October 24, 2014 | 906 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Dream smooth primer

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Aaaugusta

I have been using benefits porefessional for a long time and i decided to try and find something cheaper. I saw this and thought it looked good and it was on sale so i bought it. When i tried it, it felt really nice but after an hour it started to melt off my face. It made my skin look super oily and greasy and did absoloutly nothing for the staying power of my foundation. I decided to give it one more chance and when i applied it, it just made my face shiny and almost wet. It was so hard to apply anything on my face. I didn't want my money to go to waste so i tried using this as an eyeprimer. It was terrible and made my eyeshadow look horrible. Maybe its just me since a lot of people like this but i really wouldnt recommend this. Maybe if you have dry skin this would work but definitly not if you have oily skin. Also i hate that this is in a glass container.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Rahila520d

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I suffer with dry flaky skin and I much prefer silicone/gel based primers despite what some makeup artists say (silicone based primers apparently arent for those with dry skin according to a bobbi brown MUA I met). Anyway, I bought this on a whim whilst frantically searching for a silicone/gel based primer after the normal one I used was discontinued. I have to say I am pleased with my purchase and when it finished, I tried the maybelline baby skin pore eraser but ended up purchasing this again! It gives my skin a satin smooth dreamy texture which my foundation seems to like! I also feel it has good staying power and stops my makeup from sliding or setting into cracks. I definately would buy again but its a shame that the price is quite steep. GREAT BUY OVERALL.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by danafranuby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Right, first time I came across this product, I decided to let it go inches from the checkout counter, because I thought the price was quite steep for the size of the tub. Second time round, I found it at a clearance sale on half price, so I jumped at the opportunity to try it out. I must say, the packaging is adorable and certainly draws you closer to it, and despite the amount in the tub (i.e. 7ml) it turns out, a little goes a long way.

The primer is in a gel like form and the key factor is that it is transparent in colour. It's odourless, it's has a very smooth and filmy texture and it goes onto the skin with a light feeling. It leaves the skin feeling very silky, upon application, but this feeling wears away within a minute, or so. As I mentioned above, a little goes a long way, so avoid using too much.

In general, I found this primer to be very effective. I don't use foundation, but I do wear a lot of eye shadows and blushes, as well as BB creams from time to time. I live in Australia were temperatures rise to 46 degrees C/114 degrees F, so make up melting off of your face is one of your biggest concerns. I found this primer lasted the entire day and kept my make up smooth and intact, despite the heat and my oily skin.

I found it easier to blend make up onto the skin with the smooth and silky texture that this primer has on the surface of your skin, especially with my eyeshadows. It definitely minimises the pores and smooths skin. I do however, do not like how hard it is to apply my eyebrow pencil to my brow, when this primer is on, so I generally avoid applying primer over my eyebrow. Anything in the form of pencil and this primer, do not go together.

To be honest, I would recommend this primer to a friend, but I most likely will not use it again, only because I love to experiment and have a long list of primers to try, not that I did not enjoy my experience using this fantastic product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Missnikki1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a whim when I was browsing the make-up isle a few days ago.
I loved the feel of the gel on the back of my hand when trying the tester, and on sale it had been around $12-$13 AUD, So I thought that seemed reasonable.
First think I noticed after I opened the little tub was how little gel you actually got.
Luckily I didn't need to use much, and the gel was really easy to spread.
This stuff feels amazing when first applied, although starts to feel slightly greasy and made me feel a little warm after a minute. It is not overly unpleasant though.
I noticed no real improvement of blemishes without applying foundation, however I get some dryness and flaking between my eyebrows, and it improved this, as well as the flaking next to my nose.

My foundation was really easy to apply (quickly speed), however I found that it caked a little next to my nose where the flaking is, and made the flaking look slightly worse. I think this may have had to do with applying a little too much foundation, and the primer stopping it from absorbing into the skin.
So using the right amount should work perfectly :)
I find the coverage in general looks more natural, and pores are more refined.
Concealer went on smoother and blended better, so it will be interesting to see what the staying power is like.

All in all I found this product good, but I will re-review once I can comment on it's performance throughout the day :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by whatthehype

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Living in Australia there isnt much primers available so i thought i'll try this primer since it was convenient to buy. If there were a much wider range here i wouldnt have purchase this as it only contains 7ml for around $15.95AU.(honestly i dont think its worth it) FIrstly the packaging is hard to use because it is a tiny pot and everytime i drip my fingers in, the primer will get under my nails and its so hard to get the primer off my fingers as it leaves my fingers feeling very greasy.

The good thing about this primer is it gives a nice matte look if you apply it on top of your foundation or alone and it gives a nice feeling on your skin but doesnt do much apart from that.(looks really nice on the nose and helps cover small pores around that area)

This primer doesnt help my dry patches, does NOT blur imperfection and doesnt help my makeup last any longer which is disappointing since it is a primer. Instead it makes the coverage of my foundation more sheer and it causes some dryer foundation/concealer under my eye to move around n rub off easily with its greasy texture when i try to add more coverage.(I tried this on many foundation). It did break me out the first few times i used it but it doesnt anymore. I also heard it causes a lot of people to break out.

Overall, its gives you a nice feeling on the skin and helps a little with your pores but it doesnt do a lot other than that. And the price is way too high. It was interesting to try it out but after i finish this i'll go try others. This primer is very similar if not the same to the 'Maybelline Instant age rewind primer' but that primer is packaged in a tube, contains 25ml and the price is the same if not cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Does absolutely nothing to even skintone. Makes it little smoother to apply fndn. Does not prolong fndn weartime either.
This time higher price does matter since Dior Radiance primer Does the Job.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by LL98

Heard good reviews about this product so I thought I'd give it a go. It's packaging is small and cute. A little goes a long way but I don't recommend you use it if you have oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by chazmummy2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well i had never used a primer before (wasn't to sure to what it was used for) i did alot of research on the internet about primers and came across this. I was a little sceptical about how it would look and how it feels. But after a few attempts and practicea in the mirror. I find it excellent. I find that it makes my skin smoother which is good so it does what it says on the packaging. The finish i find is very nice and healthy looking. My skin around the cheeks is usually the more difficult to make foundation look invisable and natural but since i have used this product my skin has been lovely and smooth instead of dry. I love it.. it feels silky when applied. You dont need need to use alot on your face either just a small peanut size really. I find the price is ok but i expected the glass pot alittle bigger but i would say it will last quite a while so i dont mind at all. Will buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

I was attracted to this primer because it is an extremely thick gel, i thought it would fill in pores and lines but it doesnt do anything, it is so hard to rub in i would smooth it out but 30 seconds later it was needed to be smoothed out again, i doubt this would make your make up last longer due to the consistency, it doesnt really do too much being honest, which is disappointing, if you want smooth skin then do use this, if you have any acne scars or pores this will just sit over it, it wont mask it.
It also sheers out your foundation/concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by completelynumby

OKAY SO this 'Smooth Primer' does what it simply claims - it makes the skin feel exceptionally smooth (great for dry skin).

It does a reasonable job smoothing and blending out my foundation and concealer. A little dollop around the face is just enough.

BUT would I say this has a long-lasting effect? No. My concealer, foundation and pressed powder doesn't stay put throughout the day, and I just end up with an oily face.

I wouldn't buy this again solely for this reason. Not for oily skin!