Estee Lauder Pure Color Gelee Eyeshadow - Cyber Pink

2.7

on 4/21/2012 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I purchased this eye shadow with some excitement as it looked very pretty. However, it has been a very big disappointment especially due to the very high price tag. Unlike other EL eye shadows cyber pink is not long lasting and certainly does not stay true to colour .. .the pink fades away quite quickly and just leaves an oily looking shine. What happened to EL quality with this product?

I have the copper as well (purchased especially to team with the pink)and that is not bad but it is an unexceptional colour. What was I thinking paying $50 for this? Definite lapse in judgement.

Although I have usually bought EL this made me look elsewhere. I just bought Chanel Eclosion and it's a fabulous coloured quad and wears really well and stays true. Why didn't I buy Chanel before? I could have got a Chanel quad for the price I paid for these two EL eyeshadows. Silly me but I have learned my lesson.

on 1/3/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love the formula of this eyeshadow. But I have to agree with the first post that there is nothing unique about this color. I gave it to my daughter and she wears it as a wash of color over the entire lid. It looks quite pretty on her. I do have the lilac and green as well. I reviewed the green and it's a hit for me because of my skintone (leans very warm). The lilac is very pretty for a purple eye and stay pretty true to color. The green doesn't.

on 12/31/2011 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I had really high expectations for this limited edition shadow. Cyber Pink is one of a handful of colors in this collection where the shadow formula is touted to be a "tribrid", combination cream, powder and gelee. The colors are supposed to be metallic and highly dimensional. Although this is a pretty shadow, and the texture is good, I find nothing exceptional about it, nor is the color unique.