L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Black Lacquer

3.8

on 6/22/2015 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I picked this up at ULTA after deciding not to spend $25 on a high end mascara product. I'm glad I did because I love this mascara. I have very short curly lashes and I hate them. This mascara separates, lengthens and adds volume! My lashes always look full and long and I love it! Sometimes when I want an extra "oomph," I add essence lash powder. (See my review for that) The tube I picked up wasn't dry to me so hopefully I don't run into that issue when buying a new tube later on.

Solid YES........this is a great plumping mascara and it also is a good lengthening.......more for thickening though. I suggest telescopic for separating lashes!!!! L'oreal has amazing mascaras. I have tried ALL the top brands but honestly I love L'oreal. They are made by Lancome so that's probably why. I do use Lancome L'Oscillate first and then one of my L'oreal - false fiber, telescopic or million lashes excess.....any of them,,,,,just to get the clumps out and lengthen. L'oreal rocks for a great price !!!!!!!!

on 5/6/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

It's a dry formula with a thin brush, does not hold a curl, and it gives ZERO length. It gives some volume but my lashes are left clumpy and spider-y. Doesn't flake much but definitely doesn't do any good...my eyes are left looking droopy and tired. I bought this a few weeks ago and couldn't handle the crap so went and bought another mascara earlier today. NOT WORTH YOUR MONEY.

on 5/6/2015 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I've repurchased this product multiple times. This is my HG lengthening mascara. Beats every high end one I've tried.

on 4/22/2015 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This mascara gets a solid "NO" from me. It doesn't stand a chance next to any Lancome (luxury line) mascara. False Fiber Lashes Black Lacquer is not the worst mascara though, it does give you some volume after about 3 coats, but the effect is just not dramatic like one would expect based on the promise. I should also note that if you have sensitive eyes like myself, this mascara is definitely not for you. My eyes turned red a few minutes after application. Returning.

on 12/30/2014 2:24:00 PM

Let me start by saying I love L'Oreal mascaras. Love them. I hate this one. I love the voluminous line, and was excited to try this. It leaves my lashes limp and without any volume to speak of. No curl, no volume, no length. I don't feel like I got a false eye lash look at all. I love a dramatic look, so I tried several layers of this stuff even. No dice. Didn't matter how many layers I tried. Even if I liked a more natural look, this wouldn't even work for me then. Not a false look, no fibers in it that I could tell. I didn't even bother trying to use this stuff up. The tube is in the trash!

on 12/2/2014 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Loves this MASCARA!!!! Thick lush crazy lashes!!!! LOVES IT!!!!!!

on 10/22/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

When I tried this mascara on and looked in the mirror I wanted to jump on the couch in joy like Tom Cruise did on Oprah. My lashes are curly and short but these make them thick and longer looking. One coat is every day but I buildup for drama. I love it!

on 10/22/2014 3:57:00 AM

I just bought this mascara today... just tried it on one of my eyes because I was eager to try this based on the reviews. Let me tell ya' this is some great stuff! I have probably tried most of the popular drugstore mascaras, and this is by far the best one. The Colossal, Lash Stilleto, Voluminous, Telescopic, even the cheap one in a pink and green tube. You name it, I used it. Let me tell you a bit about my lashes, because it always helps to know what is good for me might not be for you considering the facts. My lashes are normal, but I do use Lilash so they of course have grown. My natural lashes are stick straight, but with lilash they have developed somewhat of a curl. I have never been able to wear normal mascara because nothing holds a curl for me. Yes, I ALWAYS have to use a lash curler. I have bought waterproof versions, but hey, they never work the same. I gave up. I started using a Mexican mascara, the ones that are "oil based" because of my problem with not holding a curl. I know you Mexican ladies know which type of mascara I am talking about. Anyway, this mascara is great because it is buildable and it does make your lashes long and holds a curl. It also has a wonderful fat hairy brush which I love. I hate those modern plastic brushes. I am an old fashioned lady when it comes to mascara brushes. I am talking about the Mexican mascara... the reason why I started looking for a drugstore mascara is because sometimes I want to wear mascara and be able to wash it off, rather than take it off with oil and a cotton round. So I began my search.. To be honest, I went straight to the l'oreal aisle because I was aiming towards voluminous original version. I had never heard about this one before. The false fibers caught my attention, but I had used this type of mascara before and it flaked like crazy. I am talking around 13 years ago. So I just kinda gave up and never again paid attention to fiber mascaras until today. I checked the great reviews and went ahead and bought it. I was undecided between the golden tube or this one but I read a review that the other one gets to much product on the brush therefore it does not hold a curl. I immediately knew it wasn't for me so I bought this one. As soon as I got home, I tried it on. Yes, I am sold. I tried 3 or 4 coats on my uncurled lashes and voila! Volume, length, and I can even be adventurous and say it made them a bit curly. Yay, big plus! I can't tell you about flaking or smudge (because I do not have oily skin and have never had a problem with that)... but it is safe to say this ia the best drugatore mascara I have ever used. Big A+ to L'oreal!

on 10/2/2014 12:01:00 PM

You guys are really going to doubt my loyalty to L'Oreal because of yet another somewhat negative review of this product, but honestly! I love L'Oreal! Back to this product.......I own and have used the original Voluminous mascara for many, many years. Tried many others and they couldn't compete. I then found Power Volumn 24 hrs. This is my #1 now. I then tried the False Fiber Lashes in both regular and waterproof. Very good products as well. So when I saw "Black Lacquer" on a product that I already really liked, it just made me think of a little shinier lashes.....a little spark. The only thing I got was a boo-boo lip because it didn't even come close to the regular False Fiber line. I'm not sure what the Black Lacquer is supposed to be all about but it definitely did nothing for me.