Makeup Geek Eyeshadow (All)

Ingredients: Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyisobutene May Contain: Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Polyethylene, PTFE, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Lauroyl Lysine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Methicone, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Ultramarines CI 77007, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Manganese Violet CI 77742dc Black No. 2 CI 77266, C13-16 Isoparaffin, C12-C14 Isoparaffin, C13-C15 Alkane, Carmine CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 6 Lake CI 15850, Tin Oxide, Zinc Stearate

on 6/19/2015 1:20:00 PM

PLEASE STOP WASTING YOUR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY! I will be the first to admit I got sucked in by watching hours upon hours of YouTube beauty gurus raving about this product so I decided to support this start up makeup company and seeing as the shadows were inexpensive and pigment payoff seemed great, I had no hesitation. I spent $236.40 on just eyeshadows (both her regular and foiled) and how I regret it! Don't get me wrong some of her products are good but her company ethics are dismal! I took the time out of my day to write a very constructive critic on one of her newly launched eyeshadow's named 'Poppy' it just didn't perform like her other matte colors she had. It was very chalky and hard to blend. I have already spent $193 on orders at this point and I felt like a company should take criticism from a good customer, did they ever post that review? Absolutely not! The company filters all the reviews and only posts positive reviews for all their products, especially the eyeshadows. I could of bought AT LEAST 4 Dior quint eyeshadow palettes with the amount of money I've given to Marlena. Also the performance of these eyeshadows are NOT Mac. There is a reason why Mac is a well-known global brand and Makeup Geek is a brand that will forever stay in the bubble of YouTube. Please think twice about purchasing from this company we may have another Lime Crime scam on our hands.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I cannot say enough good things about Makeup Geek! The swatches on their website are true to color and make it so much easier to decide between shadows! Packaging is simple and pretty, price is EXCELLENT.

The colors are extremely pigmented, especially for the price. I almost exclusively use Makeup Geek eye shadow, and I've tried so many in the past. I highly recommend Marlena's foiled shadows; the pigment is crazy strong and the colors are so beautiful it's ridiculous.

Buy a couple and test this brand out; you will not be disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The only eyeshadows I ever wear! The pigmentation is absolutely amazing and such a great price for the quality and quantity of the shadows. Any time someone asks about my eye makeup I always recommend them these eyeshadows. They stay on all day whether I pair it with a concealer as a base or a MAC paint pot. I have purchased quite a few and not once have I been disappointed.

on 5/2/2015 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best eyeshadow available. I seriously look like a professional mua when I apply these.

on 3/23/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm obsessed with these shadows!!! Literally, I've given away all my MAC shadows because they pale in comparison. Very affordable, pigmented, blendable, and long lasting. My favorite shades so far are peach smoothie, shimma shimma, and cocoa bear. I've already filled up a large z pallete and still want to make another order. Highly recommend

on 2/26/2015 12:49:00 AM

Overall, these are very high quality shadows. Very creamy and blend really well. They are definitely better with the primer. They are long-wearing and do not crease - again, with the primer. The shades are very pretty, and many are very close MAC dupes. I also like the fact that they come in a pan and you can put them in your own palettes. There is a decent color variety.

on 2/23/2015 11:15:00 PM

Yeah these are very soft, buttery and blendable. In fact they are too blendable. When I applied cosmopolitan on my lid I changed out to a crease brush and applied my crease color (MAC wedge). After I was done with my crease the MUG eyeshadow on my lid has partly faded/blended away and I barely touched it with the crease brush. I never put eyeshadow without priming my lids. I tried both UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Painterly under it and the results were the same. I'd still keep it as they are pretty colors but I'm going to stick to MAC e/s.

on 2/21/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

so my niece ordered a few of them and we tried, IMO they are really hard to blend and dont last.....

on 10/26/2014 8:57:00 PM

So I finally decided to try out some of these MUG shadows after hearing so many ppl rave about them on youtube. I bought these eyes shadows in: Prom night, twilight, homecoming, latte, cosmopolitan,corrupt and unexpected. All these shadows are super pigmented and blend super easily (which can become muddy very easily if you blend too much). The shadow i was so impressed by was "corrupt". It's an intensely dark black color. And let me tell you, it really is like INK BLACK!! All the other shadows were beautiful as well. They applied very well and were super silky. They lasted all day and night on me without any fading!!

The only downside to these eyeshadows is that while they do fit in the MAC pro palettes, they are NOT magnetized. I was pretty disappointed since all MAC shadow pans come with the magnetic backing and seeing as how these MUG shadows are constantly being compared to MAC...one would think they would be magnetized as well.

on 9/26/2014 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm not taking away stars from these eyeshadows for the lack of variety, because starting a company is really darn difficult and Makeup Geek actually has a ton of options if you take that into consideration.
I really regret not having bought these shadows years ago. They are fantastic! Of course they are not as cheap as Coastal Scents, but they are way better than most CS hot pots.
I bought these in Unexpected, Stealth and Shimma Shimma.
The pigmentation is fantastic. The mattes are better than Inglot, more blendable than MAC and probably as good as Urban Decay (plus, the easiness of not having to depot them). Shimma Shimma is better than MAC's Shroom in every single way.
I feel like, even though CS is cheap, you never know what you're getting and pigmentation is workable, but not fantastic. Some shadows are really dry. I haven't felt that with Makeup Geek, and have not have problems with powdery fall out, even though these are super buttery. I dread fall out, since I like to have my face done before my eyes.
Also, CS charges at least $7 for shipping! That makes your eyeshadows much more expensive than their pan price. MUG charges fair $2.

For $6 they are completely worth it. I will stop buying high-end MAC and Urban Decay whenever I can find a dupe in MUG.

Top Rated Makeup Geek Products