necessary to be a frequent thing in my hair routine, and definitely not a violet shampoo as strong as this one.