Sukin Certified Organic Rosehip Oil

4.3

Any of you with simultaneously dry and acne prone skin will understand the struggles of finding something to moisturise your skin that doesn't case break outs, especially when winter rolls around. I tried coconut oil, evening primrose oil, avocado oil, even the highly regarded jojoba oil, all of which eventually broke me out, and some of which didn't even do that great a job at moisturising anyway.

And then along came my saviour. I started using it a few weeks ago as an overnight moisturiser, and saw results the first morning after I used it. The next morning my skin was so soft and smooth without that manky oily residue and GET THIS, the breakouts I had on my face had completely dried out and were way less red! It actually improves my breakouts which is a huge first for an oil.

Before I use it I wipe any makeup on my face off with (Braggs) apple cider vinegar on a cotton bud. I think rosehip oil and ACV work super duper well in conjunction. I then use the dropper to dot a couple of drops of rosehip oil on my forehead, cheeks and nose and then slather it all over my face, and then I hit the hay.

It's seriously the bomb. Not only does it prevent that lifeless, flaky, thirsty look in winter, it improves skin texture, and (for me anyway) breakouts, evens out colour, and also has great anti-ageing properties owing to the rich fatty acids it contains.

I'm 20 but am a fair skinned smoker who get's more sun than they should, so I'm already showing premature signs of ageing. And before you jump on me yes I'm on route to quitting!!

Anyway. Buy it. It's a bit pricey but worth it, it's looking like this vial's going to last me forever anyway :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Yes, you can use oil on extremely oily skin, as I have learned from using this product at night under moisturizer. This is an extremely fairly priced product housed in a dark bottle, which is ideal packaging to protect the active ingredients. I put the oil on over my serum, just a few drops which I love to massage into my face, and then I finish with moisturizer. I love the feel of this product, and that it comes from a highly respected line of products that are not tested on animals. Will I buy again? Hell yeah.

on 12/19/2014 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

As old timer in oils and growing up with grandma with gorgeous skincare routine, she thought me at young age care for my skin and how simple steps oracle to better results as you get older . I been using this line of oils since in my early teens and been faithful to this product since my grandma used it to before she passed . I use it at night 2 drops after it dries , add 2 drops of frankincense organic oil. I have clearer skin than normally due to this and use coconut oil under eyes before it became big thing . I buy mines at T.J MAXX when is in stock and if is not I order directly on there site . This bottle can last one year if you use less than 3 drops and rotation of other oils. I am obsessed with Essentials oils that I have book just dedicated to products for natural help. I have dry , dry skin and the oils bring life to my face and body . I diff recommend this line . If you want save money visit local TJ max store.

on 9/20/2014 5:57:00 AM

Rosehip oil is rosehip oil. The price of this makes it better than other competitors. Rosehip oil seems to intensely hydrate my skin and somehow smooth the colour, I wouldn't use it during the day but works wonders at night.

Love this! My skin drinks this up. I use a few nights a week and after my home facial I give myself. Only a tiny amount is needed to moisturise skin. I use Sukin's sensitive moisturiser after. My bottle has lasted about six months so it's great value. Leaves my skin soft and hydrated, but not oily. I've recently began applying this to the ends of my hair at night time too, as it's damaged.

This is a great product.

After washing my face or before applying makeup, I put two drops in my hands and rub them together before putting it on my face.

This is an oil, however your skin soaks it up so quick that its not oily to touch long after.

My skin feels like its getting the moisture its lacking from not drinking enough water throughout the day. I have non sensitive skin, combination. Oily t-zone at times but also dryness in other places on my face. This product does NOT add any oilyness to the already oily areas. It brings my face to an even texture.

The price is great and is often on sale at chemist warehouse in australia for around 10-15 dollars. Which is much cheaper than most rosehip oil brands. They're all natural and from what I remember they are also cruelty free.

I put this over my moisturizer so that the moisturizer sinks in well and doesn't rub off or evaporate. Smells great. Love the packaging. No complaints.

on 4/16/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I am just finishing my bottle of this and will definitely repurchase although I have my eyes on the rosehip oil from Fushi. Anyhow, I am really glad I decided to incorporate rosehip oil into my routine...its not oily, it moisturisers well and gives that glow.
For those complaining about dry patches and breaking out, I think you might not be using it appropriately. I have read an article where it says that rosehip oil is meant to be used with another carrier and not on its own (just like essential oils). Seems too much of a hassle...so here's how I do it:
I simply add about 3 drops of the oil to my regular moisturiser to "supercharge" it and apply as normal. It spreads better, solves the problem of the whole 'sitting on top of my skin' feeling and it works a lot better. No irritation, no dryness, etc. You can increase the number of drops for extra moisturising but I think 3 is just enough for night-time use. Also, if my skin does feel parched during the day, I add just one tiny drop to a pinch of moisturiser and it really picks up my skin.
Overall, lovely lovely stuff....I guess that's why supermodels use it ;)

on 3/31/2014 10:30:00 AM

It hasn't quite improved my skintone but I love a nice and rich moisturiser at night and it does the job.

on 1/16/2014 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Love, love, love this stuff! Over the last 6 months my skin has been going haywire - producing more oil then ever before, large pores, dehydration lines and lots of random bumpy flare ups. I picked up a bottle of this at Priceline when I was desperately searching the aisles for a miracle cure. I had heard lots of good things about rosehip oil but had never tried it before, I came across Sukin products which were on sale 3 for 2 so I thought I'd give it a shot. Within a week of using this I was seeing improvement in my skin. Initially I used this morning and night and found this worked well under my moisturisers and under make up (I use the Sukin night cream and facial moisturiser which I also picked up on sale). It didn't irritate my skin, the redness in my skin was reduced and the fine dehydration lines were disappearing. My skin looked plump and glowing, but it didn't make my t-zone oily. If I skipped using this for a night I can see the difference in my skin, so now I use this every night under my night cream and occasionally in the morning if my skin is having an off day.
I recently had a bad reaction to something, I'm not sure what as I was silly enough to try several new products at the same time! I had tiny bumps under the skin all over my cheeks and forehead which were red, dry and itchy. I went right back to basics and used only the night cream, facial moisturiser during the day and rosehip oil morning and night and after 2 days my skin was like new again! I will never be without a bottle of this stuff! Affordable, love what the company stands for and a great quality product - perfect! I'm so happy I discovered Sukin products.

Popular Moisturizers