November 28, 2014 | 1787 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous Power Volume 24H (waterproof)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Why is the rating so low? Two coats in pic above, no combing. Just thick, long dramatic eyelashes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pleasantly surprised by this one. I had no trouble with clumps, absolutely no smudging or flaking, and it does volumize really nicely. Nice big, thick brush that I find easy to use, also.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by meggaroni

I'm in love with this mascara! The brush is GIGANTIC, in a good way in my opinion. It gives you great volume without clumping together, which is surprising for a bristle brush this big…

Another thing I look for is a mascaras ability to hold a curl, and this works great! Keep in mind that I only wear waterproof, mainly for this specific reason. Waterproof mascara holds a curl so much better than non-waterproof. My lashes stay curled all day long with none/minimal flaking (only if i've rubbed my eyes a bit i've noticed). I work in a cosmetics department and I constantly have people asking if i'm wearing fake lashes, and when I say no I sell this mascara no questions asked.

It does dry out a bit after a week of so, but I personally like a dryer formula of mascara, again because it hold a curl better and doesn't weigh down my lashes. It also looks really nice when paired with Lancome Cils-booster, you've got unbelievable doll-eyed lashes perfect for a night out!

I always recommend this if you're looking for a budget friendly, big-volume mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara is excellent at 1) staying put all day through long work days, naps, heavy rain, and more; 2) holding curl; and 3) CLUMPING. The first two qualities are great, the third is a dealbreaker for me: I'd rather have no mascara on than have to deal with weird spidery clumps.

It's a shame because the formula's staying power is so impressive. However, this mascara's brush is a joke. It's gigantic, making CG Lash Blast or Diorshow Extase's brushes look petite in comparison, and completely worthless as it comes out of the tube covered in clumps, which then transfer onto your eyelashes. I have zero patience for pulling out my eyelash comb at 6 am when I'm putting mascara on and trying to work out every little clump and wonky spider lash when I can layer a few coats of Lash Blast 24 Hr and be out the door looking fantastic.

Bottom line: this mascara does get some things right, but there are many waterproof mascaras on the market at this price point that volumize and lengthen better and have better brushes. I would only recommend this product if holding curl for a lengthy period of time is your only criteria for a mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Carson123

I've been using loreal's voluminous line of mascaras since high school. They have been my HG. This had got to be one of the best ones I've tried. After curling my lashes with a shisheido eyelash curler and applying two small coats of this, my lashes look incredibly long and thick. Almost to the point of fake. It's great at holding a curl and pretty much lasts all day. I can't believe there are bad reviews on this product. Probably one of the best mascaras I've used, including benefit's they're real and LancĂ´me's hypnose drama.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by ajlala1221

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is probably the worst mascara I've ever bought. I can't really rate the product because it seems so little of it actually makes it onto my lashes. This brush is horrible!! It doesn't seem to actually get any of the product out of the tube and if it does, it doesn't really transfer to the lashes very well. The brush is spindly and big, I'm almost afraid to get it too close to my eye because it look like it could do some serious damage. My lashes certainly aren't thicker, longer looking or fuller. They look like they have a little coating of product, nothing spectacular. I should have stuck with lash stiletto but I'm a sucker for new waterproof formulas and I had to try this :(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by ocelot1

Bought this at Ulta in black. My lashes are straight, straight, straight. Short medium length and dark. I bought the waterproof which I expected to hold the curl from my Shiseido curler and it held the curl fairly well, but didn't give any dramatic thickness. Leans more on the "natural" side. Adds no length. The brush is a more full wand and it's kind of spindly not fluffy if that makes sense. Smudged, but if I apply Clarins double fix I won't smudge. No flaking which is nice, as other Loreal mascaras I've tried flaked a lot. I prefer maybelline colossal wp as a mascara and won't purchase this one again as it just wasn't as "voluminous" as expected.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Ha77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently bought Power Volume 24h Black Smoke. I absolutely love this mascara. It doesn't flake or smear on my eyes. It really plays up my lash length and thickness. My eyes really pop with this product. I'm not a raccoon at the end of the day and I've slept with it on a few times to wake up looking great without that slept in mascara look. Ive been to the beach several times without becoming a runny black mess. It washes off with my facial soap easily without needing make-up remover. I love the fact that it doesn't have that chemically rose scent that so many mascaras tend to have.

Update: I just let my daughter try this mascara and the results are incredible. This curled her super straight, but super long eyelashes, without using an eyelashes curler.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by definelove

I like this mascara! I have pretty long lashes to begin with and I just prefer volumizing mascaras. The mascara wand is definitely a little different from some other mascaras that I've tried in the past, I don't know how to explain it. It volumizes quite well with two coats and most importantly, it holds my curl up fantastically (12+ hours).

I took one lippy off because I don't find it to be *perfectly* waterproof. I still do get slight smudging at the corners of my eyes by the end of the day. Nothing embarrassing enough to make me stop using the product (but to be fair, I have that problem with almost all waterproof mascaras).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My review is for the black smoke version. I really like it. It's a dark matte color. It does make my lashes look very plush. It's surprising that I like this because I've tried the regular version in very black and I hated it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No