January 26, 2015 | 1476 users online

Cleansers - Alba Botanica - Natural Acnedote Deep Pore Wash

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2015 10:24:00 AM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this cleanser for about a couple of weeks now and I don't think I like it as much as I thought I would. It had treated some of my old breakouts but I can't tell if its this or the astringent that caused a few breakout at the same time. It doesn't dry out your skin. It smells very lemon and citrus so I wouldn't use it if you have sensitive skin. I use it now on my body and brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 10:03:00 PM More reviews by gmasterova

I am very impressed with the product. I've probably tried everything out there: from expensive luxury products to pharmacy ones. I got this face wash at a all-natural food store just because I thought it looked much healthier for my skin compared to the other products I've been using. Since I've been using it for a few weeks, I can honestly say it has been clearing up my skin noticeably. It is not drying, it smells like herbs, and it foams enough seeing as the liquid is rather thin compared to other face washes. Overall, I am extremely satisfied.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Jewel15iam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff in a way cleared my acne! It's bc of the salycilic acid. I bought it for a little over $7 but I think that's very cheap compared to some cleansers. They don't test on animals, have harsh chemicals, and exfoliate your skin. Beware: bc this is a bha, you might break out at first due to "purging". You can only purge with bha or aha. Anyway, I love this stuff, please try it out. It'll last for around three months, give or take.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Lebarefield

This stuff is magic. I use it after workouts only because thats what seems to trigger acne spots for me. It has menthol so it feels cooling and like its "doing something." It's helped clear up my skin for sure! I've been using it for about 2 years and always make sure to have a bottle on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirlLover1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have struggled with acne prone skin & acne scars for a long time. Used a lot of different products. This finally did it. I have no more acne, I've had only one zit in about 2 months. My scars have gone away so much. It makes my skin feel very clean & fresh. It smells like mint, & it has lasted a LONG time. The only bad thing is that I've only found this at Walmart, I really hope they don't stop selling it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by MorganandMakep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have struggled with acne for a long time and tried everything under the sun. This puppy is the only thing that has helped. Leaves my skin feeling clean and has made a huge difference in my skin. I love to use just a tiny bit as an over night treatment.
Bottom line, love it and it works

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a hard time deciding how to review this cleanser. Based off of the other reviews, I have no doubt that it is effective at what it is advertised to do, *as long as* your skin can tolerate it. My skin was not able to.

I have very tiny bumps across the bridge of my nose (possibly very small closed comedones). I was hoping that a good cleanser with salicylic acid would help clear them up with consistent use, but it seems as though my skin type is too dry to handle this product. It left my skin feeling extremely tight and I started developing pimples, two signs that my skin's natural moisture barrier had been stripped away by using a product that was too drying. However, I have very dry skin, and many products dry it out, so if your skin isn't moderately-to-severely dry, then you may have a better experience with this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

Recently I had a terrible acne break out. My skin is oily, sensitive and acne prone and seeing as I never had acne as a teen, this was very new to me as an adult. I tried Neutrogena Acne Stress Control and although my skin felt clean, it did nothing for my acne break out or controlling oily skin. After reading several great reviews, I decided to try the cleanser. It had worked great! My oil t-zone is no longer there and the acne has fine down quite a bit. I've only been using it for about two weeks. I am considering trying the Acnedote astringent although the Hawaiian Hibiscus Facial Toner works for fabulously for me. I'm going to keep using this to make sure it works perfectly for me. So far, I'm very satisfied!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sweetkittyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. I use it morning and night, and use the matching scrub every other day. The cleanser isn't too drying, and my skin feels refreshed and clean after drying. Controls my acne, and I love that the brand doesn't test on animals and is free of sulphates and fragrances. I recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the matching scrub too so I was very happy that I ended up liking this as well. It is very liquidy so I apply a bit to my exfoliating facial pad from Earth Therapeutics and work it in my skin, concentrating on my acne prone areas (Forehead and chin for me). It leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped. Removes my foundation and sunscreen without any irritation and has a lovely minty herbal smell. I have oily but sensitive skin so it is challenging to find a face wash that works for the long term. So far I think I am close to calling this my HG, but I want to see how it works until the end of summer before I make an official declaration. It really keeps acne and congestion at bay and doesn't leave any residue. It retails for about $9.99 but I think it is worth a shot. I'm considering trying the matching moisturizer next.