April 24, 2014 | 1162 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Black Lacquer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Stacybear

I love this mascara. It makes my lashes look longer, doesn't flake and stays on all day long. I have bought several tubes of this. I do have to replace it about every 6 weeks, but it's worth it. I don't like how the mascara starts to wipe off where you unscrew the lid, but most mascaras seem to do that anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Bryony

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this and the whole tube was gold with no black (I guess they changed the packaging since initially releasing it?) . This mascara was a total fail for me. The formula was very drying and made my lashes look straight and spiky, not curled and full like I prefer. The wand felt slightly awkward - maybe too long, I'm not really sure. To reach all my lashes, the straight part of the wand would have to touch my skin and leave a mark I'd have to clean off. The final straw was the flaking and irritation to my eyes I was left dealing with all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Binney

I'm so picky with mascaras it is ridiculous. This one is pretty good, no better than the best one I've found so far. I love it and probably will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeupForAll

I really like this mascara. Really defines my lashes and I love the color. As with most mascaras, you have to replace after 2 months, but being a drugstore mascara makes it easier to afford. Have already purchased many times.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by komkom99

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT If your looking for clear definition and long eyelashes this is the mascara for you but if you want really dark eyelashes this doesn't do much for that...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to rush to my computer to write this review...Ermahgerd... this mascara is awesome! I was trying to look for a Tarina Tarantino mascara replacement that was discontinued last year... tried TONS of other ones (Diorshow, Buxom, Clinique types, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide, Korres, Lancome types, Stila, Benefit they're real, Lash-gasm, Tarte types, PTR lashes to die for, Urban Decay types, Smashbox, Blinc and various drugstore types.) The effect this gives me is a long, glossy and feathery look... it definitely enhances my medium-long lashes and totally multiplies them! The closest look this gives me is what Buxom lash or Tarina Tarantino's mascara would give. I have tried fiberwig and "fiber" type mascaras many moons ago but it clumped too much so i stopped choosing those types. This made me change my mind! What i do is put one coat of this mascara, then put a "tubing" type (I use clinique's lash power but it is a PITA to remove!) if i want it to last all day. Otherwise, it is good on its own but it does smudge on my outer lower lash line if I get oily. The packaging leaves much to be desired... brush is medium large bristle type... color is glossy black/blackest black. Otherwise, if i cannot afford my 20$ mascaras and have to go on a ramen diet to afford them, i will choose this! It rivals the high end mascaras and It is slowly creeping up the HG ladder... a must try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by lindseygrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I rarely buy the same mascara twice, I love trying new ones, but I just bought my second one of these! This mascara is great if you want longer and fuller lashes. The wand may look wimpy but it really works. The product isn't clumpy and I can build up to 3 coats without my lashes looking spidery. The formula is also very black which I love (got mine in black lacquer). This mascara will be my go to for a while!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by lilyeffigy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good mascara. My HG Fiber mascara (DJV Beautinizer Fiberwig) has been out of stock on Sephora's site and every brick and mortar store I have been to. I have been looking for a substitute.

My mascara routine is: Dior primer, Buxom lash, then DJV Fiberwig. I use the Fiberwig to add length and to "set" my mascara aka waterproof it.

This mascara does not perform like Fiberwig. Even though it is technically a fiber mascara, it performs much more like a volumizing mascara, and a darn good one at that. I get really great volume and definition over a primer or by itself. It doesn't smudge much on its own.

As far as the "black lacquer" claim, it is legit. You may not think that after looking at it, or comparing it to high end mascaras, but it has come to my attention that drugstore mascaras are gray. I ordered the "blackest black" false fiber mascara from this brand and held it up in against this one. The "blackest black" looked straight up gray compared to this.

My one gripe with this product is that it is incredibly irritating if you get a fiber in your eye during removal. Seriously more painful than any other eyemakeup product ever in my eye. Also, it feels quite heavy on lashes. It holds a curl really well, so the heaviness does not make lashes droop, it just reminds you that you have mascara on.

Overall, this is a great drugstore mascara. I've never bought a L'Oreal mascara before this, but I may look into some others.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by fatttoad909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Better than voluminous mascara to me. Although I don't notice a 'glossy' or 'lacquer' finish it's still nice. It's lengthening, volumizing, and doesn't clump. The formula is not too thick or thin, and you can build it up for a more dramatic look.
I hope L'Oreal never stops making this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Grade A , mascara. Total HG!!! Very sexy, long, lush and best of all buildable. I can do a natural look with just a light coat or two or get real buildable falsie lookin lashes. Great on volume, length, and thickening. My favorite is that the brush is so good to get your desired look, good mascara wands are tough to find. I will totally replenish!