December 21, 2014 | 1616 users online

Palettes - Philosophy - The Coloring Book

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2003 2:09:00 PM More reviews by irish798

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the Studio coloring book in its previous form--when it had 5 lipsticks and about 9 brushes. None of the eyeshadow colors were appropriate. The lightest was only good for highlighting and all of the others were too dark. These colors are definitely not for people with pale skin. I finally gave the book to a friend who has a much darker complexion (minus the brushes--those are truly fabulous).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2002 10:05:00 PM More reviews by greenetribe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have the palette in superneutral. it has all the colors i need for my everyday neutral face. i was not impressed with the lipsticks that came with it...they are way too light and frosty for my taste. it is also easy to take on vacation you already have all the brushes for color application: i just throw in my mascara, lash comb, brow comb and a couple of lips and i'm good to go;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2002 7:13:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The outside looked dirty no matter how I tried to clean it. The blushes wore pretty well, only 2 of the shades didn't work so well for me. NONE of the lipcolors looked good on me without being mixed with some other product. The eyeshadows are pretty, basic colors, but are not the most silky blendable shadows out there. I paid full price for this. The brushes are excellent and I reach for these daily. Try the products out singly first to see if you want to commit to a palette like this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2002 8:35:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got the coloring book in super neutral during the Nordstroms sale for $70. I love it! The eye shadows and blushes are all individually beautiful and work well together. I love the Philosophy brushes that came with this book as well as the two lipsticks. The size is perfect for travel or keeping at work. I will use this set alot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2002 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

I picked the Coloring Book up in Supercools from the Nordstrom sale for half off or $70. At this price, I happen to love this book. A black plastic book that has a removable pan. The pan contains your 5 must have brushes (blush, liner, shadow, blending and crease). The brushes are short handled and great quality for expert makeup application. The set also contains two coordinating lippies. Lippies are creamy and moisturizing. The 8 blushes and shadow all work together and last all day and blend easily. (I am a big fan of Philosophy shadows!) I do have to agree with the other reviewer that the case can get messy, but not horribly IMO. I also packed a concealer, mascara, gloss, Vitamin E stick in the pan side so that I have everything I need in a flash. THe whole kit is really compact and great for a girl on the go. Or to keep in your desk for at work touchups! Love this set!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2001 7:23:00 PM More reviews by sher

The Philosophy Coloring Book ($165) is the one cosmetic purchase I regret making so much that I feel like kicking myself as I write this review. The best thing about the Coloring Book is that the eyeshadows are nice, neutral colors and are reasonably good matte eyeshadows (they are a little bit hard to blend though). Neither of the lipsticks worked for me. The packaging sucks!!!! The eyeshadows are glued into holes in a sponge-like material that is impossible to clean. I finally got so fed up with it looking filthy that I ripped the sponge right out of the book. The outside of the Book is also dirty-looking all the time. My advice, girls - run away, run away (sign of the cross) from that Philosophy counter right over to Stila or MAC and buy yourselves a decent palette for a fraction of the cost.