January 31, 2015 | 2047 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia2

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2015 3:29:00 PM More reviews by shsee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Clarisonic is an amazing product. I'm glad I decided to get it. It is a game changer in my skin care routine. I use this product for extra cleansing when I have foundation on. I like to make sure all my makeup are remove from my face. It does help with my acne but does not make any major difference. I think it slowly make a difference when it comes to acne. Overall, I like it. The heads are expensive, 4 heads are sell at $81. I do agree that you will experience breakout that you might not have, but it is worth it. The breakouts are not that bad, you will experience a few whiteheads. The first two weeks is where you will experience the purging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2015 3:06:00 PM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I've had two clarisonic Mia2s, one I bought off ebay and one I bought at macys and I highly recommend buying one from a legitimate retailer because the macys one works so much better and the vibrations feel like deeper sonic vibrations rather than just surface oscillations.

That being said, this is NOT going to cure acne, however it does help maintain good skin and I've noticed a change in the texture of my breakouts- I used to suffer from large under the skin pimples that never came to head but now it's more congested skin and/or small pimples. I tried to use this twice a day but it ends up leaving your skin a little too stripped and "thin" so I only this at night with my acnefree cleanser and it does a good job at preventing acne. I think a clarisonic will help everyone, even those with good skin because it makes your face brighter and more even and I get over hyper pigmentation quicker. My main qualm is that I never know when the battery is going to die (wish there was a warning light) and sometimes it'll run out mid-face. Also I buy the generic brush heads, they are slightly stiffer but do the job just fine, you can find them on ebay). Also you should change the brush head at your discretion, I think mine last 6 months before they get funky. and lastly, don't let your fear of the "purging" period keep you from trying one! I had bad skin anyway and I couldn't tell if the clarisonic added to it or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2015 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Thegirlwithdimples

I've been using Mia 2 for 6 months lately and i really like it and use it both in my morning and night routine. I have combination skin which is my T area is a bit oily and my cheeks are dry and after using it, my skin feels more clean and more bright. BUT it gave me break outs and I got some acnes around my T spot and my mother thinks that it's because of Mia because I never had any before but I think it's because of the Clinique Smart Serum which is I really hate.. Whatever just make sure you change your brush after 3 months and give it a try.. You'll love it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 1:38:00 AM More reviews by ladiesman217

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

"My skin never felt this smooth ever since i was 12"
Now this type of review finally sold me after i read tonnes and tonnes of great review on the clarisonic. I live in indonesia so it's not that easy to get my hands on this baby. But let me tell you it was worth the wait, the price, and the anxiety to get me some of its sonic cleansing goodness. What those people said about their skin never felt that way in such a long time since childhood is true!
This tool has helped me dropped my dermatologist precription creams that i've used since 2004 ENTIRELY with no "weaning" efforts to slowly let myself let go of it which i try to do all the time with great failure since my face would just go into havoc mode in about 2 weeks in (tried only applying glycolic acid serums which said would help congested bumpy skin have a normal turnover so its smoother, etc etc., major breakouts of whiteheads and blackheads that my facialist called me out on it)
I would washwith the deep pore brush in the morning at 8 am, and by 1 pm my face still looks like i wore a mufe pro finish after a long day, near perfect, pores calmed down, less red because there's no active acne to speak of and just slightly oily instead of all dull and tacky from the oil my face combined with the doctor's creams used to give me. Sometimes i just cant believe it but i'm so thankful i got these, now i use just generic non oily lotions and sunblock for my face and it allowed me to be less worrisome when getting near my young baby because my face felt a lot cleaner, much less oily and free of harsh acne fighting chemicals. Thankyou so much clarisonic, i hope i would continue my love affair with you till our ripe old age :)

Oh and i've only been using this for 3 weeks and started first with the softer acne brush to accustomed my skin with the clarisonic, once i've used the deep pore brush i know this brush would work the best for my congested, sensitive, oily skin. I will update if the positive result changed for some reason or another but for now, everytime i looked in the mirror it reminds me of how it seemed to only does wonders for my skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2015 10:14:00 PM More reviews by SoyUnDurazno

Expensive: yes. Worth it: ABSOLUTELY. If you're going to spend money on something for your skin, ditch the fancy creams and buy Clarisonic. It has literally changed my skin for a bright, glowing, soft one! Even my hormonal acne stays under control.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2014 10:47:00 AM More reviews by denimvixen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a product to splurge on, this would be the one. In my opinion beautiful skin is the perfect canvas to create all of your great makeup masterpieces and the Clarisonic Mia 2 definitely helps to create this. I have never used the original Clarisonic or the Clarisonic Mia but treated myself to the Clarisonic Mia 2 for my birthday a couple of years ago. I think the difference between the Mia and the Mia 2 is that the Mia 2 has a timer on it and automatically turns off after a minute which is the perfect amount of exfoliating and cleansing to wash the day away. You can use it twice a day, but once a day in the evening works best for me. It comes with a wall charger that takes about 8 hours to fully charge this little miracle machine, but even with daily use the charge lasts about a month. Clarisonic suggests that you replace the brushes once a month with their brushes (of course), but I have found a great substitute for their brushes on Amazon that work just as well at a fraction of the price. I also have the Olay version of this tool which is okay for the much lower price, but if you can spend the money on the Clarisonic you will find that this one beats the competition hands down!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by nigphi

I had been reading about how great this tool is and the science behind it is sound, but only recently got this as a gift. I live in a humid climate and have been taking care of my skin with a detailed routine since my late teen years (facewash, toner, sunscreen, moisturiser, oils etc). After my first use about a week ago, my sensation of a clean face changed completely. Even though I hadn't used makeup, the brush head had a brown tinge to it and my pores were non existent! One use and my face felt like a baby's bottom. Products are absorbing better, skin has never been so good in years and it's quick and easy to use. I cleanse with the Mia2 every night- face and decolletage. This is definitely worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by puppysofia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly I never saw any change on my skin other than breaking me out. I was expecting something really good for my skin but unfortunately wasn't the case. Expensive and keep buying the replacement brushes it's ridiculous. Returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2014 7:33:00 AM More reviews by RosieMiranda

I have a strict skincare regimen that I follow and I've only been somewhat impressed by it. After adding the mia2 to my skincare regimen I'm absolutely thrilled. I don't use the clarisonic skincare, just the brush. I've noticed that my skincare products are WAY more effective. My serums are providing the effects they promised. My moisturizer is actually absorbing. My acne is healing. Love this tool!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by YuraK

I've read so many reviews about this product before I went out and splurged, so I will wait at least a month or two before I upload another review.

But for now, it's been about a week, and so far so good. Then again, it's just a week. The skin takes about 28~30 days to rejuvenate itself I've heard, so we'll see.

I'm using this once a day because I'm worried my skin would be shocked if I use it night and day. First day of use, I used this twice (because I was overly excited. I probably shouldn't have), day and night, and while my skin felt beautiful and soft (like a baby's bottom), I noticed my skin felt a bit dryer and I had a few little bumps.

I have somewhat sensitive skin and I occasionally get hormonal pimples here and there, tiny bumps sometimes during winter, so I'm not too alarmed right now. My makeup go on smoother and my skin definitely feels softer. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting it out to see if my skin will react bad and flip on me, like it did for a few people who used Clarisonic.

For now I'm pretty happy with the device. I have mine in hot pink, and I got it from Sephora.
I also ordered a lux brush, because my friends tell me the sensitive (default) brush might be a bit too much for night/day use. It hasn't arrived but when it does, I'll update this review.

(Dec.18.2014) EDIT - I STILL LOVE IT!! I changed my rating from a 4 to a 5.

My skin is good enough to go without bb cream or foundation now, and I don't get those pimples or bumps anymore (maybe that was my mini-purging period?)

It's been over a month using this, and I would love to see what it does in the long run, but for now I'm absolutely happy.

Pointers: I use this with the luxe brush, night & day (with the sensitive, I couldn't use it night/day or even daily). I use the Philosophy cleanser (a tiny smudge) along with coconut oil, and my skin feels fantastic now.