September 2, 2014 | 1002 users online

Conditioner - TRESemme - Split Remedy Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by kiwigal99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this and the shampoo in travel size to keep at my boyfriend's house for when I would have to shower there after work (I like to shower before 9pm so my hair has time to dry before I sleep).

This made my neck break out! The only other time this has happened to me is using the Nexxus hydratherapy shampoo and conditioner. Other extremely moisturizing shampoos and conditioners did not make me break out like this did.

It made my hair greasy and weighed down no matter how long I left it in or how little I used. It felt so gross, I'm glad I only got the travel size.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by crerickson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Best conditioner I have ever found for my hair.
I have fine, frizzy, curly-ish-wavy hair and lots of it. This helps to keep my hair from poofing. All the things others have been complaining about with this, are the exact reasons I love it.
It is sort of like using a sea salt spray on your hair. My hair texture looks and works best after a day or two (or three) of oil and dirt accumulating on it, however, I can't stand to go that long without washing, so this, along with the split remedy styling cream has been perfect for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by ladykay64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Worst hair product ever. My hair is like straw & I am struggling to get a comb through it !!!! I will now have to try & sort this mess out , Don't buy this product unless you want to look like Worzel Gummidge !!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by NinjaKitteh06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was a bit worried that I was over reacting but I swear after one use this made my hair more brittle and lifeless.. I didn't have bad split ends to begin with but I they look 10x worse now (and I've been using this for over a week). After reading the other reviews on here I don't think I'm over reacting :/ I will not be buying this again.. it will probably go in the bin tonight when I get home.. I've had problems with Tresseme products being to harsh on my hair before and this just reminded me why I never buy them..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by polivv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry, fine, split- and breakage-prone hair. I've used this conditioner together with TRESemme's Platinum Strength shampoo, and together they definitely slow down the inevitable appearance of split ends in my hair. Before I started using this conditioner, not even a month after a trim I would get lots of split ends, but since I've been using it, I've been able to go over 4 months without a trim. It's no miracle, but then again what is? it's one of the best conditioners i've ever used, makes my hair much softer and holds up for 2 days. I don't wash my hair too often as it's delicate, but this definitely helps it stay strong for longer. I also love the smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I used this in conjunction with the shampoo as I figured I would get the best results and also see if my split ends did in fact reduce with continued use. I have to say the whole time I was using this the condition of my hair was good and I think it did make a difference in the amount of split ends I had, although I can't be certain that it helped to stop new ones from forming. However, the main issue I have with this (and the shampoo) is that the longer I seemed to use it, the more weighed down and heavy my hair seemed to get. It was almost like when used together, this and the shampoo were giving my hair some sort of coating which protected it from spilt ends but made it lose it's natural body and shape.

Since I've stopped using the combo of this and the shampoo I feel like my hair has returned to what I would consider 'normal', so I think the lesson learnt here is that although I would use it again, I would use it as more of a twice-weekly treatment in conjunction with my regular shampoo and conditioner, as opposed to the one I would reach for every day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by donnahsueh

This conditioner made me so angry everytime I used it in the shower! Instead of improving the state of my hair, I thought i made it worse! It did NOT make my hair feel softer at all! I also thought it was kind of weird how after it tried, my hair would stick together in clump. What the heck. It also smells really bad too. I have nothing good to say about this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by carouselgirl2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this along with the matching shampoo. Nice scent. Washes out easily. I leave it on for about five minutes and comb it through my hair well. I have long hair and do have to use detangler afterward.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by TheIllest

I actually never leave comments about any products, but literally went out of my way to make sure that I informed the world about this HORRID conditioner. This is by far the worst conditioner I have ever used in my entire life. It claims to help with split ends but the SECOND I let it touch my hair I immediately regretted even purchasing this product. No matter how much I used it was like it was having a reverse effect on my hair. My hair became dry, matted and completely stringy. The complete opposite of what a conditioner is supposed to do! I am actually offended that this product is even on the market. I wanted to return it but I lost the receipt. I even tried adding oils to it to give my hair some sort of reprieve, but no. I added coconut AND olive oil to no avail. I had to go out and by another conditioner AND deep conditioner to reverse the damage that it did to my hair, and after leaving both the new conditioner and deep conditioner on my hair for a half hour, it took me another hour to comb out the matted up mess that this conditioner made of my hair. And my hair is only bra strap length. I could go on for days about how terrible this is but I will leave you with this warning: if you are thinking about buying this bullshit, please, Please, PLEASE do yourself a favor and DON'T DO IT.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Mixed feelings about this conditioner. It did what it was supposed to do with my split ends.

It made my split ends look way, way better - I could skip the flat iron when I used it. (I have 95% straight hair, with just a bit of wave to iron out.)

But after about 6 days of use it started looking really lank and felt dirty - not soft, not swingy.

If I could get the results in one use, I'd use it occasionally but it takes me 4+ uses to really look good.