Dior dior vernis- 997 blue label

on 7/24/2013 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was craving an almost black navy and could not find exactly what I wanted, so based on another review of this product and the description on the web and the Nordstrom's site, I ordered this. Then I saw Essie Bobbing for Baubles on someone. When I received the Dior and took it to my manicurist's, I compared it to the Essie shade. They are almost exactly the same. Plus, my manicurist says that the thick brush is not good for application. So, I am returning it, unused. See my review of Bobbing for Baubles. Save your money. Essie is around 1/6 the price of the Dior.

on 3/2/2012 6:34:00 PM

Blue Label is a really chic, pretty, deep, almost grayed-down navy solid cream polish. One coat give almost opaque coverage (I used two coats) and I love the wide, curved brush. The color is a very sophisticated neutral, suitable for all occasions and seasons (but I also like dark polishes year-round). I'm not a fan of blue polishes on the whole, but because this is quite unique and very wearable, I've already been getting quite a bit of wear out of it and just love the look of it. The wear is quite good and I can get 5 days to a week with only some tip wear (depending on when I remove it), however I also apply my polishes using the Orly Bonder "sandwich," so that's been making a huge difference on length of wear for my manicures.