March 1, 2015 | 1065 users online

Shampoo - Pantene - Color Preserve Volume

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2015 5:28:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Alright. So I tried a couple Pantenes because I had to know what all the hate was about. I bought this, the intensive repair, the Moroccan oil, and the daily detox type (creamy version).
Pantene has a reputation. Either it's being savaged by angry people who allege that wax is deposited on their hair, or hailed by people who say their hair has been transformed. I can understand both sides and here's why: it DOES leave my hair very soft and conditioned, which means it deposits some kind of treatment on hair. When mine dried, it wasn't huge and voluminous but I noticed a distinct wave pattern and ringlets at my shoulders which are most defined when a cleanser doesn't strip them out. Some people might feel like it's not clean. I can tell it IS clean; it just has an extra layer of conditioning along with the matching conditioners I used. It doesn't feel greasy. It feels soft.
Now about the lurking wax: I don't feel like my hair is coated with anything suspicious. It feels tamed, and again, that's because these shampoos are designed to condition while they clean. So it really depends on what you like. If you need that super-clarified feeling all the time, then the conditioning agents might not be pleasant. But for those who want clean AND very soft hair: you don't have to worry about wax. Your hair won't fall out. In fact, these shampoos might help prevent it.
I'm going to continue with these for a week then see how I feel. I do want to add that the lather is really foamy and it's not too difficult in the rinse-out.
EDIT: I can't stop myself. I need to say that these shampoos are AMAZING. I use them with my favorite Suave conditioner and my hair (and skin) feel great. I refute the allegations of wax on hair. Mine hasn't felt this clean and soft in years. And like I said, my skin is silky too. I'm happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2015 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Jezah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shampoo! I am a natural blonde who has colored her hair a LOT (going lighter, darker, going red) over the past 5 years so it is fairly damaged. I get a lot of flyaways due to how damaged it is. However I noticed this shampoo makes my hair look a LOT better without weighing it down. I have fine, thin hair and most damage repair shampoo/conditioners would weigh it down making it flat but not this one. I can immediately tell it is repairing my hair as after washing my hair with this shampoo, while still wet it doesn't feel rough and stripped like it does with other shampoos. Even before conditioner my hair feels smooth and healthy. As far as color preservation, it is hard to tell as I use color depositing shampoo 2x a week in between this shampoo/conditioner so my color is constantly being rejuvenated, but I would assume this shampoo is better at color preservation than most since it is so gentle. It doesn't feel like it is stripping my hair and roughing up the cuticle, but rather like it is rinsing away the oil/dirt and sealing the hair shaft. I recommend it if you have fine, limp colored hair that is damaged...you can't go wrong!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by adara260

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this along with the conditioner. I really like Pantene overall and often return back to the brand after mixing it up for awhile.

Color Safeness: I found this shampoo did not overly strip my salon color and toner. Did it preserve it more than usual, hmmm I would say yes. I wash my hair once sometimes twice a day due to workouts so I would definitely say this shampoo preserves color by not stripping it more than other shampoos. But isn't that all color safe shampoos though? This doesn't add a UV shield like how some supposedly do, but again it doesnt advertise as such.

Moisturizing: It does not moisturize your hair what so ever. What it does it make your hair squeaky clean without it actually being squeaky. Thats how most volumizing shampoos work, they clean the gunk and oil out of your hair. I usually rely on my conditioner to moisturize my hair anyway.

Volumizing: I think it does volumize your hair by what I mentioned in the moisturizing category, this washes all the gunk and oil out of your hair without making it too squeaky.

Overall: I would buy this product again, especially if it has the pump, very convienant and makes the purchase more economical.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't notice this shampoo extending the life of my color. It dried my fine, wavy hair ou and caused some flaky scalp, even in conjunction with the matching conditioner. Hated the perfumey smell. Didn't seem to enhance the volume of my hair. Overall, nothing really to recommend this shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by echo2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have my hair colored and highlighted professionally and between salon coloring I do my roots monthly with Excellence L'Oreal. I have been using this shampoo for about six weeks and like it very much! It cleans & rinses off well. I have fairly thick hair but prefer volume to give my now older face a lift up. I don't notice a difference but at least it doesn't leave my hair flat as some shampoos have done. My color seems fine, at least the shampoo doesn't strip my hair color so that's a plus. Overall I would purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by msexiblnd3

I actually found this giving me lots of volume. My hair is colored and didnt see a difference with that but I love the smell it lingers throughout the whole day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sleon308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this shampoo on my brunette color-treated hair. It's supposed to preserve your color and give your hair volume... it did neither. My color would look the same using this shampoo than with any drugstore shampoo that is not meant for color-treated hair. The only reason I'm giving it 3 lippies it because it does clean hair nicely and doesn't over dry it. I would recommend this shampoo to someone without color-treated hair. It also made no difference in my hair's volume.