July 29, 2014 | 2090 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Ruined my skin!!! Had the "sensitive" brush and literally made my skin raw and flake in chunks. Huge cysts everywhere. Why is this popular? The abrasive ness does more damage than not. You should be gentle to your skin as much as possible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

My BHA & AHA regime was working just fine so I didn't see the need for this. Added to that I read articles about people who "ruined" their skin from this. Then I developed an allergic reaction to BHA and I had to do something to keep my pores clean. I got the same results from the Clarisonic as I did from using my products after one use. I recognized immediately the potency of this gadget because my skin was clean but felt stripped. I started with the regular brush at low speed and then switched to the sensitive skin brush. You have to customize this to your skin by keeping a watchful eye on its effect by varying the brushes when you need to, the speed and the frequency. I use it 3 or 4 times a week and never twice in one day with CeraVe hydrating cleanser after I have taken my makeup off with Neutrogena makeup wipes. You will need to rethink the other products that you use in your skin care which will likely mean paring down to not much more than an antioxidant serum and a retinol along with moisturizer. There is no medical basis for the "purging" that people experience. What they are actually experiencing is a reaction to aggravation that over use of this tool creates. Even if I could I would not go back to using BHAs or AHAs because this is better than chemicals. I don't think it is too high priced for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Sharmine

I'm not the one to usually write a review! In fact, this is my 1st review!
I have recently started using the Clarisonic Mia 2...it's been 8 days! Bought it from Selfridges at the Lancôme counter. It came with a Lancôme face gel éclat facewash and a sample size of their Visionnaire serum (which I will write a separate review about because it is amazing!)
Days 1-4 if using the clarisonic mia 2 - I did not know if it was a good investment. Although it left my skin squeaky clean and smoother than smooth, I just felt it still looked a bit dull!!
However I am on day 8 now and I cannot express how much I love this product! My skin is like my 18month old baby...soft and supple (and can't stop touching it!)
I use it twice a day or sometimes just once in the night!
After I cleanse with the clarisonic mia2, I tone and moisturise. And I have the most fabulous skin anyone would want.
I'm hoping with more usage, it will clear my blemishes because it had improved the texture and tone of my skin drastically!!
Definitly worth having for life!!

I usually wipe my makeup off first with a makeup cleanser from loreal and the use the clarisonic mia2. It's unbelievable the amount of makeup that remains on the skin and comes off onto the clarisonic!!
Say goodbye to spots with this little baby!! Wish I had known about it before!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Zentec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was lucky and didn't go through "the purge".
I love my clarisonic. It leaves my skin very clean, and since i started using this the redness on my cheeks has significantly reduced (maybe cause my vitamin c products can penetrate my skin better now).
Absolutely an HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I've had this for several years but only recently started using it regularly. My facialist scared me off by warning it would be too rough on my skin. I have to disagree! I only use it once every other day but it really seems to make my skin more radiant, which is something I've been searching for. I use it at night to make sure I've removed all makeup, pollution and sunscreen and to allow my night time skin products to be absorbed better. It really seems to help!
I got mine through a deal on QVC, good pricing black-and-white zebra print + free skincare gifts and they offered 5 easy pays, which brought it down to less than $25 for 5 consecutive months. This made it really affordable! I'm concerned about how long the battery will last, but it's been good so far.
Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have combination (dehydrated/oily) skin that is sensitive (my skin turns red to the touch and i develop urticaria/hives when im stressed). i was a serious SKEPTIC, but im convinced now i need this clarisonic in my life!

i bought the clarisonic before my wedding because i thought it was more affordable than siging up for pre-wedding facials. at first i couldn't get the hang of it - the clarisonic irritated my skin and made it red and dry. i put it aside for almost 2 months.

then i went for a weeklong tropical beach holiday. there were dry patches and breakouts from the sun, seawater, sweat and sunscreen i was piling on. my skin was SO rough, i didnt know what to do. throwing caution to the wind i took out my clarisonic and used it every night (once a day only) for 3 weeks straight.

thankfully i DIDNT experience any purging phase and my skin got immensely clearer and softer!!! ive used it for 3 months and now i'm hooked. my main tip is to ADJUST your other skincare products e.g.
- don't use a harsh cleanser (especially strong cleansers meant for oily skin), switch to a gentle foaming cleanser. otherwise, its too stripping and drying.
- reduce/don't apply toner if you feel your skin is already thoroughly cleansed
- increase your moisturizer (or put on a more nourishing and hydrating moisturizer/serum than usual) after using the clarisonic
- you don't have to use it twice as day as stated on the box, you can use it every other day or as a "treatment" when your skin feels rough and horrible

do not simply try to introduce the clarisonic without adjusting or reassessing your other skincare elements, ESPECIALLY if you're using a pretty strong skincare set for OILY-combination skin. you might find the whole routine (plus clarisonic) extremely drying. but the clarisonic is really deep cleansing so if you really take care to nourish your skin and rehydrate it (even if its OILY), you'll see good results in the smoothness of your skin. the clarisonic works as a skin refiner and balancer for me. my skin has never looked better and my pores appear smaller. dry flakes are gone and makeup goes very smoothly.

it is defnitely pricey but try to get it during sales and you'll feel a bit better about it (I got mine 10% off using my friend's store loyalty card)

summary from a sensitive skin skeptic: it might not work right off the bat if you're introducing it into your existing skincare routine. you may need to slowly adjust your skincare products/routine to see the benefits. but once you see the benefits, trust me, you won't go back. good luck! xx

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by BellT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It took me two years to finally take a chance and purchase this pricey gadget. I went to the Clarisonic web site and they had a package deal that came with the Mia2, charger, protective travel case, carrier case, two samples of face wash and an extra brush head. 15% off the package deal and free shipping, not really a fan of the color but what the heck, the package deal and discounts were less than the Mia2 alone in a color I liked. My first thought was why the price tag...I have now been using the product for a week and I must say I'm very happy with the results my face feels very smooth and bright...I know this sounds silly...but my face has a glow about it, and my skin care products do absorb better and I do use less. So far the product is doing what it claims to do but time will tell. If they reduced the prices I would consider trying their other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by ericasurvive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE my Mia 2. Since using this tool on my skin, I have seen a vast improvement. I used to have a lot of whiteheads on my forehead and they were cleared up just by using my Mia 2 and a gentle cleanser (cetaphil). My skin always feels amazing after using it vs. washing my face with just my hands. It is gentle enough for me to use once in the morning and once at night. I also use the sensitive skin brush heads with it.

Fully charged, I can get many uses out of my Mia 2 before having to charge it again which I really like. I also like that it is waterproof and has a magnetic charger with no holes.

The only downside would be the cost. It is quite pricey, though its well worth it in my opinion. The brush heads should be replaced every 3 months and replacements will run you about $27 for a single brush head or $44 for a twin pack.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 3:16:00 AM More reviews by candymarie2

I am obsessed!!! I've never been big into skin care but now that I'm in my late 20's I'm staring to think more about skin care and have been trying all kinds of skin care products. This is the best thing I have ever bought for my skin. I don't know how I went without it! I could never go back to washing my face with my hands or a wash cloth again. This thing is addicting! It makes your skin feel amazing after you're done washing and it's the deepest clean feeling! When I apply my argan oil moisturizer if literally sinks into my face and I can tell such a difference! Can't say enough good things about this! I will never go without it!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

Background on my skin - normal to dry, rarely get acne, texture, dark spots, some acne scars, and not that sensitive. I was very patient with this product throughout this month and continued to give it a chance to prove itself. I wear a full face of makeup everyday (that's right, I admit it!) and I needed something that would go deep down into my pores and clean it out. I know just using my hands won't do it justice so I figured this is where the Clarisonic comes in. The first time I used it, it felt a little harsh on my skin and ever since then, I never bothered with the second speed. I used my Philosophy cleanser and my face felt really clean afterwards. Over the course of the weeks, I would use the Clarisonic every other day or about twice a week. I notice some painful acne starting to surface but I just figured it was the "purging" stage. My skin took a huge hit after using this product and it began to flake like crazy. Moisturizer helped a little bit but what I noticed was that the Clarisonic made the texture in my skin worse. My makeup application did not go on smoothly at all. At no point was I able to look at my bare face and see its improvement. I don't get the hype about this product but then again, I have okay skin to begin with which is why it didn't work for me. This was a birthday gift from my boyfriend and I felt bad that I couldn't bring myself to love this product which is why I'm having him send it back. Overall, skip this if you have decent skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No