Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

4.2

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 8/17/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very light powder that goes on translucent or "invisible" according to the packaging. This did break on me a few times in my purse so I started using it at home only and had no further breakage. It did help my oiliness stay at bay a bit and was even a good undereye setting powder. I won't buy again due to price. I think my Maybelline Matte powder or the Rimmel Stay Matte work just as well for my oil and they're cheaper.

on 8/10/2015 5:21:00 AM

My skin oils blend with some powders after at least an hour of wear and create a nice dewy, almost poreless, look. These are the type of powders I enjoy because some others blend with my oils and become blotchy or just plain oily. Once this nice dewy look appears I get a few hours of it before it becomes just oily. However with this powder the dewy look lasted seven hours (I removed it so I don't know if it would have lasted longer) and didn't venture into greasy/oily territory. If I want to become matte again then I'll use the powder again and the dew will disappear, but I like the healthy radiant appearance dew gives to me. I apply this with a fluffy powder brush from target (Up and Up) and take a smaller travel powder brush for on the go. Using the sponge/puff provided is too difficult for me because it applies too much and it is hard to blend the white into my medium/tan skin. I imagine it would be fine if you are fair. So I have to make sure the brush I use is not to dense so that I can pick up a small amount, but it's the perfect amount for my skin.

on 4/27/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

What a great powder! After trying the CoverGirl Oil Control Pressed Powder and hating it, I did my research and found this gem. It comes in one translucent color for all skin tones, and costs about $12 at Ulta. I love that I can wear this by itself or over bb cream. I have VERY oily, clog-prone skin, but I trust Neutrogena and this kept the shine away and didn't break me out! I love that it's non-comedogenic. It lasts for about 4-5 hours before the shine starts coming through, but it never cakes up or gets splotchy as it breaks down. Even though it's translucent, I never get a white cast, but I'm pale so maybe that's why. I use a powder brush (not the sponge it comes with), and just swirl it on. It doesn't look chalky or powdery, and not too matte. I'm pretty sure I'll repurchase!

on 12/13/2014 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HOLY GRAIL!! I have oily/combo/acne prone skin, and this works like a charm. No colour, no white cast in pictures, just a beautiful matte look. The packaging is so sleek and slim, I love a plain black packaging, reminds me of NARS packaging. This keeps me matte and is an amazing blotting powder when needed. Super cheap for what this is, but sadly you can't find any of the Neutrogena makeup line in Canada. Over all, amaaaaazing product, I suggest giving it a try

on 10/25/2014 5:43:00 PM

Let me start off by saying I have the most sensitive,acne prone, problem skin you could imagine!ive tried every setting powder on the market high end low end you name it ! And this is by far the best, my skin get extremely shiny in my tzone no matter what I put on it, mattifying primer, foundation everything always gets oily but this is a life saver. I have my makeup on from 7am-6pm and didn't even blot once! But this is great to throw in your bag just to touchup in certain areas , doesn't look cakey or change the color of your foundation AMAZING , is a little expensive for the drugstore but this is the besttttt and it doesn't break me out and EVERYTHING does get this!

on 10/20/2014 6:03:00 PM

I have VERY OILY acne prone skin. Not to mention I live in Florida where it's almost always hot and humid. Anyways, I wear this alone on my bare skin and in controls my oil so well. I don't need to blot till roughly 10 hours after applying. Usually I have to blot 3 hours after washing my face. LOVE this product it's a miracle worker. A bit expensive but I will forever repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried to like this stuff.. but couldn't. Its also too light for me. I wish there were some other way to use this but on my skin shade..it makes me look white. And thats not cool.

on 9/12/2014 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this because I wasn't interested in plunking down for MAC Blot (I remember when that stuff was $18 and now it's $26! *sadface*). I hemmed and hawed about what drugstore powder to get before settling on this one, and I just hit pan on it last week. To use it, press it into my skin with my Elf big powder brush (LOVE that thing!) after applying tinted moisturizer and concealer. The bottom line is that I like this product, and it can definitely handle the oil build-up in my T-zone, but it can get cakey around my nose and mouth if I'm too heavy-handed with it. I also think that it makes dry patches appear more dry...so moisturize those adequately if you have them! I think this powder only comes in a translucent shade, which is fine with me, but darker skins might need something more. The packaging is nice (sturdy black matte plastic compact) and the mirror is good too. As with all powder compacts, I ditch the puff right away. I think I would purchase this again, but I recently caved in to MAC again. When I come to my senses, I'll go back to the drugstore for pressed powder: I'd like to try the Rimmel Stay Matte product also.

on 8/18/2014 4:48:00 PM

Absolutely adore this translucent powder for daily touch-ups. I have an extremely oily t-zone, but my skin is also prone to dryness becasue of topical acne treatments from the derm. This absorbs the oil, leaving NO trace of white residue and doesn't dry out my skin. It doesn't alter the color or take away from whatever foundation I'm wearing. I've used this product for over a year now. I won't leave home without it if I'm wearing makeup.

on 8/1/2014 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm usually not a pressed powder person, after having had some disasterously cakey experiences. But As I've been slacking with my makeup this summer (i.e. not wearing foundation unless I feel like I have too), my skin has been looking pretty red, shiny, and all togther gross. I bought this on a whim at Duane Reade. I had been planning on buying a powder with some color to it, but decided on this one when I was too lazy to try and match my skin. I've used setting powders/'white' powders in the past and was somewhat wary of it, but decided to buy it anyway.

I am very pleased with the results thus far. I put this powder on in the morning after my sunscreen and I can immediately tell the difference. If I'm out for a long time or if it is particularly hot/humid I do sometimes need to reapply it after 5 or 6 hours, but it certainly isn't a constant battle between skin and powder.

Pros: Absorbs quickly, no smell, no white cast (I do make sure to double check for this though, as I have, once or twice, not blended it in properly and had white smudges around my nose), does its job, no breakouts, way less expensive than similar products I've tried

Cons: I hate the included application puff

All in all I am very fond of this product, and am happy I decided to buy it!