August 29, 2014 | 1836 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Kate Somerville - True Lash - Lash Enchancing Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received a deluxe sample of this product, which is not something I would normally consider purchasing. $35 seems steep compared to other eye makeup removing products. However, after a few days of use I am hooked. Of all the eye makeup removers I've tried, this one does the best job at removing stubborn waterproof mascara. The texture is more of a lotion and while expensive, a little goes a long way. I haven't used the product long enough to weigh in on the lash growing claims, but the cleansing has me sold.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I really love this product. I can't say that it has enhanced my lashes (and I'm on tube #2), but it does remove ALL of my eye makeup (I use primer, shadow, eyeliner, and usually boatloads of L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black or Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash) without me having any lashes fall out on my cotton pads. The only negatives about this product are that it is very expensive, and I seem to go through the tubes reaaaaaaalllllyyyyy quickly. But overall a great product, I just wish it were $10-$20 cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

From the website:
This incredible multi-tasker not only removes makeup, it also restores the look of lashes with one simple swipe. True Lash Lash Enhancing Eye Makeup Remover gently wipes away all kinds of eye makeup - even waterproof and long-lasting formulas. A cutting-edge Lash Enhancing Peptide is formulated to create more voluminous lashes. In addition, luxurious botanicals help reduce the appearance of puffiness and fine lines, while nourishing extracts are designed to condition the entire eye area.

Well, that's great, but this did not remove my eye make-up; two eyeshadows, primer, two eyeliners, mascara. Still had smudges under my eyes when used as directed, so that sort of negates the benefits because I ended up using a Bliss gel remover that took everything off. I guess some products are just not made to multi-task. For $35.00 this should have taken everything off so that I could enjoy the benefits. Sadly, it was not to be.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by nideSUPERgirl

Contrary to what everyone seems to be saying about this remover, it totally didn't work for me. I use waterproof makeup (MAC eyeliner and Lancome mascara), and all this managed to do was smudge it around without really removing it. Most of my makeup was still on my eyes, and they stung like crazy. I had to use my usual remover (Lancome Galatee Confort) to get it all off. The only thing I liked about this was the tube. Never going to buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by shelsbells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obsessed with keeping my eye lashes! when the girl at nordstrom assured me this would help keep my precious lashes in tact I jumped on it! haha I am hooked this is a really great product. I use lilash and a good mascara but being able to take off make make up with minimal lash loss helps.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Emily0816

I hate to be the voice of dissension, but this product smeared my makeup around my eyes and stung. I had to follow it with Lancome's bi-facil to remove everything. My eyes were red and teary after use. I think using a creamy remover on a cotton ball leads to smearing in and of itself because you can't be exact in the same way you are with a q-tip. In terms of lash enhancement, I'd rather use bi-facil and follow up with a brush-on enhancer than attempt a 2-for-1 with this. I had to use a pea-size amount and still couldn't remove everything, which seems excessive given that you only need to dunk a q-tip into bi-facil.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this more than I thought I would. I've been using Clinique take the day off for years. Once in a while I wear waterproof mascara and this worked well to remove it. It removes eye make up without a greasy film left behind. No stinging. The skin around my eyes is ultra sensitive and prone to exzema. I've been using this for about 3 weeks. so far so good. Just took a lippie off because it doesn't need to be this expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by humbuggery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edit: I returned this. I finished one tube and I felt like I had to use too much product to take everything off. The Josie Maran oil cleanser is a much better value: You get more product, its around the same price and it works faster and better and doesn't sting my eyes like this does. I feel like it didn't do a whole lot for my lashes

I'm surprised this product doesn't have any reviews yet!

It comes in a 1.7 oz pump tube and retails for $35 in the US. I bought my first tube at Neiman Marcus, and I bought the second from Sephora, as a backup. I use this solely for removing my mascara, but sometimes I'll be a bit naughty and use it to remove my shadow as well, although I conserve less of it this way.

I'm not expecting any big results from this, I just wanted a nice eye makeup remover with a gentle formula that would remove everything easily and condition my lashes and keep them from falling out so often during mascara removal.

The fragrance of the product is nice, as is the consistency and texture. It feels very much like a moisturizer, which I believe speeds up the process of mascara removal. It really emulsifies all that icky cakey end-of-the-day mascara that is dried on your lashes, and allows it to wipe off easily without damaging your lashes. I use a q-tip with this product. I dispense a bit on the q-tip and apply directly to my lashes, and using it as I would a normal makeup remover.

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua), Caprylyl Methicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Propandiol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Sodium Hyaluronate, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract , Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Persea, Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Urea, Triacetin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Acrylates/ C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).