April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Conditioner - Joico - Smooth Cure sulfate-free Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I like this more than the matching shampoo, but it is not the best. The smoothing conditioner from Suave I have performed much better than this and left my curls with more bounce. It smells good and the scent is not too strong or obnoxious. It does help moderately with frizz, but not so much with some of the surface frizz I get on the sides and top of my head. It has a creamy and silky consistency but takes a while to feel like I rinsed it clean from my hair due to the insoluble cones. It has protein which my hair can tolerate so no problems there. Paired with the matching shampoo, it was overwhelming for my hair. I highly suggest using a different shampoo. This does give your hair some weight so avoid if you have fine hair. I will have to try pairing this with Joico's intense hydrator as Hnrenfro suggested and will update soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by seekingsolutions

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I desperately wanted this to work for me, as I have bad frizz from an old colour treatment, despite babying my hair...oddly enough, this conditioner and the accompanying shampoo made my dry, curly hair frizz even worse. :( As with all things, your mileage may vary with this product - but for me, all it did was grease my roots, poof my ends, and left fine little frizzies on top of my existing frizz. Too bad, because otherwise nice scent and great, easy packaging. A tad expensive, though. I obviously won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this line!
My hair is wavy, very fine and thin, it's color treated and gets frizzy and pouffy as soon as it gets in contact with the slightest hint of moisture. Many a time I spent an hour flat ironing and making it look sleek and pretty, before a night out, only to come back with a broom on my head, after dancing and sweating or getting caught in the rain (or even fog).
Nothing really worked to keep it straight and sleek, until I tried this line.
Please note that I use this line only before going out on weekends, as it's not particularly moisturizing or nourishing and I don't think it would benefit my hair in the long run.
However when I know I'd be straightening my hair, this is what I use. I use the shampoo, conditioner, then the leave-in (before blow drying) and the heat protectant spray on dry hair before ironing. The result is amazing - very straight, shiny, healthy looking hair - and what's even more amazing, it really prevents it from frizzing out. Now of course my hair will still turn frizzy if I get it wet, but this products combined have managed to keep it in tip-top shape for a much longer time than other products I've tried.
Also, I've noticed that since I've been using this system, my hair doesn't get damaged that fast by flat ironing - actually my ends no longer break (I used to get those dreaded white dots along my hair shaft all the time, and my hair would break).
The scent is pleasant (floral), and pretty long lasting.
I usually go through the conditioner the fastest, while the shampoo and the leave-in seem to last the longest.
I love this line, re-bought it a few times, and will continue to do so. Hopefully they won't discontinue it, it's my HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Endit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This isn't a full review, but I'll mention some thoughts I've had on this. I bought this in the summer, when it was humid, but didn't think much of it and shelved it. Recently I have been trying it again, since Moisture Recovery has not been so great for hair (leaving it too yet, there's not a lot of obvious weight to my hair).

PROS: It provides a little weight, not too much. Does smooth out my hair some more too, but on the coming days, some movement comes back at least. I like that it has amodimethicone instead of plain dimethicone.

OTHER: If used with the matching shampoo it can be overkill. The shampoo alone is really smoothing... and then this on top of it? I pair it with the Moisture Recovery shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by 1017

IMO and on my fine wavy locks that I like to wear curly...this conditioner is mediocrity. Which doesn't have to be a bad thing. It could be nice for many to have an average for most hair types conditioner. I used it with my usual Aquage shampoo and all other styling aspects remained the same. My fine locks feel a bit weighed down/flat yet fly away too (it is winter so they are staticy, not "supple"), not a great combo. Honestly, I think this conditioner would be an affordable option (I got it at the Ulta Liter sale for $16.) for almost anyone except those with my hair type who want to wear their hair curly. I think for thick or straight styles (even on fine hair) this would be ok, but it just gave me thin stringy curls with a flat "hippie chic" bohemian crown...not the full head of bounce I am used to. If anything changes I will let you know. But right now, I am pretty sure I am going to return this. For the record though, it does smooth, just a bit too much in my case.

UPDATE: I had to drop this down one more lippie. I used my Pureology Hydrate and my curls bounced up almost an inch! So yes, the Smooth Cure completely weighed down my fine locks. If you have hair you need flattened...try this. Otherwise, stay away if you want bounce.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

All i can say is WOWW .... honestly wow my hair journey may really be over this conditioner mixed with the intense hydrator treatment is my new HG combination for my conditioner in the shower. my nightmare hair background:: FINE CURLY FRIZZYY ALOT OF IT, my hair has always been a nightmare if i dont use the right stuff it will frizzy and just be unmanagable, the shampoo from the line wweighed my hair down a bit so i just use the joico moisture recovery shampoo instead (: this conditioner has smoothed even the hair around the corners of my HEAD WHICH ARE THE HARDEST for me to get straight, AT FIRST i didnt put a review in for this because i thought it would end up weighing my hair down and makee it greasy but the conditioner hasnt done that to me at all im very pleased with this product and how light weight it is considering smoothing lines are usually heavy, ive been using it for a month now and dont plan on stopping, ALSO the smell is divine, just like candy i just want to eat it up, thankyou JOICO for continuing to blow my mind on what is possible in hair restoration.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No