April 21, 2014 | 1235 users online

Shampoo - Fudge - Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by ejrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This toning shampoo is perfect! I've spent months going from naturally dark brown hair died bright red (eek!) to a light blonde and it's been almost impossible to get the red/orange/yellow tones out of my hair and this finally did it!
My only criticism is that lighter parts of my hair have turned lilac if I leave it in too long as it's very strong, but that's mainly my fault!
I would buy a million times again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by jlifeaddict

I have asian hair that has been lightened to light ash brown and medium ash blonde. Product works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:37:00 PM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this shampoo!! I was using De Lorenzo's purple shampoo which was $25 for 125ml this comes in a whopping 250ml for slightly less ($23) and I can honestly say I'm never going back to my De Lorenzo. The only thing the fudge shampoo has that's better than the silver fusion (other than the price - quantity ratio) is that the fudge doesn't leave my hair feeling dry, it actually feels really smooth. I do still follow with a treatment, because as all my fellow blondes out there know; it needs it... Overall a great product that I will continue to repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Gwiglet

Ladies, if you want white or silver hair this is for you. The best purple shampoo on the market in my opinion and I have tried them all! Makes your hair shiny not dull like a lot of cheaper ones tend to, very very strong so knocks the yellow tones out after about 10 mins of having it on, I use it as a toner for my roots! :) but the bigger bottles from ebay much better value.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by roxysurf15

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is one powerful purple shampoo. Be careful to not leave it in for too long because you will have purple hair. My ends are over toned so i need to be careful to only get the toner around my rots area only. Its amazing stuff, great price and gives me that nice shimmery blonde tone look..warning once again its really strong stuff so be careful around your most blondest bits and wash your hands asap. it doesn't dry my hair out tooo much wither however i really am avoiding my ends the best i can when using this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Hizzaymizzay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have bleached white blonde hair (coming naturallly from light brown). I bought this violet shampoo as I was told it was stronger than other more expensive violet shampoos.
I have fine hair and find this shampoo absolutely horrible to use. I can leave it on my hair for as little time as necessary, follow up with a normal conditioning shampoo afterwards and STILL have purple patches on my hair (usually around my temples).
I find this shampoo INCREDIBLY drying. I'd believe it to be necessary to follow up with a deep conditioning hair treatment or conditioner if you want to be able to comb through your hair while it's wet/drying. If you're using this shampoo regularly a deep conditioning treatment would be very necessary.
The packaging itself is big (300ml) which is good for being only $20 (in Australia), but I find it leaks a lot and is very staining.
Although I haven't tried any other violet shampoos yet, I wouldn't recommend this to others, and I probably will be throwing this in the bin and looking into buying something else.
I have my hair toned so I find violet shampoo not necessary to be a frequent thing in my hair routine, and definitely not a violet shampoo as strong as this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 8:48:00 AM More reviews by darthjaeder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

if you are platinum blonde and are seeking white clean toned hair - this is for you!!!!! I've tried it all but I found with other violet shampoos I would have to tone my hair with a toner after bleaching. that was until I found this! I bleach rinse my hair and leave this on for 2-3 minutes and its bright and white. so many compliments. ill use this probably once a week and a small tube lasts me months! but be warned if you use too much and leave it on too long some parts of your hair may go violet hehe

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by xclusive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am surprised this product doesn't have many reviews too! I am a bleached blonde and because my hair is naturally almost black I had a lot of orange/brassy tones during the 2 month process. I used to use Joico purple shampoo but it was out of stock so the assistant recommended this instead. I love it! The packaging, the price, the amount of product you get and the results are all worth it. I use this about 2 times a week for about 4 minutes each time and it always leaves my hair the perfect shade of blonde. I got my roots touched up yesterday and when I told my hairdresser I use this she said no wonder my blonde looked so nice -at her old salon they were always sold out of this. I would have never thought to buy this if Joico wasn't out of stock. It was meant to be, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

How come this doesn't have more reviews??? In my experience, it's the only toning shampoo that actually works!
I'm a bottle blonde, and always strive for that light ashy baby blonde, which I'm trying to achieve without actually bleaching my hair. I'm naturally a light brown, and use the lightest ash hair color (currently from One N Only), which is able to lift my hair to the shade I want. But because my hair pulls red, it tends to go brassy very fast, which is why I need to use a toning shampoo.

I've tried so, so many. A/G, Matrix, Pantene, Shimmer Lights...you name it, I tried it. Nothing worked. Then someone on the Hair Board recommended this Fudge one, and I ordered it on eBay, for a decent price.

As opposed to other toning shampoos, you can tell it's working, because the hair looks as if it has hair color in it, once you lather this on. On the bottle they advise to leave it on for up to 5 minutes - I left it for 3 minutes, rinsed, and my hair looked exactly the way I wanted it to, bits of it almost white, most of it a nice beige, and there was very little yellow left! I imagine if I leave it on for the full 5 minutes the effect is going to be stronger, so I'll do that next time.

The scent is pleasant, hard to describe, but very subtle, and another thing that impressed me is that the shampoo is absolutely not drying at all, actually it leaves my hair in excellent condition!

I already threw away all my other toning shampoos, because I know I will stick with this one from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2012 5:10:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Holy Cow! This pretty much does the trick. A very intense violet shampoo, it definitely does what it says it will do. I'm no stranger to these violet shampoos as my blonde can get brassy - and as I age, and get more grey, using a toning shampoo that prevents brassiness helps sort of blend everything together so that my grey is significantly less noticeable. Or maybe that's just what I think.

This is NOT for the faint at heart. It packs a powerful punch. I've tried many a brand and my next in line fave is the Joico Violet. As with the Joico, the "warning" I've heard out there is that it dyes your hands purple; mind you, I'm a major cynic when it comes to such things (seriously, could they sell something if we all walked around looking like we had an ink accident?). Joico didn't but this did. That is when I realized this stuff is powerful. To be fair, I shampoo at the beginning of my shower so by the time I'm done, any violet cast is long gone from my hands. Anyway, the purpose of this is to simply say: it's by far the strongest I've tried so proceed with caution.

The Pros: it works (really well), it is not nearly as drying as other violet shampoos (as a matter of fact, hardly drying).

Cons: it's potent (so be careful how long you leave it in) and I'm not mad about the smell (but most people like it; I prefer Joico's delicate floral whereas this is a warmer, vanilla-ish/amber type of smell - which is not my fave). The latter doesn't bother me as much because, as I use a different conditioner, the smell doesn't linger on me.

The tube is large so you get value for money. I use quite a bit but I do have long hair (mid back). Instructions say 1-5 minutes and I would suggest no more than 1x per week and then see, start with - say - 3 minutes and work down/up depending on how well it works for you. Last time I left it in too long, my hair DID NOT turn violet but I could see a cast to it (although nobody else would notice, I swear - I was really looking for it!).

Long review summarized: recommended. Probably one of the best violet shampoos out there. Keeps my blonde clean and fresh. No brassy blonde here!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No