July 28, 2014 | 1714 users online

Moisturizers - SKII - StemPower

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by fennyjunita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

deeply moisturize my skin and maked my skin glow, reduce my acne, and shrink my pores. This is a very good product! :) But make my face look greasy, so I only use when i at home or before sleep

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by sugarpeace82

I wasnt a SKII fan to begin with. As with my review for the facial treatment essence, I used to think the brand is just over hyped simply due to its branding and marketing campaigns w use of celebrities. Recently somehow I bought the Stempower essence, cream and facial treatment essence together to try. Day 6 into Stempower cream, its a v rich yet light moisturiser. Easily absorbed, I use both day and night as told. I apply a thicker layer for night and just a thin layer for day. I can see my pores on my terribly oily T zone shrinking. face is now well hydrated. love it! Will re - purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by luluisalilskunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I received 2 samples of this at the SK II counter. Firstly I give it credit for firming my skin, I noticed a difference and I like the fact that it's not greasy. HOWEVER, after I stopped using it (the samples lasted me for abt a mth) my skin started to behave in a very strange manner.. I have never before seen my skin so dry so squeaky (was formerly abit on the oily/combo side) it was in a pretty bad condition and I looked very haggard for a week or so, I used plenty of aloe vera juice and moisturizing face packs before I could revert to my normal self.

Has anyone heard a rumor going around that SK II can make your skin addicted and you would look far worse than before if u ever stop using it? I never believed it till now..

I am still using the facial treatment essence and let me just say that although it does make my skin "radiant", it too does strange things to my skin.. I am not sure how to explain exactly but let's say I hold a mirror up close I can see my skin really crepey if I make a funny face to stretch my skin.. radiant of course but looks like the "shine" is caused by my skin surface being polished very thin by the pitera or whatever it is in the FTE..

My skin is also a lot less tolerant to peeling products like retin A and vitamin C serums after using FTE.

Overall I would say go for it if you are desperate and can afford the hefty price... but I am not sure about the long term effects of SK II products.. Was actually considering to buy the full tub of stempower before I started experiencing the "cold turkey" effects after.. as I call it..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Rania3105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only got to use this coz my mother in law uses it n she's v generous so i got to try it
I noticed the radiant effect n sort of "brightening" or luminous effect it gave in the morningg esp when u wake up when its really obvious

When i got points, i got the stempower small cream
N amazed by the results. It really made my skin look better

However its too expensive. Don't think i can afford it

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by JulsDee

It's a wonderful moisturiser. Light weight, absorbs very well and does not sit on top of the skin. I've been using it for half a year, in conjunction with my facial essence; I wake up every morning with glowing skin! It's a little pricey for what it is, I would highly recommend the Melting rich cream if you're after something a little more hydrating.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is light, non-greasy, absorbs quickly and leaves the skin smooth and hydrated.

While it does have a handful of beneficial ingredients like Pitera, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acanthopanax Senticosus (Eleuthero) Root Extract and Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract, the majority of ingredients comprises of thickeners and silicones!

NOT worth the price tag. You would get the same benefits and save a bundle if you purchased the SK-II Facial Essence and used a cheaper moisturizer (there are plenty in the market that have great ingredients at a reasonable price) on top.

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Butylene Glycol, Isohexadecane, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Polyacrylamide, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Stearyl Alcohol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Laureth-7, Methylparaben, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Sodium PEG-7 Olive Oil Carboxylate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Ethylparaben, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Acanthopanax Senticosus (Eleuthero) Root Extract, Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf Extract, Polyquaternium-7, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Methylsilanol Tri-PEG-8 Glyceryl Cocoate, Methicone, CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by lidyachu

This product works well for me if I combine it with SK-II Facial Treatment Essence. I have been using this product for sometime now.

This product comes with a red glass jar with a spatula. It is a thin cream that absorbs quickly to my skin without feeling greasy or something. It doesn't clog my pores too, but it doesn't hydrating enough for my super dehydrated skin.

After using it for sometime now, I can see the difference on my complexion. It helps to brighten up my complexion, as well as plumps up of fine lines that I had since I'm having a super dehydrated skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ukchu

I have been using sk2 for 4 months and stempower for one month. I love the smell ,the texture and the moisture I get from it ! Hydrated enough but not greasy at all ! My skin has becoming younger and clearer looking !Great product

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by PinkChicken

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because I love the Facial Treatment Essence, and I thought SK-II's moisturizers would be just as good as they are loaded with pitera. Unfortunately this broke me out. 2 out of the 3 nights I used it, I had bumps appear the morning after. I suspected it may be due to silicone products as I am sensitive to them, so I sent a message to their customer service and they confirmed there are silicone ingredients in them and to exchange my product at the counter.

This is a disappointment as I thought SK-II is a luxury brand that should be more meticulous in selecting ingredients in their products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this new moisturizer, however I can't tell if I like it that much. It feels very light and moisturizing. I love the fact that it does not leave my skin greasy and it absorbs very quickly. Even in the morning my skin felt even and soft, not greasy at all. The StemPower Moisturizer targets primary signs of skin ageing such as dryness, pores, texture, radiance and lack of firmness. (I used it together with SKII Facial Treatment Essence and just by itself).
However, I got some small red bumps that appeared after using this cream that went away after I stopped using this.