L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Black Lacquer

3.8

on 4/22/2015 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

This mascara gets a solid "NO" from me. It doesn't stand a chance next to any Lancome (luxury line) mascara. False Fiber Lashes Black Lacquer is not the worst mascara though, it does give you some volume after about 3 coats, but the effect is just not dramatic like one would expect based on the promise. I should also note that if you have sensitive eyes like myself, this mascara is definitely not for you. My eyes turned red a few minutes after application. Returning.

on 12/30/2014 2:24:00 PM

Let me start by saying I love L'Oreal mascaras. Love them. I hate this one. I love the voluminous line, and was excited to try this. It leaves my lashes limp and without any volume to speak of. No curl, no volume, no length. I don't feel like I got a false eye lash look at all. I love a dramatic look, so I tried several layers of this stuff even. No dice. Didn't matter how many layers I tried. Even if I liked a more natural look, this wouldn't even work for me then. Not a false look, no fibers in it that I could tell. I didn't even bother trying to use this stuff up. The tube is in the trash!

on 12/2/2014 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Loves this MASCARA!!!! Thick lush crazy lashes!!!! LOVES IT!!!!!!

on 10/22/2014 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

When I tried this mascara on and looked in the mirror I wanted to jump on the couch in joy like Tom Cruise did on Oprah. My lashes are curly and short but these make them thick and longer looking. One coat is every day but I buildup for drama. I love it!

on 10/22/2014 3:57:00 AM

I just bought this mascara today... just tried it on one of my eyes because I was eager to try this based on the reviews. Let me tell ya' this is some great stuff! I have probably tried most of the popular drugstore mascaras, and this is by far the best one. The Colossal, Lash Stilleto, Voluminous, Telescopic, even the cheap one in a pink and green tube. You name it, I used it. Let me tell you a bit about my lashes, because it always helps to know what is good for me might not be for you considering the facts. My lashes are normal, but I do use Lilash so they of course have grown. My natural lashes are stick straight, but with lilash they have developed somewhat of a curl. I have never been able to wear normal mascara because nothing holds a curl for me. Yes, I ALWAYS have to use a lash curler. I have bought waterproof versions, but hey, they never work the same. I gave up. I started using a Mexican mascara, the ones that are "oil based" because of my problem with not holding a curl. I know you Mexican ladies know which type of mascara I am talking about. Anyway, this mascara is great because it is buildable and it does make your lashes long and holds a curl. It also has a wonderful fat hairy brush which I love. I hate those modern plastic brushes. I am an old fashioned lady when it comes to mascara brushes. I am talking about the Mexican mascara... the reason why I started looking for a drugstore mascara is because sometimes I want to wear mascara and be able to wash it off, rather than take it off with oil and a cotton round. So I began my search.. To be honest, I went straight to the l'oreal aisle because I was aiming towards voluminous original version. I had never heard about this one before. The false fibers caught my attention, but I had used this type of mascara before and it flaked like crazy. I am talking around 13 years ago. So I just kinda gave up and never again paid attention to fiber mascaras until today. I checked the great reviews and went ahead and bought it. I was undecided between the golden tube or this one but I read a review that the other one gets to much product on the brush therefore it does not hold a curl. I immediately knew it wasn't for me so I bought this one. As soon as I got home, I tried it on. Yes, I am sold. I tried 3 or 4 coats on my uncurled lashes and voila! Volume, length, and I can even be adventurous and say it made them a bit curly. Yay, big plus! I can't tell you about flaking or smudge (because I do not have oily skin and have never had a problem with that)... but it is safe to say this ia the best drugatore mascara I have ever used. Big A+ to L'oreal!

on 10/2/2014 12:01:00 PM

You guys are really going to doubt my loyalty to L'Oreal because of yet another somewhat negative review of this product, but honestly! I love L'Oreal! Back to this product.......I own and have used the original Voluminous mascara for many, many years. Tried many others and they couldn't compete. I then found Power Volumn 24 hrs. This is my #1 now. I then tried the False Fiber Lashes in both regular and waterproof. Very good products as well. So when I saw "Black Lacquer" on a product that I already really liked, it just made me think of a little shinier lashes.....a little spark. The only thing I got was a boo-boo lip because it didn't even come close to the regular False Fiber line. I'm not sure what the Black Lacquer is supposed to be all about but it definitely did nothing for me.

on 4/1/2014 11:55:00 PM

I love this mascara. It makes my lashes look longer, doesn't flake and stays on all day long. I have bought several tubes of this. I do have to replace it about every 6 weeks, but it's worth it. I don't like how the mascara starts to wipe off where you unscrew the lid, but most mascaras seem to do that anyway.

on 2/25/2014 3:41:00 PM

I bought this and the whole tube was gold with no black (I guess they changed the packaging since initially releasing it?) . This mascara was a total fail for me. The formula was very drying and made my lashes look straight and spiky, not curled and full like I prefer. The wand felt slightly awkward - maybe too long, I'm not really sure. To reach all my lashes, the straight part of the wand would have to touch my skin and leave a mark I'd have to clean off. The final straw was the flaking and irritation to my eyes I was left dealing with all day.

on 2/1/2014 11:38:00 AM

I'm so picky with mascaras it is ridiculous. This one is pretty good, no better than the best one I've found so far. I love it and probably will buy again.

I really like this mascara. Really defines my lashes and I love the color. As with most mascaras, you have to replace after 2 months, but being a drugstore mascara makes it easier to afford. Have already purchased many times.