April 24, 2014 | 1999 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - Vernis 413 Grege

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

Picture OPI's Samoan Sand, then remove the pink tones, and you have Dior's Grege. The color is a perfect MNBB with a slightly (and I do mean SLIGHTLY) grey undertone. It comes out as a beige that isn't too pink or too yellow, like Chanel's beige (a complete yellow mess)

The applicator is a dream, as it picks up a good amount of polish and easily covers the nails. The rounded tip is perfect for getting right up to the cuticle without going overboard and making a mess. And the little bottle looks so chic.

The formula is actually pretty long-lasting! I have never had a polish last more than 5 days on my nails without chipping. So far, the Dior formulas last me about 4-5 days, so that's very pleasant. The color itself is quite pigmented. One coat is a bit streaky, two coats is perfect. Three coats isn't necessary. The finish is glossy. And a definite plus is that it dries farily quickly without a top coat. Like, I'll paint them while watching a 30 min TV show, and by the time the show is done, my nails are completely dry, so they dry in 20-ish minutes.

It's a perfect neutral to wear without worrying about it chipping :) I'm very pleased with this polish and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color and formula + brush are amazing to me.
The brush is similar to some of the ones by Sally Hansen's line - it's thick and short, but offers a nearly foolproof application. Also, the bottle seems really filled, as i barely have to touch my brush inside to get plenty of polish.
The color is called Grege, and that name fits the bill, but i would say it's more beige than Grey. The color is swatched on the site for beauty look book (n/a), and her nails show it as something of a MNBB color. On me, i see a definite contrast and it does show up true to color, even at one coat.
I'm darker skinned about NC 42 for reference.
The color finish is shiny and perfect.
The coat dries almost immediately with no tackiness. There is no shimmer to this shade, and the cost is comparable to higher end polishes at $23. I purchased mine at Nordstrom and this color is part of the Nude Collection for this fall.
LOVE this color! (PS: The line also has a lipstick called Grege, but it doesn't look just like this color. I think it's meant to be a good compliment color, as it's more of a rosy shade.)