Makeup Geek Eyeshadow (All)

3.7

Ingredients: Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyisobutene May Contain: Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Polyethylene, PTFE, Nylon-12, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Lauroyl Lysine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Methicone, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Chromium Hydroxide Green CI 77289, Ultramarines CI 77007, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Bismuth Oxychloride CI 77163, Manganese Violet CI 77742dc Black No. 2 CI 77266, C13-16 Isoparaffin, C12-C14 Isoparaffin, C13-C15 Alkane, Carmine CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Ferric Ferrocyanide CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake CI 42090, Yellow 5 Lake CI 19140, Red 6 Lake CI 15850, Tin Oxide, Zinc Stearate

Love love love! I bought 7 of these after seeing all the hype and wanted to compare them to my mac shadows. In all honesty I much prefer them over mac. You get more product for less than half the price!

I bought the shades "shimma shimma, vanilla bean, latte, hipster and barcelona beach"
each of them were incredibly pigmented - more so than my mac shades and blended better as well! I loved them so much, a few days later I went and bought another 2 shades; "preppy and rapunzel" which both were as great as the rest! I think these are fantastic value for money as compared to mac where you get 1.5g of product for £10.00 makeup geek gives 1.8g for £4.95!! "shimma shimma and rapunzel are gorgeous highlight shades. I would say shimma shimma is a light metallic champagne whereas rapunzel is more golden. Vanilla bean is a sure dupe for macs blanc type yet more pigmented! Barcelona beach and hipster are very similar colours however hipster has shimmer. I use these in the outer v of my eyelid. Latte is a lovely matte medium brown shade. The final shade, preppy is more of a warm caramel shade compared to latte.

The only improvement I can think of is to make them magnetic as they don't stick to my mac pro palette so magnets are needed!

Over all I love these shadows and would happily pick them over my mac ones. Great value for money and they do an exceptional job.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Holy crap. what a total absolute let down. I ordered flame thrower, it took 13 days to arrive, got lost, and the company didnt even offer to ship me a new one.

i got it FINALLY, and the damn thing was totally cracked all the way around.

not only that, but its so too soft it fell completely out of the pan. ridiculous packaging and the most shoddy eyeshadow i have ever seen. I've tried SO MANY makeup brands from high end to drug store Wet N Wild cheap...i just cant get over the fact they are selling eyeshadow like this and expect to make a living off of it?

i will never order from here again, its a shame because the eyeshadow is gorgeous

I love these shadows!! They're possibly the most pigmented shadows I've ever used and are really worth the hype! If you like warm colours, try the shades Coco Bear, Creme Brûlée, Chickadee, Bitten, Desert sands and Mocha. I don't find them chalky in the slightest and found that they blended out so nicely. They are so comparable to mac eyeshadows for 1/3rd of the price. I don't understand the bad reviews as for me they are my holy grails. I guarantee if you try one you'll fall in love with them!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got sucked in to the you-tube hype for this brand. To the tune of about $115.

I really wanted to love them.....but ended up being horribly disappointed.

I noticed they are compared to MAC quite frequently........I own quite a few MAC shadows and there is no comparison. They do not come even remotely close to MAC's shadows. You get what you pay for.

Overall, I found the MUG shadows to be extremely lacking in pigmentation. They are very, very dry and chalky and the fall out is incredible. Very difficult to blend, but I think that's more because there is so little pigment. All of the colors end up looking very muddy once applied. It's difficult - if not impossible-- to attain the true color/pigment that you would expect on your lids.

One color out of the bunch that I ordered (Shimma Shimma) is workable. It's a great brow-bone highlighter that has decent pigmentation without being horrible chalky.

I wont be ordering MUG again -- I just don't feel like the quality is there.

I have three of these shadows: peach smoothie, beaches and cream, and creme Brûlée. I have to say, I own a ton of eyeshadow and these are by far the worst. Especially considering the price per pot. They are chalky, and blend away into nothing on my skin. If I want to have them visible, I have to pile at least 3 layers no matter what primer I use. I don't have time for that. I cannot believe they get such high reviews. My wet n wild shadows are better than these.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Wasn't happy about having to write this review, but here it is anyway.

My better half went makeup shopping (online to boot!) for me, to fill my Christmas with little pots of shadowy goodness. He grabbed them about 3 weeks ago and by some miracle managed to keep it from me until tonight.

I'll give you the names:

Cherry Cola
Poppy
Drama Queen
Frappe
Beaches & Cream

I don't even know where to start. These are cheap, poorly made eye-shadows. If I wanted those, I would've spent the 0.99 and bought the CS versions because they're tons cheaper.

Sorry. That's all I can say about the darned things. Pigmentation? Meh. Fallout? Ooooh yeah. Longevity on the lid? Painfully short.

I expected better and am very disappointed.

I purchased 3 eye shadows (corrupt, shimma shimma, and shimmermint). They are terrible! The essentially blend away into nothing. The pigment is very faint unless you use a dark base and pack it on. Complaints get you nowhere. The customer service and owner are incredibly snippy and rude. The worst part is nothing is checked or actually read, it's misspelled form letters. I will not be repurchasing and will let everyone I know they shouldn't purchase either.

I own only one shadow by MUG and that is Creme Brulee. It is such a coveted shade and is often included in ten best MUG shadows and if this is the best then I don't know what worse would be.
This product is nothing special at all. In fact, it is not even that good. This particular shade is very very powdery. The moment I touch it with my brush, there is powder everywhere. With consistent use, I know that I'll touch pan very soon because so much of the product is wasted away.
It is not creamy or buttery like youtubers/beauty bloggers are claiming. In fact, it is very dry in texture. Lorac shadows are also sort of powdery but they are not as dry, if this makes sense. Due to the dry texture, the shadow doesn't adhere to the skin well. You definitely need a heavy duty primer. Even with that, the wear time in not so great.

I honestly don't get the hype (well I kinda do, nearly all beauty bloggers/youtubers are affiliates) and these shadows are nothing to write home about.

I was a little late getting onboard the MUG train, but I am soooo happy that I decided to jump on!
Every shadow I've tried thus far has been of excellent quality (mattes, shimmers, foiled, duo-chromes), I especially love the matte and the foiled formulas. I haven't tried the reformulated mattes yet, but I will soon.
I love how the shadows aren't surrounded by wasteful plastic, plus creating your own palettes is way better than purchasing pre-made palettes with only a fraction of colors that you actually wind up using.
Not to mention the deal! $6 per shadow, $9.99 per foiled (they're worth it, trust me).
I know people have been saying this since they started, but the customer service is truly amazing. It's not just something people are saying to say. If you have an issue & contact them (I've emailed them twice now), they respond almost immediately, and start working right away to fix whatever your issue might be.

* no matter your feelings about Marlena, there's no denying that MUG shadows are amazing.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Saw all the hypes on you tube and social media, so thought might as well try.
This review is going to be a general opinion; probably I will do individual colour review for a more accurate and in depth review.
Marketing: MUG dominates You Tube, obviously Marlena knows her business on how to promote her brand using the least amount of money. I do think she nails this one. It does catch my attention and curiosity, having said that, after a few days of researching on the web. I felt that it is not wise to rely on you-tubers and bloggers' review as most are affiliates of the brand. I felt overwhelmed (and a bit annoyed) by all these marketing, 90% of you tube videos I found is an affiliate, and so it bloggers’ review. Probably should consider too much of everything is not healthy.
Comparison: MUG uses MAC as its business model, from the design of the pan to the variation of colours. First thing people will do is to compare these two products when they are being introduced to MUG. I do my research (including reading from this board) before making the purchase. So I assume the colours I picked up should be the above average quality of MUG's eye shadow pan.
I ordered 11 pans, and tried them on for the past few days.
International delivery: have to pay an extra of USD 7.99 (I think, more or less) for shipment. Fast and no problem, received the goods within a week.
Pigmentation : very pigmented with primer, so for someone who doesn't want to apply too much, a very light hand is needed. However, you definitely NEED a primer, otherwise, the pigmentation looks dull and boring.
Longevity: average. On me 5-6 hrs with primer, and they all crease on me which is disappointing
Blending: I found that MUG’s shadow is not made for blending, as you blend, the colours get muddy and lost its original vibrancy, so have to be careful just blending on the edge.
Brush to use, I also found out that I have to use a fluffy brush to scoop up the colour on the pan, I have tried using my daily brush which is denser, the pan get powdery and not much colour can be deposited on the eyelid.
My personal experience is it is not exactly creamy and buttery as all those you tubers would like me to believe. Quality wise, MUG is not comparable to MAC (again, as some bloggers’ and you tubers claiming), I have tons of Mac eye shadows, some are superb, some not. On a general scale, I would prefer MAC over MUG if they would have been on the same price point. Colour variation, MUG is no match to MAC, who could resist MAC’s cranberry, satin Taupe, shroom, amber lights and etc….  I can’t…
Overall, considering the price point, MUG is an average eye shadow which is decent and gets the job done. However, one needs to research well before purchasing as I found out, they do have some chalky eye shadow.

An update after months of use: I would like to update my experience with this eye shadows from maybe buy again to NO. After the first layer has been used up, i now get a ton, i mean a ton of fall out whenever i put my brush on my lid. it is all over the face and very annoying.