September 17, 2014 | 1923 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Brocato - Vibrastrait Oscillating Flat Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by PMAR

OK, I submitted my original review through ULTA, where I purchased it from, but my review has yet to show up on the website. I really wanted to post a review on this flat iron because the only place the flat iron is exposed is ULTA. I have a hard time finding an abundance of reviews. So here is mine:

I have long hair (past my chest), it's fine, but I have a lot of it. Its naturally wavy, but I prefer the pin-straight look. Over time I have owned several flat irons all of which have not delivered to my expectations. I am a very picky person and very conscious about my looks, so I know the results that I am looking for. I have owned a CHI, a Solano (from 2002), a CROC, and a Rusk Srt8 flat iron. As you can tell, none of these flat irons made me want to purchase them again.
I bought the RUSK Str8 before I purchased the Brocato because my mom owns the Rusk flat iron. Whenever I am at her house I use her iron and am always amazed with the results. I currently owned a CHI and wanted to replace it badly with the Rusk. Well, the first time purchasing the Rusk it did not heat up at all. I was very disappointed. Rusk claims to be only sold at professional stores, and mine was purchased at Ulta. It broke upon my first use.

I decided to give it another shot and it broke again. This time the power switch was flimsy. I was willing to give it one last shot. After all, my mother owns it and it lasted her two years. Well, my local Ulta sold out of the Rusk and I wasn't going to leave the store without a flat iron. I scoured the store to find something that I could try. I came across the Brocato, a beautiful flat iron that will truly amaze and surpass your expectations. I swapped my Rusk iron for the Brocato - I had to pay a little more, but I was okay with it.

This flat iron will not disappoint you. The vibrating sound is a little off putting at first, but it truly straightens every piece of your hair and it does not tangle or pull. It glides smoothly over your strands and leaves your hair soft and so shiny. I typically run my iron twice on each section of hair, but you can run over it just once and you'd be set. I am a perfectionist though.

It heats up fast. I use the highest setting which is 450 degrees. Anything lower and my hair will not iron out. I do protect my hair with a thermal protectant and use products that are reputable. The results I get are amazing. This iron seals in moisture so if you're out on a humid day your hair will not frizz up at all. I've used the iron a few times in humidity and I was so impressed with it. With this tool I am no longer in fear of the humidity.

The look is great too. It is classy and has green plates. It's easy to use and very easy to function. There is a 3 year warranty, too. THREE YEARS! The other flat irons I owned were only two. I feel confident about this purchase even more with a warranty like this.

I feel like I just got out of the salon with every use of the Brocato. I feel confident, more happy, more beautiful. This is good for any type of hair! I am here to promote this product because I know I am not the only woman out there looking for the best flat iron for their hair. This is truly it. Don't let the vibrating sounds put you off, it is indeed the best way to iron your hair without any pulls or tugs. If you want pin straight hair this is the iron for you. I only use it for straightening purposes, but you can do more with it too.

Give this is a shot!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by luisajames

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This flat iron I believes works well. I don't think it's any better than a chi yet not as good as a ghd. I prefer the flat iron with the oscillations on because it glides through the hair. when it's off it can tug and pull the hair a bit if i press the iron too hard against the hair. i use this flat iron mostly to add volume and can make curls and waves very easily with the barrel. I think there are better irons out there but i will continue to use this and am pretty happy with having it.