Maybelline XXL Extensions Waterproof

3.0

on 12/30/2012 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very disappointing mascara. I bought it because my friend recommended it after I said I wasn't happy with another mascara. I like the concept of two wands, one to condition, one to color, but this mascara left me with smudges under my eyes. It doesn't stay put. I cannot recommend this one. I tossed it in the trash.

on 12/17/2012 4:03:00 AM

I really like this mascara-however, you really need to work with it. What I do is:
1.First curl your lashes with a regular curler.
2.Apply two thin coats of the primer-let it dry between each coat.
3.Curl lashes again, this time with a *heated* eyelash curler. Never use a regular curler- your lashes will stick to it! The heated lash curler will lift up the lashes. The primer can make them heavy and they can then droop and get clumpy.
4.Apply two coats of the mascara, letting the first one dry, then when the second coat is still wet, comb through with a metal eyelash comb.
There you go--- lots of steps, but when I do this I do get a nice false lash effect!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was the first maybelline mascara I ever tried and I got to admit that I did love it but since i bought it in waterproof, it took everything to get it off which i hated.

It did make my lashes longer but for the price, it's not worth it. There are better mascaras out there for sure.

on 12/12/2011 7:57:00 PM

I really wanted to buy this again and see how it was. I used to use this mascara when I was a teenager back when it was a black and white applicator. I used to love this mascara, but now, not so much... I bought the XXL Extensions mascara in waterproof and Thank God it was on sale for only $7 because full price is $13 and I would have been really upset with myself for wasting that money. This mascara goes on okay, you have to put the black over top of the white fairly quickly other wise it takes forever to cover up the white. Also, I went to a party and stubbed my toe so I had a couple of tears and when I got home I noticed I that I had black marks above my eye lids *not pretty!* Then when I went to take off my makeup, this mascara did not want to come off! I had my makeup remover and was rubbing my eyes for 10 minutes and the mascara still never came fully off. One minute this mascara is leaving black marks above my eye lids and the next it won't come off? What the hell...? I don't think I would buy this again. It takes too long to put on and too long to take off. TOO MUCH EFFORT for crappy results.