Clarisonic Mia2

4.2

on 5/7/2015 3:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'll start my review by saying this: this product saved my skin. There's no other way of putting it. In September I was starting my final year at university and I began to break out a lot due to the stress from school. By February, I was getting at least one or two pimples on my face every few days. These pimples weren't the "easy" pimples that you could pop and would go away within two days. I was getting cystic acne that hurt and lasted on my face for at least a week. My skin had never looked so bad - even my teenager years saw better looking skin. I was breaking out in areas that I'd never broken out before, such as my cheeks. It was devastating for me to look in the mirror every night and morning and see my face full of acne. The people closest to me, such as my parents and boyfriend, were even beginning to comment on my breakouts which only perpetuated my negative feelings towards my skin. It got to the point where I began to wear make up around the house just to cover up the terrible acne on my face. The products that had worked miracles on my skin previously were not doing anything for my stubborn acne this time. Thus, I decided to look into reviews on the Mia, as a last ditch effort to save my skin from the monstrosity that it was facing.

After seeing the mostly glowing reviews, I bought the Mia 2 at full price at Sephora because I was that desperate to change the condition of my skin. After a couple of weeks, I already began to notice that I was getting way fewer pimples. My skin felt smooth every time I used it and I noticed that my foundation applied more smoother. I've used this product for about 3 months now and I can safely say that this has changed my skin for the better. I only get the occasional pimple or two during my hormonal period of the month, and even then the pimples go away after a couple of days. I only use this once a day, at the lower setting, at night and it does the job perfectly. I am constantly shocked at the amount of make up that it removes from my face every night. It cleanses my face so well and it only takes a minute out of my day. The timer is definitely useful, as well as the adjustable settings, which is why I recommend the Mia 2 over the Mia.

So yes, I highly recommend this product. It is so worth the money because while it did change my skin for the better, it also changed how I felt about myself. I don't have to feel so self conscious about my skin or about covering up all of my cystic acne. I feel so much more confident about myself and for me, that has been the biggest positive in buying the Mia 2 and for that, I am grateful for this product.

on 4/24/2015 10:26:00 PM

I got my Mia2 for Christmas 2013 and I absolutely can't live without it. My skin isn't acne prone but over the winter months it does tend to get dry and peel so it really helps to exfoliate. Mostly though, I love the fact that I know I've done everything I can to really clean my skin. Before I knew better I used to just use makeup remover wipes and really believe my skin was clean but I was completely wrong. I still use those wipes to get rid of the top layer of makeup but always follow through with my Mia2 and it's amazing to see on the brush head just how much more makeup comes out after. I also don't think I've ever used the slower setting because the higher one works just fine and never irritates my skin. This is a must in my night routine.

on 4/21/2015 6:45:00 AM

This device is god-sent. I used to wash my face with my hands and felt like whatever cleanser I used were pretty much useless. I chanced upon this while browsing the internet for help with acne (probably youtube) and was really intrigued since a ton of people were raving over this.

It costs $220 in my country and I almost fell to the floor. I probably took a month (to check reviews and everything) before eventually giving in to buying it. I had a 10% discount in sephora so I guess it wasn't as bad LOL.

I used this for the first time and damn. my face felt clean and smooth! I bought the deep pore brush head (the blue one) and used it on this device, but it was way too rough for my face since I have sensitive skin, and I didn't really feel comfortable using it. I think it probably caused a few breakouts as well.

Anyway....... I went back to the normal brush head and it works just great. my acne definitely decreases when I am consistent with my skincare products that don't break me out. Also, I noticed that people online encourage users to only use this once or twice a week as an exfoliator, but I use it twice a day and it works great. Always try the stuff out on yourself before deciding anything, since everybody's skin works differently!

Pros:
- cleans my face really well
- easy and handy to use
- saved my acne-prone skin (with my cleanser ofc)

Cons:
- expensive, but I've used it for almost a year plus and it still works great!
- replacing the brush head every 3 months is really annoying lol I replace mine probably every 6 months or so anyway lol or when I feel like it's really gross
- helps with my whiteheads, but I feel like it doesn't do anything for my blackheads

Overall, I feel like my skin gets a little rough when I don't use this, so this is really holy grail for me.

on 3/25/2015 9:47:00 AM

I've only had my Clarisonic Mia 2 for a short time, but am in love with it! I use it with my MD Complete Restoring Cleanser and Makeup Remover and my skin has never felt better! It's so soft and clean after using. I can't believe I waited this long to get one!

on 3/20/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

It's too harsh for my skin, even with the most delicate brush head. I'm using it 2-3 times a week as a peeling, but I can't imagine using it twice a day. Please be careful with that, it could destroy lipid barrier, which is protecting your skin and as you get older, it's harder for your skin to restore. Don't overuse it.

on 3/19/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I always thought the Clarisonic Mia was overrated and didn't feel the need to buy one since I was already using scrublets. Then, one day, there was a 20 percent discount on the Mia2 and I decided to give it a go.
At first I really had to get used to the timer and I thought that no way this brush could clean my face in one minute. But now that I'm used to it, I know that one minute is more than enough. I use 15 seconds on my forehead, 15 on my nose and chin, and 30 second on cheeks and jaw since those are my problem areas.
After three months of use (twice a day), I can tell that my skin is notably smoother. I used to have tiny bumps on my jawline, but those have now almost completely disappeared. Also, the Mia2 cleans my skin better than the scrublets I used to use. With the scrublets, I would scrub my face for 5 minutes, so the Mia2 is really a time saver.
Overall, I do recommend the Mia2. It's expensive but it's definitely money well spent!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I remember being on the fence for about a year. I couldn't wrap my head around how much of a difference a cleansing brush could do- that Neutrogena vibrating thing didn't do anything groundbreaking. The people at my local sephora couldn't pursuad me into making the plunge. I ended up buying my grandma the Mia2 as a Christmas gift. Not even a month later, I was lucky enough to receive one during brand training. I waited impatiently for the 24 hours to pass so it was nice and charged. And I used it. After the first use I noticed just how clean my face felt. It was super smooth and my noticeable pores didn't look like there was any junk left behind. I didn't experience the initial purge phase or find it too abrasive on my skin. I use it twice a day, morning and night, on the lower speed. The battery life is really good. I've only had to charge it a handful of times since October. I hope I never have to deal with customer service however I've only had good things said to me about their hotline. The thing that got me was how my skin reacted to me not using it. I went out for a going away party and I didn't end up coming home. I used one of the makeup removing wipes I had in my purse and my skin was not happy the next morning. My skin rarely breaks out but I had a couple of small, really painful blemishes along my chin. If you're considering hopping on the clarasonic bandwagon... I'll be cheering you on. I would have eventually bought one for myself, and I'll have been just as thankful.

I just got my clarisonic yesterday and I am amazed by the results from just one use. I have fairly good skin but can get very dry during the winter when it's windy, and I rarely get pimples except little bumps that appear like blemishes on my cheeks. After cleansing with this last night, my skin was noticeably more smooth, and the texture was almost completely evened out. I can't wait to see the improvement in my skin with continued use of the mia2 and the cleanser it comes with. Clarisonic's refreshing gel cleanser foams really well, feels gentle on the skin, and smells SO amazing. I highly recommend this product.

on 2/19/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

My husband got this for me from Ulta. When I used it for about a week, all I could say was "wow". This is a very good product, and if you use it daily, you will get great results. My skin is so very smooth now that I started using it. I also love the packaging. It looks luxurious and you get what you pay for.

on 2/12/2015 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After using this for a couple of months, I feel like I can review this. I received this for Christmas from my boyfriend who knows I'd never spend this much on myself for a skin care product. This is a great little tool for those who wear makeup on a daily basis because a washcloth just doesn't cut it. My skin is really sensitive to any scrubbing and anything abrasive and I was a little hesitant about how this might affect my skin. Even scratching an itch on my face can leave me with a few bumps. This has surprisingly not given me any negative side effects. My kit came with a sensitive brush head which a lot of people complain about being too scratchy, but I don't have a problem with it myself. It can be used with any face wash and popping out the outer rim of the brush head gives you a smaller brush head to use around your nose if you prefer that. I've used mine every day sometimes twice and only had an issue when I began using my alpha hydrox cream with it. My skin didn't break out but did become really red, so I only use that cream every other day now. If you have normal skin and don't wear makeup I don't see the reason you would need this. But if you're like me, not going a day without it, it may be worth it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools