Cover Girl Olay Pressed Powder

4.2

on 3/1/2015 6:49:00 AM

I lost my favorite Mac press powder and I wanted a new replacement. This one? Not as good:( I was disappointed. It only gives you very minimal coverage!! I have the medium coverage and it doesnt cover well. It would be good for a middle schooler to use at school, not teenagers.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I read reviews on this powder. I had a hard time finding this but when I did..they only had medium..I would have preferred medium/deep..but.. very well.. I got it anyway. I really liked how it stayed matte. I like how it has some type of olay in it(supposedly?) Bcuz I am getting old lol.. and I did see how it performed under a few situations.. heat.. all day..by itself-it did a good job. Now I just need to find ANOTHER one in a better color. It did hide most of my imperfections..and I liked that.. hopefully they DIDNT discontinue on me or anything.. and hopefully I can find this in MY color! Another thing-the compact: it broke on me :-/ I have had plenty of cover girl compacts and none of them have broke-until now :-/ no bueno :-/ I really wish that they made it bit more study..bcuz idk how the hell it broke but I sure wasn't all rough with it :-/

on 7/5/2014 11:10:00 PM

Compact fell apart after a week, Shimmery sparkles in the powder, the sponge gets very grungy
over 10 bucks for this though no thanks

on 6/24/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I did not have much expectation when i bought this product cause i was in rush when i decided to buy it. This pressed powder is quite cool. It is smooth and blends very easily. It gives a natural and bright look without standing out too much and stays long. I also like the packaging and the size is perfect. You don't have to worry about spending too much time on blending it. it has some shimmer in it but that works okay for me. Overall a good product for quick touchups.

on 6/23/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Soft and creamy but not oily at all. Leaves a lovely velvet touch to your face. If you use a brush, the powder does not fly all over the air

on 2/20/2014 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Overall it seems to be an ok powder. The shades are very limited though. The powder performs nicely, i still have to blot oil during the day at least twice so that's a lippie off. I came across Sonia Kashuk pressed powder recenty though and although those shades are also limited, i managed to find one that fits me exactly and is much better than Olay Cover Girl. This will be my emergency just in case i run out of Sonia Kashuk powder.

on 1/11/2014 7:21:00 PM

This is not a bad powder, but I don't care for the shimmer. I like the compact, it looks pretty nice for a Cover Girl product. It gives a bit of coverage on it's own, and doesn't look too dry. But I just can't get past the shimmer,and ultimately, would not buy it again. There are just other powders I like better.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this on sale at Target. I really wanted a pressed powder to try out because loose powder can get messy and isn't portable. Surprised to say but I quite like it, as I never find myself a big fan of CG products. It makes my make-up look matte (I use this for touching up after a long long day) and helps it stay longer. It does not give me a caked up look some other powders have.

You can't see it but there are tiny sparkles when applied on face. This does not bother me as I really like sparkles and I find that it is not even noticeable nor does it accentuate my pores. It was only noticeable when swiped some on my hand to see what it looks/feels like. Otherwise I can't say I've been seeing it on my face when looking at the mirror unless I'm looking reeeallllyyyy close.

Overall, a great product. It does its job which is keep face matte and great for touch-ups. Will repurchase.

on 9/19/2013 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Great powder. Smooths my complexion. I have very oily skin and some large pores and blemishes/discolorations and it hides them very well. Just have to dab extra amounts of the powder on trouble spots with finger or qtip. Or this powder and concealer is awesome. The end look is very soft and almost luminous.

I went to Lancome and tried their No. 1 powder foundation - forgot name - you could apply it dry or dampen with water....well, I had Olay powder on and had the girl cleanse one side of my face and apply Lancome's and compared it to Olay's Covergirl powder and Olay's looked better!!! So I saved a lot of money!!!

on 8/4/2013 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Live this pressed powder. Normally my HG powder is the Covergirl simply foundation pressed powder, but they're ere out if it at the store so I picked this one up, annoyed to have to use something different. What a surprise. Takes forever to oxidize. The finish is a combination of Dewey and matte for me, which I love. The "shimmer" is a bit annoying but I got over it. I'm reading a lot of negative reviews about the applicator. First of all, u never use the applicators included in your make up packages. Never. I use a Sonia Kashuk kabuki brush when I put this on my face and it's a serious miracle for me. Live the product, works very well with Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Eye Concealer also.