July 23, 2014 | 2064 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Olay Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by joig

Compact fell apart after a week, Shimmery sparkles in the powder, the sponge gets very grungy
over 10 bucks for this though no thanks

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by radia0000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not have much expectation when i bought this product cause i was in rush when i decided to buy it. This pressed powder is quite cool. It is smooth and blends very easily. It gives a natural and bright look without standing out too much and stays long. I also like the packaging and the size is perfect. You don't have to worry about spending too much time on blending it. it has some shimmer in it but that works okay for me. Overall a good product for quick touchups.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Soft and creamy but not oily at all. Leaves a lovely velvet touch to your face. If you use a brush, the powder does not fly all over the air

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall it seems to be an ok powder. The shades are very limited though. The powder performs nicely, i still have to blot oil during the day at least twice so that's a lippie off. I came across Sonia Kashuk pressed powder recenty though and although those shades are also limited, i managed to find one that fits me exactly and is much better than Olay Cover Girl. This will be my emergency just in case i run out of Sonia Kashuk powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is not a bad powder, but I don't care for the shimmer. I like the compact, it looks pretty nice for a Cover Girl product. It gives a bit of coverage on it's own, and doesn't look too dry. But I just can't get past the shimmer,and ultimately, would not buy it again. There are just other powders I like better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale at Target. I really wanted a pressed powder to try out because loose powder can get messy and isn't portable. Surprised to say but I quite like it, as I never find myself a big fan of CG products. It makes my make-up look matte (I use this for touching up after a long long day) and helps it stay longer. It does not give me a caked up look some other powders have.

You can't see it but there are tiny sparkles when applied on face. This does not bother me as I really like sparkles and I find that it is not even noticeable nor does it accentuate my pores. It was only noticeable when swiped some on my hand to see what it looks/feels like. Otherwise I can't say I've been seeing it on my face when looking at the mirror unless I'm looking reeeallllyyyy close.

Overall, a great product. It does its job which is keep face matte and great for touch-ups. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by mitziohmitzi

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great powder. Smooths my complexion. I have very oily skin and some large pores and blemishes/discolorations and it hides them very well. Just have to dab extra amounts of the powder on trouble spots with finger or qtip. Or this powder and concealer is awesome. The end look is very soft and almost luminous.

I went to Lancome and tried their No. 1 powder foundation - forgot name - you could apply it dry or dampen with water....well, I had Olay powder on and had the girl cleanse one side of my face and apply Lancome's and compared it to Olay's Covergirl powder and Olay's looked better!!! So I saved a lot of money!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Live this pressed powder. Normally my HG powder is the Covergirl simply foundation pressed powder, but they're ere out if it at the store so I picked this one up, annoyed to have to use something different. What a surprise. Takes forever to oxidize. The finish is a combination of Dewey and matte for me, which I love. The "shimmer" is a bit annoying but I got over it. I'm reading a lot of negative reviews about the applicator. First of all, u never use the applicators included in your make up packages. Never. I use a Sonia Kashuk kabuki brush when I put this on my face and it's a serious miracle for me. Live the product, works very well with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Eye Concealer also.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by JL98

I have been using this powder for a month or so and am fairly happy with it. I bought 340 which is light/medium and the colour matches my skin tone perfectly. It blends into the skin very nicely, there is a bit of a shimmer to it, but it's quite subtle and you only really notice it in some lightings. The puff that comes with it works horribly, but I just use a powder brush instead and it works fine. I typically have an oily t-zone, especially my nose, and by itself it does need blotting after a couple of hours. I bought this for about $12 on sale, usually it's more expensive but I think that this is a fairly reasonable price for a powder of this quality. Overall it does give a very nice satin finish, works quite well and I would probably buy again :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very lovely pressed powder! I'm more of a loose powder gal but have recently been seeing raves here and there on the makeup board for the CG Olay products, then I checked the reviews and noticed this powder had a 4.1 rating so I picked one up my next trip to the drugstore.
For reference I'm 30 with fair, neutral leaning warm skin (would be N/NC10-13 ish in MAC SFF) I'm also oily, and quite acne/clog-prone. I went with the lightest shade (Fair) and it's a good match (not too pink which was my worry because I know CG tends to lean pink at times with some of their products) In the store I contemplated back and fourth between "Fair" and "Fair/Light" because in the packaging, they looked identical to me.. I held both up in different lighting and didn't see any difference so I went with Fair to be safe. I'd rather a powder be too light (because I can mix it with another to darken it) than be too dark. But nevertheless, Fair was the right choice for me.
I kind of have a little test I do with new foundations and powders that I purchase, I wear them alone(with no other fndtns or pwdrs)all day around the house without primer to get a feel of how they perform on their own. &To be honest, this stuff really blew my mind. (in a good way! ;D) My oily skin remained fairly matte (with no primer) for 6 hours, then after that I only used one blotting paper(which I didn't desperately *need* to be honest) and this made it through a full 12 hours.
Having oily skin, I find that with a lot of pressed powders (esp.ones from the drugstore) that they either don't control my oil very well, they leave behind dry patches or a powdery look, don't come in a shade light enough for me (*glares at you Maybelline Dream Matte!!!*) or break me out. Thankfully I do not have any of those issues with this. It gives light/medium coverage, is nice to wear alone, with or without primer, or to use as a foundation finishing powder. &It's official now after 1 month of continuous use that it doesn't give me any issues with breakouts or clogged pores which was a concern because my last CG powder purchase(the light blue pocket powder) broke me out somethin' massive..
It did give me a little bit of a surprise when I was under flouresent (spelled correctly?) lighting and noticed there are little specks of glimmer/shimmer to this, because I didn't notice any while applying it up until that point? (it's by no means "disco ball looking" or anything like that) but I did notice glimmer in the pan. On my skin (only after looking very closely in natural light) I notice it looks like more of a mature glow than teenage glitter, if that makes sense? It also doesn't accentuate my large pores (which a lot of pressed powders can, esp. anything with any shimmer to it) and that is probably my favorite thing about this powder. I love it that my natural skin can show through, but my jumbo pores are completely covered. Very flattering. I feel like this powder is ideal for someone who doesn't want an overly matte looking finishing powder that still controls oil relatively well.
It was a little on the pricey side for a drugstore powder I think, especially considering it's CoverGirl (who is usually one of the least expensive) -but I guess since it's paired with "Olay" that's what hiked the price.. ?
I paid right around $11 USD at WalMart which certainly does not break the bank, but when all of CoverGirl's other powders are in the $6-8 range, this is on the higher end of that. It's not an issue for me though because I love it, and I plan on repurchasing regardless of price. Definitely a 5 lippie worthy powder from CoverGirl & Olay!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No