October 30, 2014 | 1696 users online

Cleansers - Alba Botanica - Natural Acnedote Deep Pore Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Jewel15iam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff in a way cleared my acne! It's bc of the salycilic acid. I bought it for a little over $7 but I think that's very cheap compared to some cleansers. They don't test on animals, have harsh chemicals, and exfoliate your skin. Beware: bc this is a bha, you might break out at first due to "purging". You can only purge with bha or aha. Anyway, I love this stuff, please try it out. It'll last for around three months, give or take.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Lebarefield

This stuff is magic. I use it after workouts only because thats what seems to trigger acne spots for me. It has menthol so it feels cooling and like its "doing something." It's helped clear up my skin for sure! I've been using it for about 2 years and always make sure to have a bottle on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirlLover1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have struggled with acne prone skin & acne scars for a long time. Used a lot of different products. This finally did it. I have no more acne, I've had only one zit in about 2 months. My scars have gone away so much. It makes my skin feel very clean & fresh. It smells like mint, & it has lasted a LONG time. The only bad thing is that I've only found this at Walmart, I really hope they don't stop selling it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by MorganandMakep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have struggled with acne for a long time and tried everything under the sun. This puppy is the only thing that has helped. Leaves my skin feeling clean and has made a huge difference in my skin. I love to use just a tiny bit as an over night treatment.
Bottom line, love it and it works

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2014 2:40:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a hard time deciding how to review this cleanser. Based off of the other reviews, I have no doubt that it is effective at what it is advertised to do, *as long as* your skin can tolerate it. My skin was not able to.

I have very tiny bumps across the bridge of my nose (possibly very small closed comedones). I was hoping that a good cleanser with salicylic acid would help clear them up with consistent use, but it seems as though my skin type is too dry to handle this product. It left my skin feeling extremely tight and I started developing pimples, two signs that my skin's natural moisture barrier had been stripped away by using a product that was too drying. However, I have very dry skin, and many products dry it out, so if your skin isn't moderately-to-severely dry, then you may have a better experience with this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Coolnique

Recently I had a terrible acne break out. My skin is oily, sensitive and acne prone and seeing as I never had acne as a teen, this was very new to me as an adult. I tried Neutrogena Acne Stress Control and although my skin felt clean, it did nothing for my acne break out or controlling oily skin. After reading several great reviews, I decided to try the cleanser. It had worked great! My oil t-zone is no longer there and the acne has fine down quite a bit. I've only been using it for about two weeks. I am considering trying the Acnedote astringent although the Hawaiian Hibiscus Facial Toner works for fabulously for me. I'm going to keep using this to make sure it works perfectly for me. So far, I'm very satisfied!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sweetkittyzz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this cleanser. I use it morning and night, and use the matching scrub every other day. The cleanser isn't too drying, and my skin feels refreshed and clean after drying. Controls my acne, and I love that the brand doesn't test on animals and is free of sulphates and fragrances. I recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the matching scrub too so I was very happy that I ended up liking this as well. It is very liquidy so I apply a bit to my exfoliating facial pad from Earth Therapeutics and work it in my skin, concentrating on my acne prone areas (Forehead and chin for me). It leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped. Removes my foundation and sunscreen without any irritation and has a lovely minty herbal smell. I have oily but sensitive skin so it is challenging to find a face wash that works for the long term. So far I think I am close to calling this my HG, but I want to see how it works until the end of summer before I make an official declaration. It really keeps acne and congestion at bay and doesn't leave any residue. It retails for about $9.99 but I think it is worth a shot. I'm considering trying the matching moisturizer next.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by DietmountainDew

I should say this is a must have for people with acne prone skin. I bought this together with the toner,moisturizer and spot treatment. This really makes my face clean and i really love the peppermint scent that also makes my skin feel refreshed. I think in order for this product to have a positive effect on your face is to buy the whole set. I should say this, together with the acnedote products really helped me in clearing my face from acne. Im on my 1st week of usage already and as early as now I am seeing positive changes. My small pimples flattened and the cystic ones are now drying up. i am also experiencing micro peeling, due to the salicylic acid on it. Thats why im also using Arca Cia organic argan oil to moisturize those dry spots.
I will definitely stick to this facial wash together with the other acnedote products.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Mmmel

I'm 17 with very oily skin. My acne is hormonal and only in my t-zone. I also have occasional cystic acne on my forehead and chin. I feel like this stuff didn't do much for me. It kept my face feel clean but that's about it. I saw no difference in my acne. I paid about $10 for this at target and I'm just trying to use it up so I can try something new.