Makeup Geek Eyeshadow (All)

Ingredients: Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyisobutene May Contain: Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Polyethylene, PTFE, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Lauroyl Lysine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Methicone, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Ultramarines CI 77007, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Manganese Violet CI 77742dc Black No. 2 CI 77266, C13-16 Isoparaffin, C12-C14 Isoparaffin, C13-C15 Alkane, Carmine CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 6 Lake CI 15850, Tin Oxide, Zinc Stearate

on 8/3/2015 4:01:00 PM

I've been really pleased with the shades I've purchased. Barcelona beach and beaches and cream are my favorites. I can't quite figure out what to to with Preppy. No quality complaints.

on 7/23/2015 8:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Makeup Geek eyeshadows (both the regular and the foiled) are among my most used eyeshadows as they are very smooth and blendable and the shade range is very good. I would compare them to MAC although I prefer MAC due to the large shade range.
I have always had fantastic customer service from the company and when I received a foiled eyeshadow that was damaged, they quickly send me a replacement. They are always very quick to respond to my questions.

on 7/23/2015 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- Relatively cheap.

Cons:
- Powdery texture/too much fallout/blends away into nothingness.
- Lack of pigment.
- Uneven application.

I am another sucker who got caught up in the YouTube hype. I almost never buy things on impulse, but a beautiful redhead on YouTube with a similar skin tone to mine tried on a bunch of these colors and they were just too pretty on her. They are not pretty on me -- they barely even show up on me!

I don't get the hype over these at all. The formula for these shadows is pretty mediocre. Not the worst I've ever tried, but definitely what I think of as drugstore quality. The texture of these shadows is similar to baby powder, not a good thing. It's too soft. There is always tons of fallout on application and it blends away too easily. It reminds me of a cheap Revlon palette I have where the product has the odd quality of wanting to stick more to itself than skin it applies to. It has a super smooth, silicone like feeling to it, which seems to slide right off, collect in creases, and make for patchy results. Even with primer I was unhappy with the pigmentation and it did not improve the blending situation.

I bought a bunch of the nude matte colors. The only one that I think is usable is creme brulee and only because it's the most pigmented. I have other similar brown colors by MAC and LORAC with better texture, payoff, and longevity. Even though they cost 3 times as much, I have hit pan on only a few and I'm infinitely more likely to use them than the Makeup Geek stuff. Not worth it.

on 6/19/2015 1:20:00 PM

PLEASE STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY! I will be the first to admit I got sucked in by watching hours upon hours of YouTube beauty gurus raving about this product so I decided to support this start up makeup company and seeing as the shadows were inexpensive and pigment payoff seemed great, I had no hesitation. I spent $236.40 on just eyeshadows (both her regular and foiled) and how I regret it! Don't get me wrong some of her products are good but her company ethics are dismal! I took the time out of my day to write a very constructive critic on one of her newly launched eyeshadow's named 'Poppy' it just didn't perform like her other matte colors she had. It was very chalky and hard to blend. I have already spent $193 on orders at this point and I felt like a company should take criticism from a good customer, did they ever post that review? Absolutely not! The company filters all the reviews and only posts positive reviews for all their products, especially the eyeshadows. I could of bought AT LEAST 4 Dior quint eyeshadow palettes with the amount of money I've given to Marlena. Also the performance of these eyeshadows are NOT Mac. There is a reason why Mac is a well-known global brand and Makeup Geek is a brand that will forever stay in the bubble of YouTube. Please think twice about purchasing from this company we may have another Lime Crime scam on our hands.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I cannot say enough good things about Makeup Geek! The swatches on their website are true to color and make it so much easier to decide between shadows! Packaging is simple and pretty, price is EXCELLENT.

The colors are extremely pigmented, especially for the price. I almost exclusively use Makeup Geek eye shadow, and I've tried so many in the past. I highly recommend Marlena's foiled shadows; the pigment is crazy strong and the colors are so beautiful it's ridiculous.

Buy a couple and test this brand out; you will not be disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The only eyeshadows I ever wear! The pigmentation is absolutely amazing and such a great price for the quality and quantity of the shadows. Any time someone asks about my eye makeup I always recommend them these eyeshadows. They stay on all day whether I pair it with a concealer as a base or a MAC paint pot. I have purchased quite a few and not once have I been disappointed.

on 5/2/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best eyeshadow available. I seriously look like a professional mua when I apply these.

on 3/23/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with these shadows!!! Literally, I've given away all my MAC shadows because they pale in comparison. Very affordable, pigmented, blendable, and long lasting. My favorite shades so far are peach smoothie, shimma shimma, and cocoa bear. I've already filled up a large z pallete and still want to make another order. Highly recommend

on 2/26/2015 12:49:00 AM

Overall, these are very high quality shadows. Very creamy and blend really well. They are definitely better with the primer. They are long-wearing and do not crease - again, with the primer. The shades are very pretty, and many are very close MAC dupes. I also like the fact that they come in a pan and you can put them in your own palettes. There is a decent color variety.

on 2/23/2015 11:15:00 PM

Yeah these are very soft, buttery and blendable. In fact they are too blendable. When I applied cosmopolitan on my lid I changed out to a crease brush and applied my crease color (MAC wedge). After I was done with my crease the MUG eyeshadow on my lid has partly faded/blended away and I barely touched it with the crease brush. I never put eyeshadow without priming my lids. I tried both UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Painterly under it and the results were the same. I'd still keep it as they are pretty colors but I'm going to stick to MAC e/s.

Popular Eye Shadows