April 21, 2014 | 1349 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - Olay Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall it seems to be an ok powder. The shades are very limited though. The powder performs nicely, i still have to blot oil during the day at least twice so that's a lippie off. I came across Sonia Kashuk pressed powder recenty though and although those shades are also limited, i managed to find one that fits me exactly and is much better than Olay Cover Girl. This will be my emergency just in case i run out of Sonia Kashuk powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 7:21:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is not a bad powder, but I don't care for the shimmer. I like the compact, it looks pretty nice for a Cover Girl product. It gives a bit of coverage on it's own, and doesn't look too dry. But I just can't get past the shimmer,and ultimately, would not buy it again. There are just other powders I like better.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lifeisaparadox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale at Target. I really wanted a pressed powder to try out because loose powder can get messy and isn't portable. Surprised to say but I quite like it, as I never find myself a big fan of CG products. It makes my make-up look matte (I use this for touching up after a long long day) and helps it stay longer. It does not give me a caked up look some other powders have.

You can't see it but there are tiny sparkles when applied on face. This does not bother me as I really like sparkles and I find that it is not even noticeable nor does it accentuate my pores. It was only noticeable when swiped some on my hand to see what it looks/feels like. Otherwise I can't say I've been seeing it on my face when looking at the mirror unless I'm looking reeeallllyyyy close.

Overall, a great product. It does its job which is keep face matte and great for touch-ups. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Brootneexo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Live this pressed powder. Normally my HG powder is the Covergirl simply foundation pressed powder, but they're ere out if it at the store so I picked this one up, annoyed to have to use something different. What a surprise. Takes forever to oxidize. The finish is a combination of Dewey and matte for me, which I love. The "shimmer" is a bit annoying but I got over it. I'm reading a lot of negative reviews about the applicator. First of all, u never use the applicators included in your make up packages. Never. I use a Sonia Kashuk kabuki brush when I put this on my face and it's a serious miracle for me. Live the product, works very well with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Eye Concealer also.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by NadiaAli08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok so i was excited to try this out and i bought mine today, i wasnt so happy with the shimmer in it i didn't realize it had shimmer until i applied to see how the foundation/pressed powder is, i probably should have moisturized before applying because my dry patches were visible, i would recommend to moisturize and prime your face before use, overall it gave good coverage, and looked natural apart from the shimmer i like to have my face matte, i would deffs buy this product again hopefully they come out with one without shimmer LOL and it matched my skin perfectly in the Medium shade, i bought mine for around $11.60 which was a good price for a pressed powder that does what it says, the only thing i did not like about this was the shimmer but apart from that its great.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by LotusEater13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Ladies...this is something you all need to try! This is the best powder I've ever used, and has exceeded my expectations in so many ways. Before I bought this, I'd never been a big covergirl fan because none of their powders seemed to last on me, so I was a little hesitant. But I liked the Olay partnership, so I bought the lightest shade, which I believe is Fair. Used it the next day over Revlon photoready primer and was completely blown away by the quality. It went on smoothly (probably because of the serum in it) and it matched my notoriously hard-to-match pale skin perfectly. At the time, my face was hideously broken out AND chemically burned, and I was stunned to see that the powder provided full coverage. All my blemishes were gone; it just looked like I had gorgeous skin. Even more impressively, I barely had to blot with this powder, something I didn't think was possible. It lasts for 15+ hours on me and still manages to look fantastic! I can touch it up as much as I want to throughout the day and it never looks cakey or turns orange. This works even better than foundation on me, and after using it for a month I can say that it doesn't break me out. It photographs beautifully too, and gives my face this glowy HD look. It does have very faint shimmer particles in it, but don't worry, no one will mistake you for some stupid sparkly vampire because the particles are somehow pretty natural-looking. I would highly, highly recommend this, and I will continue buying it until it's discontinued, but hopefully that won't happen. Best drugstore powder ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by sourrcherry

I REALLY love this! My previous HG pressed powder was the Physicians Formula Healthy Wear (I think it's getting discontinued?) but this works so much better. It made my skin super smooth which was probably the serum like someone else said. BUT if you have dry patches, this makes them stand out! It made my skin look almost perfect (besides the patch issue lol) I bought this for like11 bucks at Target which seems a lot for drugstore but 11 sure beats 30-40 LOL. I will buy this again:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very lovely pressed powder! I'm more of a loose powder lover but have recently been seeing raves here and there on the makeup board for the CG&Olay products, then I checked the reviews and noticed this powder had a 4.1 rating so I picked one up my next trip to the drugstore :)
For reference I'm 30 with fair, warm skin (N10-NC15 in MAC) I'm also oily, and acne/clog-prone. I went with the lightest shade (Fair) and it's a good match (not too pink which was my worry because I know CG tends to lean pink at times with some of their products) In the store I contemplated back and fourth between "Fair" and "Fair/Light" because in the pakaging, they looked identical to me.. I held both up in different lighting and didn't see any difference so I went with Fair to be safe. I'd rather a powder be too light (because I can mix it with another to darken it) than be too dark. But overall, Fair was the right choice.
I kind of have a little test I do with new foundations and powders that I purchase, I wear them alone(with no other fndtns or pwdrs)all day around the house without primer to get a feel of how they perform on their own. &To be honest, this stuff really blew my mind. (in a good way! ;D) My oily skin remained completely matte(with no primer) for 6 hours, then after that I only used one blotting paper(which I didn't desperately *need* to be honest) and this made it through a full 12 hours!
Having oily skin, I find that with a lot of pressed powders (esp.ones from the drugstore) that they either don't control my oil very well, or they leave behind dry patches or a powdery look, but I do not have any of those issues with this! It gives light/medium coverage, is nice to wear alone, with or without primer, or to set foundation. &It's official now after 1 month of continuous use that it doesn't give me any issues with breakouts or clogged pores which was a concern because my last CG powder purchase(the light blue pocket powder) broke me out.
It did give me a little bit of a surprise when I was under flourescent (spelled correctly?) lighting and noticed there are little specks of glimmer/shimmer to this, because I didn't notice any while applying it up until that point, but it's not at all "disco ball looking" or too much for my maturing, oily skin. It's definitely more of a mature glow than teenage glitter, if that makes sense? It also doesn't accentuate my large pores (which a lot of pressed pwdrs do, esp. anything with any glitter/shimmer to it) and that is probably my favorite thing about this powder, I love it that my natural skin can show through, but my jumbo pores are completely covered. Very flattering.
It was a little on the pricey side for a drugstore powder though.. I paid right around $11 USD which certainly does not break the bank, but when all of CoverGirl's other powders are in the $6-8 range, this is certainly on the higher end of that. It's not an issue for me though because I love it, and I plan on repurchasing no matter what the price :) -A definite hit from CG/Olay!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by susjs

I received this powder compact as part of a Bzz Agent campaign, along with the CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab Foundation. [reviewed separately.]

Pros:

Packaging: CoverGirl got it right this time, the packaging is sleek and understated, a dark purple compact with silver accents. This compact has a much more elegant, quality look and feel to it than other CG compacts I've purchased in the past.

Coverage and Finish: Goes on so smoothly, not at all dry or chalky--I'd say this has light to medium coverage without ever looking cakey. It has believable but excellent coverage.

Colour: Fair/Light was perfect for my neutral, light skintone leaning slightly warm. I think the colour would work well for a variety of skin tones in the fair-light range. Another plus, it never oxidized or became darker as the day wore on.

Cons:
Wear: This is the one area where this fell short for me. I have dry/combo skin and use powder, both loose and compact, to blot slight shine in my t-zone and set my makeup, usually a tinted moisturizer. This powder appears to do that so well at first, giving a soft matte appearance. However, within an hour, I can see shine. Huh? There's a hidden luminosity to this that I don't find flattering in my t-zone. I don't typically have issues with a lot of shine or oil breakthrough, so this was surprising. I think it'll work well for dryer skin types who want believable coverage but anyone looking to use this to blot slightly oilier areas may find it just doesn't cut it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

I have used Olay for my face for years, so when I see CG having their Olay blended makeup I decided it was worth trying. I use the '10 shades in their line (110,310 etc) and find it a near perfect match. For me this in 310 was a perfect match for my skin. It goes on sheer to med and seems to melt into the skin after a few minutes (likely the olay serum added) I can reapply it throughout the day and it never appears cakey or showing pores. There is a slight sheen or glow to the powder but with my face in direct sun I don't look like a disco ball as i did with the Radiance CG powders. Over 8 hours later with minor sweating I still see it covering my face with minimal fading and my face retains the velvet finish. I can see some bumps in the compact when I use a sponge and I can tell it has minor oil absorbing properties even though I don't remember it advertizing it. The sponge also cakes up with product easy so i would wash it once a week at least or use a powder brush. But it works in a pinch.

Overall it has what I look for in any powder. Sheer/med coverage, natural skin finish, a subtle glow and reapplying without looking like chalk. Its a bit higher priced than most DS powders however it is not hard to find it on sale or a coupon to use with it. I just started using it over the tone rehab liquid foundation in the CG line and it wears the same lightly dusted over for setting for more coverage. When I use it alone I apply over the CG olay primer for longer wear.