September 21, 2014 | 1262 users online

Polishes - Christian Dior - Vernis 413 Grege

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by jimmychoordam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This nail Polish is such a fantastic nude color. It looks very classy and put together. At first I never even looked at such a color but I had to change my mind as this is fantastic. For some reason I always thought it was more for grandmothers but it absolutely isn't. As for the brush, it has a rounded brush which makes for a superb application. One stroke in the middle and then the sides of the nail. I go for 2 layers as I find this the prettiest however the color is very pigmented. Grège is an absolute recommendation, big value for your money. Right now I am so obsessed with this color and wear it exclusively....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is currently my favorite color for nail polish. I tried lots of shades in the neutral palette, trying to avoid anything too light, too pinkish, too yellow and too beige. It was amazingly hard to find this particular shade.

Before I use many polishes from Mavala, because they come in small bottles and if the shade was not right I could discard it after a few times. i tried shades called Pink Shells, Sand, Golden Beach and others, but they all looked wrong. Besides, Mavala does not have a lasting power. Finally, I saw this color online and decided to try it immediately, as it looked too good to be true.

It turned out as my perfect neutral. Not too beige, not too dark, not too drab, it is quite creamy and two coats give a perfect result. Plus top coat, lasts a whole week without problems, also thanks to the super neutral color. Besides, I totally love the Dior brush, which is flat and not round and works so much better then most other brands I have used. Makes me feel like trying other shades. Fabulous.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

Picture OPI's Samoan Sand, then remove the pink tones, and you have Dior's Grege. The color is a perfect MNBB with a slightly (and I do mean SLIGHTLY) grey undertone. It comes out as a beige that isn't too pink or too yellow, like Chanel's beige (a complete yellow mess)

The applicator is a dream, as it picks up a good amount of polish and easily covers the nails. The rounded tip is perfect for getting right up to the cuticle without going overboard and making a mess. And the little bottle looks so chic.

The formula is actually pretty long-lasting! I have never had a polish last more than 5 days on my nails without chipping. So far, the Dior formulas last me about 4-5 days, so that's very pleasant. The color itself is quite pigmented. One coat is a bit streaky, two coats is perfect. Three coats isn't necessary. The finish is glossy. And a definite plus is that it dries farily quickly without a top coat. Like, I'll paint them while watching a 30 min TV show, and by the time the show is done, my nails are completely dry, so they dry in 20-ish minutes.

It's a perfect neutral to wear without worrying about it chipping :) I'm very pleased with this polish and will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by pinkishbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color and formula + brush are amazing to me.
The brush is similar to some of the ones by Sally Hansen's line - it's thick and short, but offers a nearly foolproof application. Also, the bottle seems really filled, as i barely have to touch my brush inside to get plenty of polish.
The color is called Grege, and that name fits the bill, but i would say it's more beige than Grey. The color is swatched on the site for beauty look book (n/a), and her nails show it as something of a MNBB color. On me, i see a definite contrast and it does show up true to color, even at one coat.
I'm darker skinned about NC 42 for reference.
The color finish is shiny and perfect.
The coat dries almost immediately with no tackiness. There is no shimmer to this shade, and the cost is comparable to higher end polishes at $23. I purchased mine at Nordstrom and this color is part of the Nude Collection for this fall.
LOVE this color! (PS: The line also has a lipstick called Grege, but it doesn't look just like this color. I think it's meant to be a good compliment color, as it's more of a rosy shade.)