April 17, 2014 | 1375 users online

Cleansers - Alba Botanica - Natural Acnedote Deep Pore Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Mmmel

I'm 17 with very oily skin. My acne is hormonal and only in my t-zone. I also have occasional cystic acne on my forehead and chin. I feel like this stuff didn't do much for me. It kept my face feel clean but that's about it. I saw no difference in my acne. I paid about $10 for this at target and I'm just trying to use it up so I can try something new.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I have used this cleanser on & off as well as the scrub for a couple of years. This cleanser definitely has helped keep my acne at bay, and I find myself going back to it when I have problems. I love the fact that it contains natural ingredients with real acne fighting medicine. The only odd thing about this cleanser is the texture - it is VERY viscuous (liquidy). It comes out very fast & you kind of have to use it with some kind of applicator (washcloth, brush, etc). The bottle could be designed better so that either it is a squeeze bottle or a similar bottle with a very small opening/dispenser. The bottle design is definitely not enough to sway me from buying it again because it works. Also, I think the fragrance is just fine - some may call it medicinal, I would call it herb-y. Anyway, it's momentary - it doesn't last. Like I said, I also love the scrub (I use it on my shoulders and chest as well), and the toner is really nice too. The products are nicely priced (I get good deals at Target), especially if you compare them to the bad-for-your-skin chemically products from the marketing giants Neutrogena/Clearasil/Stridex. I definitely recommend the Acnedote line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome! Since turning 30, I started getting red itchy bumps on my forehead and got really oily. I started using this and it's been about 3 weeks since I started using, my skin is almost 100% clear and no more itchy red bumps. The oil production has gone down a lot also. It may not be for everyone, but it has been working great for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by eslovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination/oily skin and this cleanser has been doing wonders for me. It's natural, which I love, so I don't have to worry about using any harsh chemicals on my face. Also, since I have oily skin I tend be skeptical about products that say they won't dry out my skin too much and leave that annoying tight feeling. This product does not do leave my face stripped at all, it's amazing! It lathers up really nicely and I don't have any problems with the bottle pouring out too much. A little goes a long way with this cleanser, which is very cost effective. Also, the price is reasonable as well. It's between $8 and $10 depending on where you go, but you can find it in most drug stores. If you're looking for a product that has a heavenly smell then this might not be for you because it has more of a herbal medicinal smell. But I find that it doesn't linger so I wouldn't not purchase this just because it doesn't smell yummy. My acne has calmed down severely and I definitely owe it to this cleanser! Please, give this a try. You'll be happy that you did :]

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

I have always been on the hunt for a good facial wash ive tried several local and international brands but nothing worked for me. Until I came saw this on an organic store I immediately googled for reviews and it seems like people were amazed with this product I just had to try it my self!

The product is packed with 2% Salicylic acid strong enough to kill my existing zits just after 2 days theyre almost gone! (dry to be exact) I was very please with the results ;)

The only con on this product is..it can be a bit drying but I dont mind I have a good moisturizer on standby! Girls with acne prone skin I highly recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by greengrapefruit

I am so impressed with this product!
My skin is picky and prone to breakouts, and cleansers can be too drying or leave residue. I bought this on a whim while ordering vitamins on Vitacost. This was on sale for like $5 and I figured if I didn't like it I could use it as body wash. I am very happy with this product because since I started using, the number of breakouts decreased! My skin is soft and feels cleans but not stripped. Skin feels really nice, no irritation or redness. (Of course, the acne effect cannot be fully contributed to this as I got back on BCP and am using B vitamins for acne.) But I can definitely say this have improved my skin.

AM - I use a small amount (pea size of the liquid) and rub into a foam and apply
PM - I use Shu Uemura cleansing oil to get rid of makeup first, then use this cleanser to remove any residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Jdm0220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I recently stopped using an Acne set bc it had stopped working and I have been on the hunt for something over the counter that actually works. My skin is combo oily in the T zone and I have light acne and hyper pigmentation from my last pregnancy. I bought the Acne Dote face wash and fell in love instantly. I went back and bought the toner and the oil free moisturizer and I feel like I am in heaven! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! I can't wait to try the rest of their all natural products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by AgeJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A bit about my skin -
I've got very dry skin with acne scars and active acne/lesions, no oiliness except on my forehead and the occasional flakiness.

I'm already on my second bottle of this, it's the only cleanser I have actually repurchased, I always just switched from random cleansers to random cleansers.
I am absolutely loving this, and my skin hasn't seemed to have 'gotten used' to it either, which is fantastic because I really don't want to stop using it!

I use this with my face brush (from Nutrimetics - imagine a detached Clarisonic head attached to a stick for manual use), and the combined effect of the brush and the salicylic acid is amazing at exfoliating.
This stuff really helped when my skin was at its worst, calmed things down, soothed and didn't dry out too much. I really do attribute alot of the improvement in my skin to this stuff, which I've never been able to say about a face wash.

I don't want to ramble on too much about the ingredients - but suffice to say, it's paraben free and completely vegan and natural. It's like they designed it just for me.
The price is right, I can usually find it between $8 and $12 dollars, not too shabby when it's 6oz of product. '
Only thing is they don't sell it in Australia - to my knowledge in anyway, so ordering online can get a little annoying when you factor in shipping. But the supplement website Vitacost often has this stuff on sale, a little tip for you ladies in the US who can benefit from the cheaper shipping.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by OleanderSky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this product daily for about a month and I really like it. It removes makeup and sunscreen easily. It has reduced my acne, though far from eliminated it. It has not caused any dryness above what I experienced before using this product, when I was washing my face with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Considering that Cetaphil doubles as a no-water-needed cleanser and moisturizer that does little to remove ground-in theater makeup, while the Deep Pore Wash strips clean everything but makeup caked in nose pores in one easy wash, I am pleasantly surprised that it is actually quite gentle. The one negative is the packaging. This is a very liquid cleanser and it pours out fast. The bottle has a pop-top and I spill out too much every time even though I know that's going to happen and I try to prevent it. I hate to be wasteful, especially at $10 a bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I feel like maybe it's too soon to write a review, but I can always update this later. I've been using this for 2 weeks, and WOW! note: I use this in combination with the acnedote astringent. I feel like you need both of them to get good results.

I have mild rosacea (the type that causes acne and rough skin, but I don't have an issue with telegaleria -- red skin -- very much). I've been using Azelex for years. it worked well to keep the bumps and roughness at bay, but was super expensive, even with health insurance. so on a whim, I started to google salicylic acid to see if it could also be used to treat these symptoms. it turns out, a few dermatologists do think it's gentle enough, and has some anti-inflammatory properties as well (it's related to aspirin).

I understand that when you switch to a new face product, sometimes you need to give it time to work well, and often gets worse before it gets better. the first few days, this cleanser made my skin look a too dry and irritated. so then I decided to add the astringent into the routine, because it contains some soothing and moisturizing ingredients (and because some claim it balances the PH). the two together seem to be the ticket for me. after I use the cleanser, I splash on the toner with my fingertips (no cotton ball) and my skin almost instantly calms. after a few days my skin seemed to normalize, and now it looks just as good as it did when I was using Azelex, if not better.

note: I tend to use the cleanser + toner only at night. in the morning, I splash water on my face and then use the toner alone.

so this was kind of an unorthodox review, but my point is that I think I can finally take myself off of my expensive prescription medicine! if my skin changes for the better or worse, I'll be sure to update this review.