November 27, 2014 | 1394 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - Re-Nutriv Intensive Lifting Creme [DISCONTINUED]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Marlenejane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as a gift with purchase of my estee lauder double wear, I also got the matching cleanser. I looove this stuff and I'm really sad it's discontinued I literally just found out :( I probably wouldn't buy it but now the option's not even there! It was the only cream before my neutrogena intensive night cream that was moisture rich enough for my skin. My boyfriend came to stay with me and when I climbed into bed and he kissed my face he remarked on how good it smelled. When people give me compliments on whatever I'm using it stays in a special place in my makeup lovers heart. The cleanser was also nice and I still have some of it left. I shall cherish every last drop.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by kself

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample of this moisturizer every night for about a week. It did seem to plump up my skin nicely, but I couldn't get over the awful scent and because of that would never be able to purchase a larger bottle of it. I would suggest getting a sample first just to see if the scent bothers you. If not, then yes, this moisturizer does moisturize well. I didn't see it lifting anything, but it did make my skin look hydrated and plump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by sean1

This is the best creme I've ever used. I've been using it for 6~7 years on and off. At first, I didn't notice much but as I get older, the effect is apparent. It actually tightens my face and makes it look firm. (Only while I have the creme on though. After I wash it off, it's back to my normal skin.) Since It is good for firming skin, you'd have to be at least over 40 years old in order to appreciate it. If you are a young and don't need the face lifting, I don't think you should spend your money on this product since it is expensive (now, $150~170 for 150 ml).
I prefer this creme over Ultimate Lifting Creme which is twice more expensive. I guess Ultimate formula has better ingredients but the tightening effect is not so great as Intensive Creme.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by MsMarla

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am 57 and my NECK is showing my age! I have used EL Re-Nutriv Intensive Lifting Creme for Throat and Decolletage, on and off, for years. When I switched to using my face serum and face moisturizer on my neck instead, there was quite a difference. Recently, I switched back to the R-N Throat and Decolletage Creme and will stay with it this time!! I do not like the Re-Nutriv Serums - the scent bothers me and it is VERY expensive. I am finding GREAT results, using Estee Lauder Perfectionist CP+, under the R-N Throat Creme. This is a wonderful combination, even though the EL sales people at my local dept. store, tell me to only use the R-N serum under the R-N Throat Creme. Guess we each have to find what works best for us!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by CTansimore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a terrific cream. I absolutely LOVE EVERYTHING about it. It sinks into the skin and maintains a healthy balance throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The end of the story is that I use Re-Nutriv ULTIMATE Serum. It gets confusing. The SA story is that it takes 30 days for this to work vs. immediate results for the Ultimate line. I just ignore all of that and look at the ingredients. If you're spending the money, get the serum. The packaging is better and unless you have super dry skin that really requires the creme quality, you'll be happier with the results. Use the serum with a less expensive moisturizing creme. All of that aside, this creme has a nice texture to it and I never had any breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by katgut

I'm not impressed. This creme has a nice velvety texture and feels like it moisturizes and smooths the skin well, but that's about it. I saw no anti-aging effects at all after using it for several months at night.

I'd pass on this one -- at $160, its basically a fancy moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

WOW! I read in an article that this way THE only product that should be called Lifting Creme. I agree and it works from the very first application. Face feels firmer, yet smooth and supple. Beats Shisiedo hands down. I'm saving up my money for the serum. I can only imagine what that will do. I'm in shock and my skin looks well rested, fuller and yes, firmer. Not much of a Lauder fan, but this is some serious stuff. It can be felt from the very first application, overnight. Little bit goes a long way.

Edit..6/27/10...Returning as after repeated use this literally took my skin off. Have completely switched to Avene. I am done with $$$$ irritating department store products. Never again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 9:23:00 AM More reviews by EmeraldCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I;m on the fence about this. It's not bad but not with all the other skin products out there this one just doesn't stand out enough.

Pros- Hasn't caused clogged pores or breakouts.
-does moisturize w/o feeling greasy
-I wake up with fresh looking skin that isn't dry but isn;t oily either
-maybe some anti-aging benefits?

Cons-
Fragrance! Very overpowering and didn't fade
Jar packaging
-I don't want to use a product with so much fragrance on my skin long term
-I'm unsure if this is really that great for anti-aging I think retinols, etc are more important.
-Ingredients-not bad but looks like a basic EL moisturizer, nothing "special"

Ingredients:
WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED; CYCLOPENTASILOXANE; GLYCERYL DISTEARATE; OCTYLDODECYL OCTYLDODECANOATE; STEARETH-10; PETROLATUM; BUTYLENE GLYCOL; GLYCERYL STEARATE SE; PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) STEROLS; DIMETHICONE; PHYTOSTERYL/BEHENYL/OCTYLDODECYL LAUROYL GLUTAMATE; SODIUM HYALURONATE; PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE; COLEUS BARBATUS EXTRACT; SILYBUM MARIANUM (LADY'S THISTLE) EXTRACT; PHYTOSPHINGOSINE; FISH (PISCES) COLLAGEN; ALEURITIC ACID; SUCROSE; LINOLEIC ACID; PALMITOYL HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM AMYLOPECTIN/GLYCERIN CROSSPOLYMER; SEA WHIP EXTRACT; HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN; SODIUM CHONDROITIN SULFATE; VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT; MICROCOCCUS LYSATE; CAFFEINE; CHOLESTEROL; GLYCERYL POLYMETHACRYLATE; MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE; TOCOPHERYL LINOLEATE; PANTETHINE; LECITHIN; XANTHAN GUM; C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN; CETYL RICINOLEATE; ACETYL GLUCOSAMINE; LAURETH-7; SODIUM POLYACRYLATE; GLYCERIN; CETYL ALCOHOL; PEG-8; POLYACRYLAMIDE; CITRIC ACID; DISODIUM EDTA; FRAGRANCE (PARFUM); PHENOXYETHANOL; METHYLPARABEN; YELLOW 5 (CI19140); YELLOW 6 (CI 15985); RED 4 (CI 14700)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Brid1

I tried several samples before I purchased the full size (I was lucky enough to find a gift set at House of Fraser including a cleanser and serum also!) I find it does what I want. Hydration is excellent, my skin feels very soft and smooth and pigmentation much reduced. I use it in combination with Jason Vit C serum and Prai serum (mixed) morning and night and have stopped being swayed by other products which was a major temptation for me in the past. I also used the sun products during the Summer and would also rate those highly! I don't like spending huge amounts of money on skincare but in this case I feel it is justified. I use the eye cream also and get good results so overall I am very happy with the line.