October 21, 2014 | 2005 users online

Eye Shadow - Louise Young - Essential Eye Palette

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this two years ago after seeing pixiwoo liking it. Howver I never use it and when I use it I find the result to be a bit patchy. It doesn't blend really well. Also this doesn't suit my NC35 color very well, maybe it is too cool tone. Everytime I try to warm everything with the brick red color it cool very weird on me. I'm giving this away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can makeup be life changing? If so, this totally is life changing. After watching Jenna Marbles do a makeup tutorial (by the way, she is surprisingly clued up about makeup) I decided I need some matte shades. I bought my pallette from BeautyBay.

For everyday I use the dark brown to fill in my brows (why have I not done this before??), the light brown all over and the cream in the inner corners.

For a smoky eye I do the same, but use the dark brown to contour, black to line and the brick red as a pop.

There are millions of looks you can create. I can't wait until I save up enough to buy the Essentials Two pallette!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by luna77

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Louise is a very experienced mua who has been I nthe industry a long time and her products are top notch. No big corporate company managing her line which means her products are not made by cutting costs and adding cheap ingredients. You get what yo upay for and you can't buy better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've spent 30 mins trying to review Louise young's newest brushes, I await a response from MUA, as to why I have not been able to. Sorry to bore you all, my reviews are based on my being,a senior pro of 20 years I enjoy advising on building up student kits. I attended United make up artists expo in London at the week end, A pro only event, mostly free of non make up artist, bloggers, and youtube groupies. I'm not a fan of boring neutrals, so was delighted with the addition of the black, to smoke it up, and the addition of a beautiful rusty, brick colour, which makes the palette extremely versatile. The quality of the shadows is up their with the best, brush in the kit is nice, thats a first for a kit. Shadows are finely milled, fantastic pigment, 2 of the shadows I would use for brows, the black can also be used as a liner,us old pros, or old farts, whatever, were taught to use liquids or cakes, which many of us still favour. Kit contains. a generous amount of each colours. I pay for my own products. This is a great addition to any kit, nice for personal use and for travel. No less than I would expect from an artist that writes course work for HD And BTEC courses. New brush LY43 is right up there with super foundation brush, I'll review it and Ly45 super blender as soon as I get a response from make up alley, it maybe the problem is my awful lack of tech skills. UK prices are good, and can be bought at PAM or www.louiseyoungcosmetics.com. for my USA cousins, I believe they are now available at Nordstrom. Uk artists all love and support this brand,

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by kocoannie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really adore this super versatile eye shadow pallet by the make up artist Louise Young.

Everyone should have a sensible collection of matte shades and with this pallet you need not look any further.

This collection of very usable shades comes in very sleek packaging which is great for traveling or putting in your handbag.

The eyeshadow colours are great for creating very natural looks or more dramatic looks. I also use the pigments as a liner and for filling in my eyebrows and on the odd occasion - contouring.

The norm seems to be with brushes that are provided with any pallet, are usually pretty crap and often thrown away but the Louise Young brush provided is surprisingly of high quality and very lovely to use!

I love the matte eyeshadows. It's so nice to steer away from all the usual shimmery selections!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pixiwoo made me do it, but I don't mind. This is Louise Young's only makeup so far alongside her quality brush range, and it's very good. Five matte neutral eyeshadows in a sturdy palette with a small but usable brush.

It comes with Ting, a light cream, similar to MAC's Vanilla e/s, Maowi, a light gray, similar to Copperplate, Pom Pom, similar to Concrete, Black Bear, a black not quite as dark as Carbon, and Sislet, which I don't have a dupe for, it's a dark brick red. Each e/s applies beautifully, with a very creamy texture, not chalky at all. You could do a LOT of looks with just this palette. Sislet looks the least usable out of the set, but I find it great to warm up the crease or do an unusual smoky eye that is offset by the other cooler neutrals.

It's 30, which is pricey but good value considering you are getting five eyeshadows and a brush. I can take this with me when I travel and not need any other eyeshadows, it's very multi-purpose and can be used for day and night looks, as liner and for filling in eyebrows.

One thing, which is probably just me, these shadows are very, very matte. I find I like to just add a hint of shimmer or sheen to liven up the lid or browbone a bit, something like Naked pigment. This defeats the purpose of buying a matte palette, I know I know, and it's not a criticism of the product. Just be sure that matte is the look you want to go for, because that's definitely the look you are going to get.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No