April 20, 2014 | 1595 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Chocomania Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 6:23:00 AM More reviews by pineapple1187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite smells in the world! I wish the entire chocomania line smelled exactly like this (even though it smells lovely already). Apart from the smell, it is also very hydrating; it has a lotion effect on the lips (but I dont really have chapped lips often, just a bit dry sometimes).. Gets absorbed nicely and is transparent, making it nice for use before sleeping. I'd love it to leave a chocolate-coloured tint on the lips, but nevertheless it is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by dmshilvanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is by far the one lip butter that ever works on me. I think it's not for the 'beauty' make up, but rather as a treatment for dry, chapped lips.
My lips dries and get chapped so fast, especially in cold area. I live in a tropical country, I love my air-con, but it dries my lips and skin around my lips :'( So, to keep my lips moist and still can sleep comfortably at night, I use this before I go to bed.
I remember when I went to other country and it snowed, my lips got really dry, chapped, and even bleed :(( it hurt so much, I couldn't even smile :(( Fortunately, I brought this product with me, and in 2 days, my chapped lips were gone!! YAY!!

Pros:
-smells nice
-really moisturizes my lips, when I apply this before I go to bed, the next morning I get a really nice, kissable lips :*
-It's really small, but it lasts a year for me (I use it every day)

Cons:
-not really fond of the packaging, you have to use your finger to apply it (I guess you can use Q-tip, but why bother?)
-not really a 'beauty' make up product as it makes my lips looks pale and whitish.
-it's a bit pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by youngjust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is my bedside lipbalm for now. The pottle is a cute mini of the body butters. The smell is delicious which is why I would rebuy. Yum. Leaves your lips looking more pale, hence I prefer a coloured gloss for going out. Nice creamy texture.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mairz7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

it smells delicious but is not worth spending $15 on (in Australia)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Yuminnie

I'm dissapointed with this product. It smells amazing but in some way it doesn't do enough for my very chapped and dry lips. I'ts not enough moisturizing and you would expect from a lip "butter"...
I'll use it until it's finished anyways, I like to use it sometimes when I just want a nice chocolate scent on my lips but I recommend using this after exfoliating your lips because when used on chapped lips it just makes the dead skin worse...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyann

Smells delish! just like hot chocolate and does a great job moisturizing the lips. I'm not liking the nude color though...it makes my lips look "dead" so I can only use at night. The jar says to use within 12 months once opened, however it only stayed fresh for about 6 then it went rancid, so use it up quick cause when it goes bad it smells awefull! I know I didn't have "old stock" because I bought the first week it was released.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I have always loved these lip butters but tend to lose them. This is my favourite so far. It smells and tastes great. I have it on my bed side table so hopefully won't lose it this time! The Chocomania shower gel is great too. The Body Shop always has great promotions so this was actually free for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by pulsesync

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never felt like any lip balm/treatment ever deserved a rave review because I didn't really think they helped other than a nice, soft, temporary result and as a base for some lipsticks. Those were fine, but not as great as this one. I'm so glad I spent $6 on the Chocomania lip butter because it actually works! My lips are not just "okay," they're very soft and moisturized and healthy. I've had some cracked lips lately and dryness around my mouth and this healed it :) First lip balm I would actually repurchase and totally recommend. It has the slighest nudey tint on your lips but looks very attractive. Oh, and the smell is really nice, reminds me of Lindt ball-shaped milk chocolates.

EDIT 4/19/13: I still really like it, but I hesitate to use it sometimes because in the colder months (I am in NYC, so Nov - April or so) you'll get a harder/waxier bit amongst the soft cream texture. It melts away when it meets your lips but note that these harder tiny pieces may develop and you'll have to smoosh your lips around to get rid of that little bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by zed4zorro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are only a few lip balms that warrant a thumbs up review and this is one of them. Very luxurious on the lips and leaves my lips soft and plump. It really does work. It is not a colourless balm but has a nude hint to it which I don't like so I only use it before bed time. I'm also not a fan of the packaging. I've always preferred a stick to a pot. But since it does such a good job I'm giving it 5 stars and I would definitely repurchase. A very good balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:53:00 PM More reviews by KGJxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I love the smell - I totally do not need another lip balm/body butter/shower gel but absolutely could not resist the Chocomania range. I've not tried a Body Shop lip butter before but find the texture to be true to the name - it's very buttery indeed, not sticky and melts to the touch. The smell is not true chocolate but still yummy, it's kind of a nutty scent with maybe a hint of vanilla. I don't find it to be THE most moisturising of all lip balms but of course it does the job and it lasts a fair while if you're not eating or drinking. It tastes slightly bitter at first but then has a lovely sweet aftertaste - so try to avoid licking it off! I do love the little pots, kind of like a mini version of the body butter, but a bit messy to stick your fingers and nails into, so I took a point off for that. Overall I do love it and I think it's well worth the price, especially as I got it for only 1 with a voucher!