April 24, 2014 | 1874 users online

Pressed Powders - Lancome - La Roseraie

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by PhatMuffin

I don't really get this product. It says that it's an illuminating smooth powder that gives a rosy glow to the entire face. When I bought it it looked really shimmery, like a peachy pink shimmer highlighter which is just what wanted, but when I came home and applied it it turned out that the shimmer was only a top layer to make the powder look pretty on display. The rest of the powder has only a slight hint of shimmer that I don't find illuminating at all, it's barely visible in the packaging and I can't even see it on my face. It's more like a really pale regular pressed powder.

I've tried to apply it several ways, as a highlighter it does not have enough glow, as a blush (using only the peach colored side) it's to pale, as an all over finishing powder it makes my face white! I have a really pale, even skin tone but it still made me look white and powdery. It improves a little bit when I only use the peachy colored side of the palette but not much as the colors are very similar.

If the shimmer on top was in the entire powder it would have given me a perfect glow, the first application with the top shimmer looked fantastic! I still use it because it works as a mattifier an my oily t-zone and then I just put add a little of Guerlains meteorites pearls on top, but it kinda fells like a waste of money. If anyone has a tip on how to use this, let me know.