Alba Botanica Natural Acnedote Deep Pore Wash

4.3

Not tested on animals

Active Ingredients:Salicylic Acid – 2.0 % Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Coco-Betaine, Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate, Lauryl Glucoside, Glycerin, Azadirachta Indica Leaf Extract (1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil (2), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (2), Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil (2), Sodium Chloride, Alcohol (1), Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool. (1) Certified Organic Ingredient; (2) Natural Fragrance

on 6/30/2015 12:50:00 PM

USD $10.45. I picked it up on a whim as I get hormonal cystic acne still and clogged pores. On my combination skin, it gets off all makeup and traces of oil that I use for makeup remover. It leaves a refreshing feeling, probably due to many plant extracts. WARNING: this is very, very drying and has strong ingredients that can potentially irritate your skin like peppermint extract and alcohol. For my combination skin, I use this once a day and use a creamy cleanser other times so I don't dry out my skin. I've also noticed that since I've been using it, the pores are less clogged, but I've also had to use sleeping masks more often as my usual night cream wasn't enough. I will definitely stop using it once summer is over and humidity gone.

I really like this stuff and it's not drying.

on 5/28/2015 6:11:00 PM

I am so happy I found this cleanser! Since high school I have had mild acne, and I have tried pretty much every cleanser/ face wash out there regardless of price. My acne got really bad during my semester abroad in Europe, and nothing I tried made it better. I got desperate and started buying really expensive products to try to treat it, but nothing worked... until I randomly bought Alba Botanica Acnedote! Omg I am so glad I found this product because my face is the clearest it's been in years. I use it twice a day with my Clairsonic, and I have had no new breakouts since I started it! Its only been about 3 weeks and my skin is softer, my scars are fading, and my skin looks great! I would definitely recommend this product. Its cheap, its so much gentler and more natural than other harsh cleansers, and it actually works!

I've been looking for a facial cleanser that worked 2X daily for 20 years. Every time I found one that seemed to be good for my fussy face (combination oily skin..dryer in winter, oily-er in summer humidity...acne-prone...medium to larger pores...SUPER unforgiving of a poor diet and me not drinking enough water...etc), it was good for a month or so then would join the ranks of half used face wash that I had to stop using. I started using the Alba Botanica body wash a couple years ago and fell in love, so when my walmart started carrying some Alba Botanica products and my Burt's Bees Acne face wash just wasn't cutting it, I tried the Acnedote face wash and FELL HARD! My new HG for sure. Been using it every day sometimes 2X/day (I try not to over wash and I rarely wear makeup every day) for over a year and a half and it has stayed just as awesome as the first week I used it. I have re-purchased it at least 4X. Now my sister s using and loving it, and my husband. :)

on 1/25/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have used this cleanser for about a couple of weeks now and I don't think I like it as much as I thought I would. It had treated some of my old breakouts but I can't tell if its this or the astringent that caused a few breakout at the same time. It doesn't dry out your skin. It smells very lemon and citrus so I wouldn't use it if you have sensitive skin. I use it now on my body and brushes.

on 1/12/2015 10:03:00 PM

I am very impressed with the product. I've probably tried everything out there: from expensive luxury products to pharmacy ones. I got this face wash at a all-natural food store just because I thought it looked much healthier for my skin compared to the other products I've been using. Since I've been using it for a few weeks, I can honestly say it has been clearing up my skin noticeably. It is not drying, it smells like herbs, and it foams enough seeing as the liquid is rather thin compared to other face washes. Overall, I am extremely satisfied.

on 8/27/2014 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff in a way cleared my acne! It's bc of the salycilic acid. I bought it for a little over $7 but I think that's very cheap compared to some cleansers. They don't test on animals, have harsh chemicals, and exfoliate your skin. Beware: bc this is a bha, you might break out at first due to "purging". You can only purge with bha or aha. Anyway, I love this stuff, please try it out. It'll last for around three months, give or take.

on 8/10/2014 12:13:00 PM

This stuff is magic. I use it after workouts only because thats what seems to trigger acne spots for me. It has menthol so it feels cooling and like its "doing something." It's helped clear up my skin for sure! I've been using it for about 2 years and always make sure to have a bottle on hand.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I have struggled with acne prone skin & acne scars for a long time. Used a lot of different products. This finally did it. I have no more acne, I've had only one zit in about 2 months. My scars have gone away so much. It makes my skin feel very clean & fresh. It smells like mint, & it has lasted a LONG time. The only bad thing is that I've only found this at Walmart, I really hope they don't stop selling it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have struggled with acne for a long time and tried everything under the sun. This puppy is the only thing that has helped. Leaves my skin feeling clean and has made a huge difference in my skin. I love to use just a tiny bit as an over night treatment.
Bottom line, love it and it works