August 28, 2014 | 1467 users online

Eye Shadow - Makeup Geek - Eyeshadow (All)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

OKAY CLASS SIT DOWN AND LISTEN CUZ IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU GOT A LESSON ON MAKEUP GEEK.

THESE EYESHADOWS ARE THE BOM.COM AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU CAN DO EVERYONE ELSE A FAVOR AND GET OUT RIGHT NOW.

YOU SEE KIDS, MS. MARLENE, A.K.A. MAMA MAKEUPGEEK DECIDED THAT WE NEEDED HIGH END MAKEUP PRODUCTS AT DRUGSTORE PRICES, SO SHE PUT HER LIFE AND SOUL INTO THIS BRAND RIGHT HERE, JUST SO WE COULD LOOK FABULOUS AND STILL PAY THE BILLS. SHE DOESN'T ADVERTISE, OR SPEND MONEY ON PACKAGING, SO WE CAN HAVE THE BEST QUALITY, AND I THINK THAT'S PRETTY FREAKIN' SWEET. SHE EVEN SELLS Z PALETTES RIGHT ON HER WEBSITE SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO BROWSE THE WORLDWIDE WEB LOOKING FOR THE DUMB THINGS. DON'T LET MARLENE'S SWEET FRONT FOOL YOU, SHE IS A BOSS BUSINESS WOMAN AND SHE DESERVES UTMOST RESPECT. BOW DOWN LADIES.

NOT ONLY ARE THEY SUPER AFFORDABLE, THE QUEEN HERSELF JACLYN HILL HAS CLAIMED THEY ARE BETTER THAN MAC, AND IF YOU DARE DISAGREE WITH HER YOU CAN JUST SIT DOWN.

THESE SHADOWS ARE LIKE BUTTER IN A PAN, THE PIGMENTATION ALONE WILL MAKE GROWN MEN CRY, AND THE PRICE WILL MAKE THE SAME GROWN MEN REJOICE, AS THEIR PAYCHECKS WILL NO LONGER BE SPENT ON THEIR SWEETIES EXPENSIVE MAKEUP.

THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE MUG SHADOW THAT DOES NOT DESERVE A SPOT IN YOUR MAKEUP COLLECTION. NOW LET'S GET TO THE BREAKDOWN OF MY FAVORITE EYESHADOWS, SHALL WE?

PEACH SMOOTHIE- LOOKS JUST AS GOOD AS IT SOUNDS. THE MOTHER OF ALL TRANSITION SHADES.

SIMPLY MARLENE- NAMED AFTER THE QUEEN HERSELF. BEAUTIFUL MATTE PINK WITH FLECKS OF GOLD SO YOU CAN FEEL LIKE ROYALTY.

CORRUPT- MOTHER OF GOD THIS SHADE IS AS BLACK AS MY SOUL. LORD HELP ME.

MERMAID- THE NAME SAYS IT ALL, THIS IS THE SHADE MERMAIDS ACROSS THE GLOBE CAN BE CAUGHT WEARING. SAY WHAT YOU WANT, YOU CAN'T PROVE I'M WRONG.

IF YOU DON'T OWN ANY MUG SHADOWS, YOU BETTER GO BUY SOME RIGHT NOW. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO GET UP FROM YOUR COMPUTER, JUST TAKE THAT MOUSE, CLICK A NEW TAB, AND GO TO MAKEUPGEEK.COM.

CLASS DISMISSED.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by adel78

I would love to like these eyeshadows. I enjoy watching Marlena's tutorials and like her personality, but unfortunately I am very disappointed with the quality of eyeshadows. The colors are beautiful, but in 4 hours they just fade. And I use a good primer. At the end of the day you won’t see them on my eyelids. I doubt that the quality is compared to Mac, because Mac eyeshadows have a good staying power. The worst MUG eyeshadows are probably matte ones. They are like chalk. I will not repurchase unless they change the formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by matty6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love makeup geek eyeshadows they are creamy and very pigmented and last. The price is very good and the colors are beautiful. What else can you ask from and eyeshadow?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The shadows are very similar to MAC and almost the same price as MAC. The only drawback is that they fade and lack staying power. They lack the same return policy that MAC does, so it seems I will be sticking with MAC until then. No thanks Makeup Geek. I will not purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2014 8:05:00 PM More reviews by OCgirl006

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My 17 year old niec came over with a few of the eye shadow's and I swatched them at first they seemed ok, but when I put one on my eye it was hard to blend and after 2 hours it was gone...
this brand my be good for young girls just starting out with makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by realhappy

Oh dear, I think I am the only person not to be in love with these. I agree that many of the colors are richly pigmented (cosmopolitan, homecoming, taupe notch, latte, creme brulee), but I feel there is a balance between buttery soft blendability and long lasting adherance. In the case of these shadows my complaint isn't that the look doesn't turn out well when you create it, but that it fades really quickly. Also, because the shadows are so creamy and blendable, you have to be careful in your blending technique or the look can get muddy very quickly. But my biggest complaint is not with the shadows but the return policy. If your order is messed up they will fix it, but they do not take returns. So if for say, you happen to be in the minority and are less than impressed or they just aren't your colors, they do not take returns. MAC will always take a return and for this reason I will stick with them in the future. Sorry to be less than glowing, these are my honest opinions of my first and only order. I was truly excited for this order and based upon everything I'd read had full expectations of HG-land. But in my opinion they are average, there I've said it. :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by greymattergirl

Absolutely my HG of ES!! These are phenomenal! I now have acquired over 30 of these shadows. I intend to own them all eventually. If you are buying MAC or any other high end shadows, you are wasting your money my friend! I have tried everything from MAC to UD, Tom Ford, Dior, Chanel, and everything in between. MUG is just as good if not better than any of the aforementioned brands..and when it comes to MAC, MUG is just hands down better in every single category. The colors are unique, diverse, and beyond pigmented. They are blendable, soft, creamy..utter perfection. Can we talk about price vs quality? One word comes to mind, UNBELIEVABLE. I could seriously go on about these shadows for eternity. I am so in love. I recently purchased some of the new summer releases, and Rockstar is one of the most unique shades I've come across. I love how MUG really takes into consideration cool and warm tones. Warm tones are so easy to find, but quality cool tones aren't as easy to come by. Cupcake has changed my life. I never would have chosen a pink ES color for myself. I saw a video on Youtube and I saw Marlenas eye look and fell in lust with it. I looked up the colors she used and bought them on the spot. This was my first MUG purchase. When they arrived I tried to replicate the look. Well it turned out beautifully, but the shocker was how much I loved Cupcake, and how that one little eyeshadow allowed me to gradually experiment with colors outside my comfort level. It had never occurred to me to try a pink at all, let alone in the crease as a neutral. I'm still in awe of how a matte pink, unassuming color could make such a difference in an eye look. I get compliments almost every time I wear it. These colors are thought out. There is love that goes into the development and it shows. These shadows are a makeup lovers dream. These are the colors you want, with quality you don't expect, at a price thats almost too good to be true. I have never had a problem with delivery, customer service, or shipping. I have never received any broken shadows. I have always gotten a prompt email after ordering, and another upon shipment. Deliveries have always arrived quickly, on time or before expected. I have made small orders, large orders, and even ordered single shadows, and every order was handled in a consistent, professional, and timely manner. MUG may be small, but they know what they're doing. With MUG you can have your cupcake and eat it too. You are getting high end quality without a question, at prices that beat even drugstore deals. I urge any ES wearer, any makeup lover...go! Try these shadows, you will not be disappointed! I can't recommend it highly enough! They are stunning!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by darkskyequeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered corrupt, bitten and cupcake. Before ordering I was worried that cupcake would not work on my nc44 skin but I decided to take a risk anyways. Well it turned out to be beautiful and it exceeded my expectations. It came off as a nice wash of soft neutral pink on my lid. It can be easily warn alone on a day when you don't want to understated. If you want to warm it up I'm sure you could use coco bear in the crease. I tried it with mac brown script and it blended in beautifull. I also cupcake with bitten in the crease and it worked for a night out kind of look... very mysterious and almost vampy. Overal I think I'll get great use out of it. I haven't tried corrupt yet but with one swatch on my fingers it looks really pigmented. When I laid it out beside some of my other mac dark browns/dark grey shadows, It looked almost like a super dark blue black instead of just a straight black... interesting. I will buy more of these shadows because the price is amazing and the quality seems just as good as nice as mac in terms of texture and pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

These ES are amazing for its price, I had already placed a second order for colours that I would use. Buttery smooth and easy to blend, in my opinion, these are as good as Mac one. Would love to see Marlena expand the range of shadow.
I had mine in a Z palette and it held up so well. Its only downside is that it took nearly a month to reach me for international delivery.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Amazing shadows!!! I like these better than all my high end shadows, including UD, Laura Mercier, even Nars (although I would say the quality is similar to Nars). As others mentioned, texture is buttery without being TOO soft so that it blends out with a swipe of your brush. The formula really adheres to your eyes, and it's just soft enough that blending shades together is a breeze. I think the price point is right, considering many drugstore eyeshadow singles are similar in price, and these are much better quality. My only complaint would be the packaging, I don't like that I have to purchase a separate palette to store my eyeshadows, especially because I'm not a fan of the z-palettes. Also, I do wish the website had more shipping incentives (i.e. free shipping for $50+) or something similar, but still will continue purchasing regardless!