December 18, 2014 | 1143 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Illamasqua - Sealing Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Conny68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This comes in a twin pack of 2 small bottles. I use it with the Illamasqua cake liner and other brands, too (Kryolan, Face Stockholm) - one drop forms a paste that I then pick up with a brush and use it to line my lid.

A few tips given to me by a lovely lady at the Illamasqua flagship store:

1) Put a drop on the back of your hand, wet the brush, swirl it on the cake eyeliner and mix it at the back of your hand. It's not easy to get the right consistency straight away (either too liquid or too dryish). Working it on the back of the hand gives you a pretty good idea straight away as to whether to add another drop of sealant or more cake liner.
2) Using the sealant with the cake liner will make it budge proof, but it's important to work quickly as it dries very quickly. On the other hand, mistakes can be easily corrected with a damp q-tip.
3) Using this will form a translucide film on the cake eyeliner, which means that it will hard to use it with water. Reserve a corner on the cake liner for this and another for water, if you intend to use both.
The sealant can be also used to transform any eyeshadow or pigment into a liner, too. I use either an angled brush like the SK one, or a thin pointed one (MAC 210). I will repurchase as it's good value for money and even 2/3 drops go a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far the only Illamasqua product that disappointed me.

I'd been using plain old eyedrops for the same purpose and wanted to see if this would work better. Well, it doesn't. In fact, it's slightly worse, doesn't mix as well with most of my eyeshadows and forms a crust, which is a problem I haven't had with the eyedrops. Overall I find it very overpriced and pretty underwhelming.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

I love illamasqua and this product works just as it says it does. I bought 2 illamasqua pigments in alluvium and ore and they are gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:13:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic product. I applied it to my brush then picked up a pink MAC pigment and applied it to my eyelid. Lasted all day and even gave the colour more depth.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by minihollyxo

I am in love with this little gem. I mainly use this with my Illamasqua Eyebrow Cake to make them stay put all day and honestly I don't know how I coped with my brows before I bought this product.
The only downside to this is that once you apply it to an eyeshadow it kind of foils over if that makes sense making it not usable unless you add sealing gel over it again so if you can just stick to using it in one area with eyeshadows, the eyebrow cake doesn't bother me as I only ever really use sealing gel with my eyebrow cake anyway.
Overall I love this product and what you can do with it, love the packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this product 5 lipsticks for doing what it claims to do - make pigments more vibrant/intense and stay put once they are applied. And for this reason I will repurchase.

However it must be forewarned that it KILLS pigment in that once the product has dried it is utterly useless (like coloured colourless powder, if that makes sense) unless you mix the Sealing Gel into it again. The first time I used it I watched the video where the MUA drops the gel into the eyeshadow so not knowing how else I should go about doing it that's what I did too. Thankfully I only dropped one tiny drop on one tiny corner of my eyeshadow pan, so that's the only part that I now cannot use without the Sealing Gel. This wouldn't happen on loose pigments because you can mix the gel away in a separate container, but if mixing in pressed pigments try not to pour too much into your pan and only drop in one small corner so you wouldn't spoil the rest unless you intend to use the Sealing gel each time you use the product. Don't say I didn't warn you.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by kerriki

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I threw this into an order wondering if it would come in handy.
Well it will convert ANYTHING into a usable cosmetic for say, lining the eyes or fixing glitter. It must be from the makeup pro repertoire and I think MAC has something similar.
Recommended for converting those crap eyeshadows from the supermarket into something useful! (I'm too much of a purist to put wet stuff into my pigments, but I did see on a blog someone using a little watercolour painters' palette to mix the dry and wet).